No Subs in Paramount with 5.0.3.9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Subs in Paramount with 5.0.3.9

I just downloaded Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Episode 8 and it did not come down with subtitles....again

I did note that the temp path being used contains a + while this is a valid character for a path in windows, I have found it best not to use non alphanumeric characters in paths on windows as it can cause un-intended features.

Attached Files

I am seeing the same issue. Also, the episode description metadata is missing as well.

Comment

StreamFab doesn't care about subtitles.....

(1) Paramount+ no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

(2) Showtime no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

(3) Roku no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

and when you tell them..... you get some cookie cutter response that makes you feel like you're making it up..... inferring that the video you quoted is an enigma..... and they'll have the developer see if they can recreate the problem.....

I don't mention a problem unless it has happened a number of times and I have done everything to insure it's not my end..... and I always stay a couple versions behind because I learned a long time ago..... to paraphrase the old adage..... "the only thing worse than the problems that you know..... are the problems that you don't".....

But I have a remedy that I've begun tracking..... and we'll see what kind of response I get when I again start reporting the problems I mentioned above.....

I just wish I knew who this competitor was that other posters keep referring to..... then maybe I could pay them for the part of the service that I paid for here but am not receiving.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

To clarify my earlier post - I was able to d/l last week's episode *with* subtitles via 5.0.3.8 (although episode description metadata was missing - the last version I'm aware of that still captured the episode description metadata from Paramount+ was 5.0.3.3). All of the test versions that were released in an effort to address the various issues over the last week did not include subtitles, either. I don't know if something was changed/removed from StreamFab or if something has changed on Paramount's end since last week. All other services I've tested still include subs and episode description metadata - although I have not tested Showtime or Roku.

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
          StreamFab doesn't care about subtitles.....

(1) Paramount+ no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

(2) Showtime no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

(3) Roku no longer downloads subtitles and StreamFab doesn't care no matter how many times you tell them.....

and when you tell them..... you get some cookie cutter response that makes you feel like you're making it up..... inferring that the video you quoted is an enigma..... and they'll have the developer see if they can recreate the problem.....

I don't mention a problem unless it has happened a number of times and I have done everything to insure it's not my end..... and I always stay a couple versions behind because I learned a long time ago..... to paraphrase the old adage..... "the only thing worse than the problems that you know..... are the problems that you don't".....

But I have a remedy that I've begun tracking..... and we'll see what kind of response I get when I again start reporting the problems I mentioned above.....

I just wish I knew who this competitor was that other posters keep referring to..... then maybe I could pay them for the part of the service that I paid for here but am not receiving.
          I'm not sure why you feel the need to add your pessimism to my thread. it doesn't help

Comment

My pessimism?..... Is that how it works?.....

Now the truth is interpreted as pessimism?.....

In the future..... I'll be sure to avoid any thread or post with your nickname attached.

Current Ignore List: Brozilla, Chameleon

Comment

weavermovies
              In all truth its very rude to hijack someone else's thread. If you don't have anything positive to add start your own thread.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by weavermovies View Post
                My pessimism?..... Is that how it works?.....

Now the truth is interpreted as pessimism?.....

In the future..... I'll be sure to avoid any thread or post with your nickname attached.
                Sir hi-jacking another's thread in which they are reporting an issue is not the place to complain that they haven't addressed yours.

In the future you should refrain from posting a comment if it doesn't add anything constructive to the post

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post

Sir hi-jacking another's thread in which they are reporting an issue is not the place to complain that they haven't addressed yours.

In the future you should refrain from posting a comment if it doesn't add anything constructive to the post
                  Agreed.
                  Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
                    I just downloaded Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Episode 8 and it did not come down with subtitles....again

I did note that the temp path being used contains a + while this is a valid character for a path in windows, I have found it best not to use non alphanumeric characters in paths on windows as it can cause un-intended features.
                    1. About the subtitle, I've checked with the developer, and Paramount has changed something and now no subtitle can be downloaded at the moment. The developer needs more time to solve the subtitle downloading problem.

2. I will have the QA team check the "path containing +" part.

Comment

Thanks Mona

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

1. About the subtitle, I've checked with the developer, and Paramount has changed something and now no subtitle can be downloaded at the moment. The developer needs more time to solve the subtitle downloading problem.

2. I will have the QA team check the "path containing +" part.
                        Good afternoon Mona,

Is it possible that at some point Streamfab will be able to download only the subtitles?

I mention it, so as not to have to completely download the movies or shows again with video and audio of several gigabytes, for only a file of a few kbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Iván garcía View Post

Is it possible that at some point Streamfab will be able to download only the subtitles?
                          I mention it, so as not to have to completely download the movies or shows again with video and audio of several gigabytes, for only a file of a few kbs.
                          There are so many already existing subtitle websites and apps out there that it doesn't make sense for the SF developers to devote time to reinventing the wheel.

Do a Google/Bing/whatever search on "Search Subtitles" (quotes not needed).

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

There are so many already existing subtitle websites and apps out there that it doesn't make sense for the SF developers to devote time to reinventing the wheel.

Those rarely match up properly. especially when you cut the first 5 seconds off the file to get rid of that dadum from netflix.

And it wouldn't really be re-inventing the wheel. it'd be adding an option to the download window.

Some of us have a limited amount of data that can be downloading each month so constantly redownloading an entire series to get just the one file can be costly, or take months.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I realize this is a totally valid way of achieving essentially the same thing, but in practice it's often not as simple as finding 'the right' .srt file and dropping it in place. It also involves extra steps and time for each and every episode or movie grabbed. I get that some people have the time for, and may even actually even like the experience of, going through this process. There are, however, those who do not enjoy those advantages. I admit I can't take a firm stance on this yet because I haven't taken the time to do my research and find out if subs were 'part of the package' when I purchased. Beyond that, however, it's never a pleasant thing for the customer when software that isn't cheap starts losing features just to keep functioning. The loss of subs isn't the first feature that has been lost in StreamFab, and I would argue that being able to select the subs and have them automatically embedded in the media file is not 'reinventing the wheel' when compared to what you propose.

Having said that, I appreciate you offering an alternative. As it's one of the only solutions currently available, it'll have to do for the time being. Please don't be surprised, however, as I and others continue to follow this issue and try to keep it alive. I think it's probably not inaccurate to say that we (or most of us) feel it's not unfair to request this feature be maintained and prioritized right up there with the option to select various audio formats with spoken language and audible sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X