Temp file being left being, in incorrect folder as well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temp file being left being, in incorrect folder as well

Now using StreamFab 5.0.3.8 but it has occurred at least with 5.0.3.7 as well.

A new temp file is being left in the "parent" folder of what was configured in the temp folder settings.

In my case the temp folder is set as: Z:\VideoRips\temp

And this file was left behind in: Z:\VideoRips\

The name is: temp65518339-F04A-4B70-839E-FD168961FDV1

Uploading the zipped file.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by rfryar View Post
    Now using StreamFab 5.0.3.8 but it has occurred at least with 5.0.3.7 as well.

A new temp file is being left in the "parent" folder of what was configured in the temp folder settings.

In my case the temp folder is set as: Z:\VideoRips\temp

And this file was left behind in: Z:\VideoRips\

The name is: temp65518339-F04A-4B70-839E-FD168961FDV1

Uploading the zipped file.
    Rfryar,

I didn't notice this until you pointed it out.

I have the same file in StreamFab under my default storage directory c:\users"my username"\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\temp65518339-F04A-4B70-839E-FD168961FDV1

I also noticed when drilling down that there's a file in DVDFab path too:

c:\users"my username"\Documents\DVDFab\65518339-F04A-4B70-839E-FD168961FDV1 (Same name as StreamFab without the Temp in front of it)

I opened these files with notepad & see that they have my Email address, IP address, Machine ID, First Visit date (in 2020) and other data in it.

I also would like to know the reason for these files.

Fyi, I just manually deleted them and they *both* created again (in DVDFab and StreamFab directories) after I launched StreamFab? ⬅️

I do not like the fact that it includes my email address, machine ID and ip address in a file that is so easily accessible thru notepad (unencrypted in text format)!

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_M; 06-16-2022, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I will let the developer check the temp folder problem.

Comment

Working...
      X