No commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No commercials

So I see an email this morning from streamfab claiming that their software can record shows and movies without commercials even if you don't subscribe to the commercial free version of the service. Has anyone tried this and is it true? Of course this is assuming that you are an active subscriber of that service.

This is correct from my experience with Paramount+. I don't believe they are doing anything extra to not include ads in the download, more like a bonus to downloading vs recording. It does end up slowing down the download a bit as for example with Paramount+ the video stream is not available until the pre-roll ad completes so say I was downloading 10 shows that could be an extra ~3 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
      So I see an email this morning from streamfab claiming that their software can record shows and movies without commercials even if you don't subscribe to the commercial free version of the service. Has anyone tried this and is it true? Of course this is assuming that you are an active subscriber of that service.
      This is correct based on my experience with my Paramount+, Hulu, Peacock subscriptions which have ads, and the Roku Channel which has ads, as well as Freevee on Amazon.

Any TV programs or movies that have adds when watching via the streaming service, do not have ads when I've watched the download done with StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
        Hiya wthomas69,

Subscriptions with Commercials recorded commercial free:

Hulu, Discovery+ via Amazon Prime, Roku free, HBO Max, Peacock, other services that free and are commercial supported like Tubi, etc...

I haven't had any problems with StreamFab and commercials, it's worked great so far across all streaming media I normally use that has commercials.

It's especially useful to me with Discovery+/Amazon Prime, Freevee/Amazon Prime and all the free content with "watch with commercials" that is sometimes offered when you choose "Free to me" on Amazon Prime

Netflix has mentioned that they might offer a subscription with commercials in the future and i'm sure StreamFab will probably handle that ok too.

Last edited by Mike_M; 07-12-2022, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I have a dollar a month Hulu special from Black Friday and only need a couple episodes of Family Guy

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hiya wthomas69,

Subscriptions with Commercials recorded commercial free:

Hulu, Discovery+ via Amazon Prime, Roku free, HBO Max, Peacock, other services that free and are commercial supported like Tubi, etc...

I haven't had any problems with StreamFab and commercials, it's worked great so far across all streaming media I normally use that has commercials.

It's especially useful to me with Discovery+/Amazon Prime, Freevee/Amazon Prime and all the free content with "watch with commercials" that is sometimes offered when you choose "Free to me" on Amazon Prime

Netflix has mentioned that they might offer a subscription with commercials in the future and i'm sure StreamFab will probably handle that ok too.

the netflix ad supported plan is supposed to launch sometime before the end of 2022

Comment

Working...
            X