Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discovery+ US crash

Hey everyone,

So after updating to the latest version of Stream Fab today, I am no longer able to download from Discovery+ US. It either goes to 99% and stalls, or just crashes all together.

I have tried logging in and out, with no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

Post logs
    also, if you used the online update (hit the update button when prompted by the app), try the offline updater.

Comment

I hope this is the log.

Also I updated to the latest version. 5.0.3.8.
      Attached Files

Comment

UPDATE:

So I went and re installed 5.0.3.7 and I can download from Discovery+ When i update it back to 5.0.3.8 no luck...Still looking for an answer

Comment

"New: Some improvements on the download speed when downloading Peacock, Discovery+, and Disney+ videos."

>> Peacock > I have no opinion, as I am not a subscriber.

>> Disney+ > Much improved performance when downloading videos. The result is satisfactory and significant.

>> Discovery+ > No improvements for Discovery+ after the upgrade. The download speed is the same as previous versions of StreamFab, less than 2 MB/s when downloading the video and less than 100 KB/s when downloading the audio.

I am sad, as I was very excited when I read that there was improved Discovery+, it just didn't happen.

Comment

Hi all, please install this version and then try again and feedback, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
              https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...5_8c7ecf94.exe
              Hi all, please install this version and then try again and feedback, thank you.
              Downloaded new version went to Discovery+ and it crashed just like before. 1st and 2nd attempt

Comment

Originally posted by dishdude714 View Post

Downloaded new version went to Discovery+ and it crashed just like before. 1st and 2nd attempt
                Just tried and downloaded Murdaugh Family Murders....3 Episodes
                Download averaged 100-120MB/s and all three completed successfully with 5.0.3.8 in just over a minute.

What are you trying to download....I'll give it a try.

Comment

Last edited by jimc115; 06-22-2022, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Here is an updated version, please kindly remove the current one to try again, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Just tried and downloaded Murdaugh Family Murders....3 Episodes
                      Download averaged 100-120MB/s and all three completed successfully with 5.0.3.8 in just over a minute.

What are you trying to download....I'll give it a try.
                      Lucky

Still no luck

I am trying to download portals to hell Season 3 and ghost Adventures House Calls

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Here is an updated version, please kindly remove the current one to try again, thanks.
                        https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...5_d539ac01.exe
                        Updated then unistalled, re installed this version still no luck

Only 5.0.3.7 works

Comment

Here is what happens when I try peacock lol
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Fab Error.png
Views:	265
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	411473

Any ideas anyone? SO no Discovery+ No Peacock?

Comment

I haven't tried Peacock...let me do that in a few minutes.....do you have an HDCP problem possibly?
                            That screen usually pops up when there's an unsecure connection. You could try a different HDMI cable and make sure no other monitor is hooked up.
                            Make sure your Video Drivers are up to date.

I just tried Peacock and get the same with Peacock as Discovery...about 90MB/s and no problems....it actually takes more time to process than to download the episodes.

I'm running over a wireless network also, so my actual speeds could probably be faster with a direct connection.....

I briefly looked at your log file...I don't know a lot about it, but we are connecting to the same CDN networks for both Discovery and Peacock.

When you reinstalled...did you uninstall and delete everything?

Use REVO Uninstaller to make sure you get rid of all Streamfab files....then try reinstalling.
                            Also...you are a little different...I'm using NVIDIA...you AMD. In your AMD video settings, you should see a box that shows your current HDCP status.
                            Make sure it's enabled....Make sure your monitor drivers are also up to date. I came across a few article where AMD drivers caused problems. If an update
                            isn't possible, you could try stepping back a version.

Not every service checks HDCP, but I know Peacock and Discovery both do.....hoping this will be the problem and you can fix it.
                            One possible way to check is to play a video in your browser on Amazon Prime...if it will only play SD then it's your set-up. if it plays HD
                            and assuming it's an HD program....your set-up should be fine. It's been a while...I don't remember exactly if Amazon just plays SD or if it
                            gives the HDCP error message.

Sorry for rambling and jumping back and forth between subjects, but there has to be a reason it works for me and not you. Do you have a different
                            computer you can install on? if it works on a different computer, you could rule out most possibilities except for a problem with your original system.

One last thing...do you have a current backup of your system. You could restore your system to that backup and rule out a Windows update having caused
                            a problem....

I'll keep thinking.....

Comment

Here is what happens when I try peacock lol
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Fab Error.png
Views:	265
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	411473

Any ideas anyone? SO no Discovery+ No Peacock?
                              Hi!

I just wanted to chime in with my experience. I've upgraded with the newest update 5.0.3.9 with the offline installer. At first, peacock was having issues. I had to sign out and sign back in with both discovery and peacock and it started working. I did at first receive that same screen "something went wrong". After signing out and signing back in it started working. It did take about 60 seconds of analyzing the file before it would start downloading from the queue though.

As for discovery, I've had it running for the last 12 hours or so, and so far it''s been downloading and working fine for me. If you havne't already, try signing out and signing back in again and see what happens. If that doesn't work, if you haven't already, use the offline installer and delete your cache. Hope it ends up working for you.

Comment

Working...
                              X