Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab 5.0.4.3 Apple TV still only downloads at 480p . Still waiting for a fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.4.3 Apple TV still only downloads at 480p . Still waiting for a fix

We were hoping that this new version would fix the Apple TV download of 480p, but it is still not fixed. Any one know how long this has been broken?

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
    We were hoping that this new version would fix the Apple TV download of 480p, but it is still not fixed. Any one know how long this has been broken?
    see under Download videos from Apple TV+ and save them as MP4 files - https://www.dvdfab.cn/apple-tv-plus-...ckid=headmenu2

Comment

I purchased in October, never worked for me

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see under Download videos from Apple TV+ and save them as MP4 files - https://www.dvdfab.cn/apple-tv-plus-...ckid=headmenu2
        This is part of the StreamFab packagae, so no need to buy it.

Comment

About a few months after release, but it's still watchable at 480p, that's a DVD resolution, not Bluray but the reg DVD, so it's really not that bad, it's HBO that's bad, 720p on HBO is not as good as 480p on Apple. I have patience for Fab to fix it.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

About a few months after release, but it's still watchable at 480p, that's a DVD resolution, not Bluray but the reg DVD, so it's really not that bad, it's HBO that's bad, 720p on HBO is not as good as 480p on Apple. I have patience for Fab to fix it.
            I am a bit confused by your statement. You are saying that it is ok for 480p on Apple , but it is bad if it is 720p on HBO. If it were the other way around, people would come ungluded. Just try to drop it to 480p for HBO and see how people would react.So why not drop HBO to 480p until it is fixed.

Comment

I am a bit confused by your statement. You are saying that it is ok for 480p on Apple , but it is bad if it is 720p on HBO. If it were the other way around, people would come ungluded. Just try to drop it to 480p for HBO and see how people would react.So why not drop HBO to 480p until it is fixed.
              Look I am no developer, all I know is what I see when I watch when I download something, I watched 480p DVDs for years on my TV and it was fine, so when the resolution went to 720p which by the way is considered HD it was way better, sure 1080p is preferable, but for me, it's not the end all be all. I can still watch the movie and enjoy it while the rest of you are crying about the specific clarity and trying to be video snobs I am enjoying my movies. Have fun.
              Last edited by Chameleon; 07-24-2022, 02:07 PM.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Look I am no developer, all I know is what I see when I watch when I download something, I watched 480p DVDs for years on my TV and it was fine, so when the resolution went to 720p which by the way is considered HD it was way better, sure 1080p is preferable, but for me, it's not the end all be all. I can still watch the movie and enjoy it while the rest of you are crying about the specific clarity and trying to be video snobs I am enjoying my movies. Have fun.

LOL

Comment

480 is bad. This is 2022, not 1980
                  Today's TVs can BARELY handle 480

Unfortunately, the truth is that SF doesn't care. They have no desire to pursue fixing these issues. If they did, they'd put everything they had into simply doing THAT. Same with HBO, which has already been fixed , for MONTHS by competition

Comment

More whining about Apples powerful encryption from this user. How predictable this user is, always blames the software company rather than Apple encryption, and worse makes unfounded judgements about the software company like "they don't care" and "no desire"
                    Is it possible for me to block this users comments in future?

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                      Unfortunately, the truth is that SF doesn't care. They have no desire to pursue fixing these issues. If they did, they'd put everything they had into simply doing THAT. Same with HBO, which has already been fixed , for MONTHS by competition
                      I'm going to stick my neck out (probably for no good reason) and say that I partially agree now. I disagree that SF doesn't care but I have no idea why it is taking this long to fix. And this is coming from someone, me, who thinks of himself as a StreamFab defender. I have no reason to be anything but a defender because, with the exception of the disaster called version 5.0.3.8, I have not had a bit of problem with StreamFab. Sure, some modules could use a little polish and minor changes made but I really can't complain. In truth I should't complain about the Apple and HBO modules either. Why? Because I'm not a subscriber to either service. The same with Disney, I'm not a subscriber. I received the modules as part of my A-I-O purchase but I've never run them. When I looked at the offerings from those 3 services I didn't find enough to make me want to lay my money out for their subscriptions. If I wanted any particular video from those 3 I have other resources, as do we all. So why stick my neck out? Because it's time. This has gone on for too long. If I don't speak out about 3 services I don't use, what happens the next time the DRM is changed and it is 1 or 2 of my subscribed-to services that fall by the wayside?
                      I don't know if the developer is in-house or a farmed out job but Fengtao needs to put pressure on the developer to get AppleTV+, HBO, and Disney+ working at their highest level possible, ASAP. Temporarily forget about work on all other modules, either existing or in planning. Put all available resources, meaning coders, on fixing these three modules. If you don't have enough coders, hire new ones. For the amount of money being charged for each module, money used to hire employees should not be a problem. Forgive me if I come across as being crass but the world looks to China for it's cheap labor. It's summertime and probably 100,000 recently graduated ex-students with Computer Science degrees are out there looking for something like this. Hire them and finally get these modules working to their fullest potential.
                      And finally, I absolutely hated everytime someone here did a "Well, the competition has it fixed." For the moment, let's put aside that based on reading their forum, they don't really have it fixed, not totally, anyway. The fact is (or at least, I believe) there are people out in the world that have already broken the HD and beyond DRM of these 3 services or have the talent to do it if asked. Fengtao (or whoever the developer is if not in-house) needs to track down these people and hire them immediately. They don't need to be located in China. Find the best video crackers in the world and put them to work. Once word gets out on how flawlessly StreamFab works Fengtao will be making so much money that they won't know what to do with it. How many purchases have been lost now because word got out that StreamFab has only low resolution for their AppleTV+, Disney+, and HBO modules?

Your Honor, the defense rests it's case.
                      Last edited by Cats4U; 07-26-2022, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

I'm going to stick my neck out (probably for no good reason) and say that I partially agree now. I disagree that SF doesn't care but I have no idea why it is taking this long to fix. And this is coming from someone, me, who thinks of himself as a StreamFab defender. I have no reason to be anything but a defender because, with the exception of the disaster called version 5.0.3.8, I have not had a bit of problem with StreamFab. Sure, some modules could use a little polish and minor changes made but I really can't complain. In truth I should't complain about the Apple and HBO modules either. Why? Because I'm not a subscriber to either service. The same with Disney, I'm not a subscriber. I received the modules as part of my A-I-O purchase but I've never run them. When I looked at the offerings from those 3 services I didn't find enough to make me want to lay my money out for their subscriptions. If I wanted any particular video from those 3 I have other resources, as do we all. So why stick my neck out? Because it's time. This has gone on for too long. If I don't speak out about 3 services I don't use, what happens the next time the DRM is changed and it is 1 or 2 of my subscribed-to services that fall by the wayside?
                        I don't know if the developer is in-house or a farmed out job but Fengtao needs to put pressure on the developer to get AppleTV+, HBO, and Disney+ working at their highest level possible, ASAP. Temporarily forget about work on all other modules, either existing or in planning. Put all available resources, meaning coders, on fixing these three modules. If you don't have enough coders, hire new ones. For the amount of money being charged for each module, money used to hire employees should not be a problem. Forgive me if I come across as being crass but the world looks to China for it's cheap labor. It's summertime and probably 100,000 recently graduated ex-students with Computer Science degrees are out there looking for something like this. Hire them and finally get these modules working to their fullest potential.
                        And finally, I absolutely hated everytime someone here did a "Well, the competition has it fixed." For the moment, let's put aside that based on reading their forum, they don't really have it fixed, not totally, anyway. The fact is (or at least, I believe) there are people out in the world that have already broken the HD and beyond DRM of these 3 services or have the talent to do it if asked. Fengtao (or whoever the developer is if not in-house) needs to track down these people and hire them immediately. They don't need to be located in China. Find the best video crackers in the world and put them to work. Once word gets out on how flawlessly StreamFab works Fengtao will be making so much money that they won't know what to do with it. How many purchases have been lost now because word got out that StreamFab has only low resolution for their AppleTV+, Disney+, and HBO modules?

Your Honor, the defense rests it's case.
                        I'm not gonna waste too much time here trying to explain since people seems to ignore it or are just too damn stupid like one of the previous speakers in this thread. It has been stated before on the forums what the problem is already and has been answered some times. But anyhow.

The DRM used by these services are not really "cracked" they are being circumvented.

You have 3 levels of encryption.
                        L1 this is the highest protection level. Formerly mostly used for 4K content but not more or less the standard.
                        L2 in the middle not too common
                        L3 which is the lowest that was used by most of the providers for 720 and 1080.

Then in December providers started to patch and fix the hole in the protection making things no longer work. This was "wave 1"

Then some months later came "wave 2" when most of the providers started to move their new content in 1080 to L1 or like Apple even putting their 720 in L1.

This is where we currently stand and unless someone leaks the encryption keys so they can be cached for decryption or leaks a L1 CDM (which will probably be banned once noticed) it is highly unlikely that this content will be downloadable again in the foreseeable future.

Of course there are places that has the newest content since they either use more advanced setups or has actually bought a leaked L1 CDM.

I will not go any deeper into the tech used since it might catch more attention than wanted on the forum.

So if you ask me it is not about not caring. But not being able too.

And I see no reason why they should halt all of their business just because of this. It's better to continue to develop and add other sites that actually still works and attracts people while waiting for an opportunity to "fix" the mainstream services.

The only thing that could be asked for is more transparency on what is going on. Instead of just giving a silent treatment.

Comment

I'm well aware of the history involved here. I know the concepts behind the levels of encryption from being on other forums where it is more openly discussed. I'll just say this... anything built by a human can be taken apart by a human.

Comment

Originally posted by R3C01L View Post

I'm not gonna waste too much time here trying to explain since people seems to ignore it or are just too damn stupid like one of the previous speakers in this thread. It has been stated before on the forums what the problem is already and has been answered some times. But anyhow.

The DRM used by these services are not really "cracked" they are being circumvented.

You have 3 levels of encryption.
                            L1 this is the highest protection level. Formerly mostly used for 4K content but not more or less the standard.
                            L2 in the middle not too common
                            L3 which is the lowest that was used by most of the providers for 720 and 1080.

Then in December providers started to patch and fix the hole in the protection making things no longer work. This was "wave 1"

Then some months later came "wave 2" when most of the providers started to move their new content in 1080 to L1 or like Apple even putting their 720 in L1.

This is where we currently stand and unless someone leaks the encryption keys so they can be cached for decryption or leaks a L1 CDM (which will probably be banned once noticed) it is highly unlikely that this content will be downloadable again in the foreseeable future.

Of course there are places that has the newest content since they either use more advanced setups or has actually bought a leaked L1 CDM.

I will not go any deeper into the tech used since it might catch more attention than wanted on the forum.

So if you ask me it is not about not caring. But not being able too.

And I see no reason why they should halt all of their business just because of this. It's better to continue to develop and add other sites that actually still works and attracts people while waiting for an opportunity to "fix" the mainstream services.

The only thing that could be asked for is more transparency on what is going on. Instead of just giving a silent treatment.
                            Wow , how plain and simple this was explaining without offending anyone....it explains a lot with reasoning and if you don't agree or want to understand I would say there are underlaying personal issues.

Comment

...I disagree that SF doesn't care but I have no idea why it is taking this long to fix. And this is coming from someone, me, who thinks of himself as a StreamFab defender. I have no reason to be anything but a defender because, with the exception of the disaster called version 5.0.3.8, I have not had a bit of problem with StreamFab. Sure, some modules could use a little polish and minor changes made but I really can't complain. In truth I should't complain about the Apple and HBO modules either. Why? Because I'm not a subscriber to either service. The same with Disney, I'm not a subscriber. I received the modules as part of my A-I-O purchase but I've never run them. When I looked at the offerings from those 3 services I didn't find enough to make me want to lay my money out for their subscriptions. If I wanted any particular video from those 3 I have other resources, as do we all. So why stick my neck out? Because it's time. This has gone on for too long. If I don't speak out about 3 services I don't use, what happens the next time the DRM is changed and it is 1 or 2 of my subscribed-to services that fall by the wayside?
                              I feel the same. I've had the minor problems here or there, which have been fixed (although I haven't gone back to enable scheduling of TV series downloads yet), but it pretty much just works. And you can/could consider consider me a SF Defender too. Although I do subscribe to HBOMax, AppleTV+ and Disney+, among others, so the "what happens next time" is always in my mind.

And finally, I absolutely hated everytime someone here did a "Well, the competition has it fixed." For the moment, let's put aside that based on reading their forum, they don't really have it fixed, not totally, anyway.
                              Regardless of what you take from reading their forum. Fact is, when I use the other app (I purchased a license from them too) I *CAN* download new content from HBOMax at 1080p and 4K. So I'm going with its fixed, and has been or at least working way better than SF at the moment, which is why I had hopes for SF eventually fixing their product too. Although as time has gone on, my hope is slowly dying.

BUT I don't know enough about the back end, what process or exploit each tool is using, so I don't know if what SF is using makes it harder to fix than the other tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X