Discovery+ US crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
    Are you running wifi or an ethernet connection?
    That error indicates a problem with your wifi driver. Look for an update.

It also fits your problem of the download failing before finishing.

I am using wifi

Comment

Are you running wifi or an ethernet connection?
      That error indicates a problem with your wifi driver. Look for an update.

It also fits your problem of the download failing before finishing.

But also why would it download from an order version of stream fab?

Comment

Originally posted by dishdude714 View Post

But also why would it download from an order version of stream fab?
        Because programs constantly change, including Windows and Streamfab and the way the websites you download from are set up. Streamfab has to be updated every time they make a change also.

I'm using the Intel wifi 6E AX210 chip...the driver has updated at least 10 times this year alone.

A simple test would be to connect directly to your router with the new version and see if the problem still occurs.
        If it doesn't...your computer is at fault. If the problem persists...Streamfab is likely the cause.

From there....you can go on to pester Mona to get it fixed.
        Last edited by jimc115; 06-24-2022, 04:41 AM.

Comment

Tried an ethernet to the laptop still nada

Mona what's next?

Comment

just incase this info is of any use....about one or two weeks ago i could no longer add shows from discovery to the queue. i tried using a different computer and i was able to add a show to the queue, i don't know if the streamfab version was the same on the other computer. I went back to the first computer and over the next week or so, downloaded discovery shows from the queue but was unable to add more discovery shows to the queue. I was able to download discovery shows from that queue until today... discovery shows will no longer download or add to the queue and the same on the other computer. both versions are now 5.0.4.0. I tried with another computer, with version 5.0.3.0 without any luck. Maybe I will try an older version.

Comment

uninstalled version 5.0.4.0 from one of my computers and installed 5.0.3.8 and it is able to add discovery shows to the queue

Comment

as i was adding discovery shows to the queue streamfab crashed and now i can no longer add shows to the queue or download any of the shows i added to the queue

Comment

Originally posted by IronicMan View Post
                  just incase this info is of any use....about one or two weeks ago i could no longer add shows from discovery to the queue. i tried using a different computer and i was able to add a show to the queue, i don't know if the streamfab version was the same on the other computer. I went back to the first computer and over the next week or so, downloaded discovery shows from the queue but was unable to add more discovery shows to the queue. I was able to download discovery shows from that queue until today... discovery shows will no longer download or add to the queue and the same on the other computer. both versions are now 5.0.4.0. I tried with another computer, with version 5.0.3.0 without any luck. Maybe I will try an older version.
                  Unfortunately I don't have another computer to try this on I u[graded to the "newest version" today and got so happy, just to find out my download speed was 150b/s and then crashed repeatedly

Comment

Hate to say it but glad its not just me with this issue....sadly

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have another computer to try this on I u[graded to the "newest version" today and got so happy, just to find out my download speed was 150b/s and then crashed repeatedly
                      I was getting that same result on some downloads earlier yesterday... anywhere from 80b/s-150b/s, stayed at 0%, then would crash. Don't know what they did in this newer version that causes the issue.

Comment

I'm out of ideas guys....I stayed with 5.0.3.8 because of dishdude's problem...right now, still able to download high speed without problem so am afraid to update.

Can either of you guys tell me what shows are failing for you so I can try them also....Discovery could have changed something.
                        If you have a VPN, try a West Coast US location....could be a CDN problem...but I doubt it.

Right now, I'm grabbing Body Cam: On the Scene and getting about 108MB/s.

I'm sorry I can't be more help....

Comment

Sorry to hear that, please feedback with the latest log file.

Comment

I am also having the same problem with Discovery+, very slow download speed but doesn't actually download anything and then it fails. Show is BBQ Brawl S03E08. Log attached and it is a huge file which only has data for this download.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I submitted a ticket do you still need the log file Mona

Comment

I'm out of ideas guys....I stayed with 5.0.3.8 because of dishdude's problem...right now, still able to download high speed without problem so am afraid to update.

Can either of you guys tell me what shows are failing for you so I can try them also....Discovery could have changed something.
                                If you have a VPN, try a West Coast US location....could be a CDN problem...but I doubt it.

Right now, I'm grabbing Body Cam: On the Scene and getting about 108MB/s.

I'm sorry I can't be more help....

Mostly Paranormal Shows Portals to hell Season 3 Ghost Adventures House Calls Season 1

Comment

Working...
                                X