StreamFab v5.0.3.9 (Win) Hulu is crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab v5.0.3.9 (Win) Hulu is crashing

It doesn't seem to matter what I try to downlaod, Hulu keeps crashing. I have not been able to download anything in 1.5 weeks. Please look into this. Thanks!!!

Hmmm... Considering it's been over a week and 5.0.3.9 was released either yesterday or today, I doubt this issue is with 5.0.3.9. I realize this is only anecdotal, but I haven't had any crashing with Hulu in any of the released versions up to this point (including 5.0.3.9). I'm not saying it isn't the program, but I am wondering if something in your cache or taskdata is goofy and somehow causing your client to crash with Hulu. Have you tried deleting the contents of the cache folder ("C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\cache") or the taskdata folder ("C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab\StreamFab\taskdat a")? Keep in mind that, after deleting the contents of the cache folder, you'll need to login to each service again.

Comment

Having also an issue with Hulu , Keep analyzing then failed for all movies or series I choose.

Comment

I agree, Dog, I don't agree that it's 5.0.3.9 specific. The problems have been around since well before then. I've cleared those locations also, separate and same time. Yet, "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" Season 3 episodes may be selected but when downloading is started the analysis always causes a crash...and a report is sent. Give it a go on your end, same results? Should be.

Comment

Originally posted by SirRush View Post
          I agree, Dog, I don't agree that it's 5.0.3.9 specific. The problems have been around since well before then. I've cleared those locations also, separate and same time. Yet, "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" Season 3 episodes may be selected but when downloading is started the analysis always causes a crash...and a report is sent. Give it a go on your end, same results? Should be.
          I sat down to test this, but 5.0.3.9 (at least for me) only shows 2 seasons. Just to verify I'm not misreading (or that you didn't mistype) - is that season three (3)?

I was going to d/l a random episode from season 2, but now I'm receiving an error that I should ensure I am able to actually play the episode (I am). I'm going to wait for an hour or so and try again with a random season 2 episode at that time unless you post back with a specifically recommended season/episode for testing.

Comment

I was able to completely download The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch 2x03 without issue via 5.0.3.9. Mind you, that particular install had its cache cleared a while ago, but since then it's been downgraded and upgraded to various versions at least twice, been through two test versions, and then finally updated to 5.0.3.9 release version. Needless to say, I've introduced enough variability that it probably isn't very representative of most installs. Oddly enough, though, it worked. I also checked in my browser and only saw 2 seasons available as well. If there's a 3rd season lurking somewhere I'll be happy to test if you'll tell me how to find it.

Comment

Thanks for that informaiton, Dog. Cleared out both caches. That got me into where I can see episodes, but when trying to download individual episodes not all can be downloaded.

I was able to download all June epidoes of General Hospital except for yesterday's episode which Failed (today's is not yet available). I was not able to download the last 2 episodes (Season 3) of Expedition Bigfoot, both Failed. I was also not able to download Season 3 Episode 7 of Skinwalker Ranch - it Failed as well.

Hulu has Season 3 of Skinwalker Ranch; Roku only has Seasons 1 & 2 for those looking for Season 3 and I can see all 7 episodes on Hulu...just can't download them.

There have been a lot of issues off and on with Hulu Failing downloads for quite a while now.

Comment

Originally posted by cpaliotto View Post
                Thanks for that informaiton, Dog. Cleared out both caches. That got me into where I can see episodes, but when trying to download individual episodes not all can be downloaded.

I was able to download all June epidoes of General Hospital except for yesterday's episode which Failed (today's is not yet available). I was not able to download the last 2 episodes (Season 3) of Expedition Bigfoot, both Failed. I was also not able to download Season 3 Episode 7 of Skinwalker Ranch - it Failed as well.

Hulu has Season 3 of Skinwalker Ranch; Roku only has Seasons 1 & 2 for those looking for Season 3 and I can see all 7 episodes on Hulu...just can't download them.

There have been a lot of issues off and on with Hulu Failing downloads for quite a while now.
                Please provide the StreamFab log file to better check the problem, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post
                  I was able to completely download The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch 2x03 without issue via 5.0.3.9. Mind you, that particular install had its cache cleared a while ago, but since then it's been downgraded and upgraded to various versions at least twice, been through two test versions, and then finally updated to 5.0.3.9 release version. Needless to say, I've introduced enough variability that it probably isn't very representative of most installs. Oddly enough, though, it worked. I also checked in my browser and only saw 2 seasons available as well. If there's a 3rd season lurking somewhere I'll be happy to test if you'll tell me how to find it.
                  I went to my "RECORDINGS" and I see all of Season 2 as well as all of Season 3 that has been released so far. Then, outside of "RECORDINGS" to "My Stuff" I located "The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch" and Season 1 lists all 8 episodes. Season 2 lists all 10, and Season 3 lists all 7 so far. Which is reflective of what SteamFab shows at times as what I could select. After clearing the caches I was able to download all of Season 1 and 2 again, but none of Season 3. I just run SteamFab and locate the Show from "My Stuff" or "RECORDINGS". Then it's hit or Crash before the list shows. I have an account with Hulu+Live. Using Firefox...I cannot stand Chrome. Appreciate you checking.

Comment

This is odd. I just checked Hulu in 5.0.4.0 and my browser - both show only 2 seasons of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. I have Hulu with no commercials, but not Live. Either season 3 is only available to Live customers, or this might be a regional thing? I'm in the PST/PDT time zone. What time zone/region are you in?

Oh, and although off-topic, I get your thing with Chrome, although I do like most other Chromium based browsers I've tried.

Comment

This is odd. I just checked Hulu in 5.0.4.0 and my browser - both show only 2 seasons of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch. I have Hulu with no commercials, but not Live. Either season 3 is only available to Live customers, or this might be a regional thing? I'm in the PST/PDT time zone. What time zone/region are you in?

Oh, and although off-topic, I get your thing with Chrome, although I do like most other Chromium based browsers I've tried.
                      can you try History.com ?? they have season 3 of The Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
                      you can also rent on prime video all seasons
                      Last edited by october262; 06-25-2022, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I checked History.com in my browser and found some episodes for season 3, however I'm drawing a complete blank on which module to use for History.com. And even if there is a module for use with History.com, is it having the same crashing issue as the Hulu module? I want to make sure I'm actually helping troubleshoot the problem.

Comment

I checked History.com in my browser and found some episodes for season 3, however I'm drawing a complete blank on which module to use for History.com. And even if there is a module for use with History.com, is it having the same crashing issue as the Hulu module? I want to make sure I'm actually helping troubleshoot the problem.
                          just tried season 3 ep1 of skinwalker ranch from History.com which completed successfully.
                          it used the DRM M3u8 module.. i can only try episodes 1 & 2, the rest are locked

Comment

Working...
                          X