Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
    HBOMax is still 720p, thats a real problem
    Ditto. I've been grabbing my HBO stuff elsewhere for now but I look forward to SF fixing this.

Comment

Originally posted by mobriskie View Post

Ditto. I've been grabbing my HBO stuff elsewhere for now but I look forward to SF fixing this.
      I’m about to pull the trigger for the competitor, HBO is my go to service and they have 1080

Comment

...and Westworld season 4 is about to start...

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

I’m about to pull the trigger for the competitor, HBO is my go to service and they have 1080
          So I have heard about the competitor but I try to stick with SF, I know, you are right but II am loyal to SF, its just I have been here since they started and I feel bad.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post

I tested out hulu to see if I got the same issue. As of right now it seems to download everything ok. I checked The Orville and it downloaded all of the episodes including 3x04 without an issue. Although it did download ok, I initially had an issue getting the series to queue up. When clicking on The Orville, it analyzed everything down to season 0 and was stuck analyzing. I cancelled and hit play on episode 1. It started analyzing with the same results and started playing the video in the back. I hit cancel analysis again, then hit the "X" to stop the video, then it analyzed properly and queued up. It was a pain in the butt getting it queued, but it downloaded with no problems on my end.
            Thanks for that - I'll poke around on my end and see if I can figure out why I'm dealing with the unending analysis on Hulu.

So I have heard about the competitor but I try to stick with SF, I know, you are right but II am loyal to SF, its just I have been here since they started and I feel bad.
            You shouldn't feel bad for any reason. It's *your* money you spent based on certain expectations which were based on descriptions of the product. If those expectations aren't being met then you have no reason to feel bad. Additionally, spending more money on a competing product just so you can what you expected in the first place is more money out of your pocket so, again, you shouldn't feel bad for the Fab. I say this with the understanding the developers are constantly playing cat and mouse with the streamers, so this kind of progress/regress thing is expected now and then.

Comment

I've been loyal to DVDFab/StreamFab, even thought the IOS DRM Remover issue. BUT that doesn't mean we can't be frustrated or must continue to be loyal. Loyalty is earned and it can be lost..

Maybe you can consider me a "satisfied" user now, or maybe even neutral.. (see the book "Customer Satisfaction is Worthless Customer Loyalty is Priceless: How to make customers love you, keep them coming back, and tell everyone they know" - by Jeffrey Gitomer) due to the HBOMax and AppleTV+ resolution issues.

I did purchase the competition's product a couple of weeks ago because of FAB taking so long with HBOMax, they had a sale, and it doesn't hurt to have a backup option if/when Fab fixes HBOMax for 1080p.

I still prefer StreamFab's UI and work flow, all the extra supported services, and its still the one I recommend if asked, but I no longer go out of my way to bring it up since HBOMax is broken.

Oh, and to get back on topic with testing 5.0.3.9....

With the "release version" of 5.0.3.9, this morning with HBOMax I'm getting "Failure analyzing this video, please make sure you can access and play back the video." on several movies
              including Father of The Bride (2022), Fantastic Beasts Dumbledore, The Bat Man, Kimi, Death on the Nile (2022).

Series like The Time Traveler's Wife, Flight Attendant, Euphoria come up with the episode selection screen.

Comment

I've only used 5.0.3.9 with Netflix, Disney, and now Paramount. The first two downloaded without issue. Paramount has no subs for ST:SNW.

I did note that the temp path for paramount contains a + which wile a valid character in a path for windows, I've seen some coding have issues with anything other than alphanumeric characters.
                also, If you haven't moved your temp path from your Docs folder, especially if docs has been redirected to OneDrive. I could see these paths hitting the 256 character path limit in windows.

Comment

After making multiple attempts at downloading The Orville 3x04 it seems I am unable to find the 'magic combo' that'll make it happen successfully. I was able to get it to vacillate between downloading and analyzing once, but even that ended in failure. The failure message I'm receiving is essentially the same as what KidJoe posted. I tested in my browser, again, and it played without issue.

Also, to confirm what AGuyWithAComputer is reporting, downloads from Paramount+ are not including subtitles (or episode description metadata - two things that are still included with other services such as Hulu, Disney+, TheCW, etc.).

I've attached the StreamFab and QEF log files.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Dog,
                    I can confirm what you wrote about The Orville 3x04. I decided to try the download since you were having problems with it. It's a hair-puller, alright. All the other Orvilles come down rather quickly as well as other Hulu offerings. I tried duplicating the method that Corey75 used to get it but gave up after about a half hour of trying. Either Hulu came up with a new dastardly protection scheme that is only being used on that one episode or something is just wrong with that file.

Although I don't use subtitles myself I did test out the reports of Paramount+ missing them. I can confirm that as well. If I am reading the logs correctly, it appears that at some point SF does create a .srt file but for whatever reason it is either not released separately (if you have your settings to produce a .srt file) or merged into a MP4/MKV. By the end of the process the .srt is deleted from the temp folder and so you can't even sneakily get it that way.

Comment

Working...
                    X