Continual ongoing Hulu issues, because of how SF handles things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continual ongoing Hulu issues, because of how SF handles things

This is an issue that has gone on for quite a few releases now, and SF needs to adapt to Hulu's changes, and FIX how it does things to prevent customers running into this issue, repeatedly.

Recently, Hulu made some changes to what it considers 'streams'. I want to say this was within the past couple of months but cannot be 100% sure. Essentially, if you have more than two 'streams' going on, you're going to get everything blocked for a certain period of time. How long remains uncertain.

SF simply grabbing available episodes affects this, and causes this to be triggered. This has been doing so for a number of releases now, and still hasn't been fixed. It needs to be addressed

What region are you in? I'm in the Pacific time zone, I've been using the Hulu module to grab episodes of The Orville as they're released each week, and I've never encountered this behavior.

If you have a log file, that *might* help as it might show what responses are being received from Hulu, so the devs can track down the exact behavior that is triggering this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dog View Post
      What region are you in? I'm in the Pacific time zone, I've been using the Hulu module to grab episodes of The Orville as they're released each week, and I've never encountered this behavior.
      If all you're going after is one show, you're not going to notice this as much
      If, however, you're trying to grab, even a handful of shows as they air weekly, you're going to notice it
      I started to notice it when I tried to simply scan that third show for episodes (hadn't even started downloading yet). Because of how SF handles things, Hulu assumes that's a 'watch' or a 'screen'.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post

If all you're going after is one show, you're not going to notice this as much
        If, however, you're trying to grab, even a handful of shows as they air weekly, you're going to notice it
        I started to notice it when I tried to simply scan that third show for episodes (hadn't even started downloading yet). Because of how SF handles things, Hulu assumes that's a 'watch' or a 'screen'.
        Interesting. Considering the cat and mouse game b/t SF & the streamers, I'd imagine Hulu changed something on their end since the SF devs probably wouldn't spend time changing something that works. Hopefully there is another way they can find to collect the necessary info without triggering that.

Comment

Working...
        X