DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp not clearing out after download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp not clearing out after download

Hi, yesterday and today I downloaded some videos from Netflix. The .MKV files were successfully created on my specified external hard drive but C:\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp was not cleared out after the download completed. This resulted in over 3gb of extra space taken up on my C: Drive. Please advise what I need to do to assure that the Temp is cleared out after downloading has been completed.

Thank You.

Originally posted by captnvideo View Post
    Hi, yesterday and today I downloaded some videos from Netflix. The .MKV files were successfully created on my specified external hard drive but C:\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp was not cleared out after the download completed. This resulted in over 3gb of extra space taken up on my C: Drive. Please advise what I need to do to assure that the Temp is cleared out after downloading has been completed.

Thank You.
    StreamFab is aware of this and it's been discussed in previous threads such as:

Completed files not being deleted from the temp output folder after download is complete. Downloaded approx 50 4gb files and the temp output folder was about 200gb's for Amazon....along with another 200gb's for the actual downloaded files.

For now I'd read the thread & make sure you manually cleanup delete from those directories until StreamFab fixes this *very* important problem.

Comment

Captain,
      Mike gave a good answer. Looking at it from another way though, since you do have an external drive, why aren't you setting your Temp directory to either a Customized Directory or to a drive that has the most disk space. Both options are available in the Settings menu. It won't automatically delete anything at this point but at least your 3Gb on the C drive won't be used.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-07-22 1.07.00 AM.png
Views:	801
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	412818

It's a shame that computer manufacturers put such teeny C drives in their products. If I were you or someone thinking of dealing with videos on a continuous basis I would consider replacing that small drive for a larger one, not for actual video storage but for the many extras associated with processing video. No one should have to worry over 3Gb of space with the size and price of drives available nowadays.

In the meantime, you might want to consider incorporating the line "del C:\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\*.*" (no quotes) into a script and making a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Which just brought to my mind another Feature Request that I will suggest to the developer... adding the ability to run a post-processing (and/or pre-processing) program or batch file.

Comment

Thanks for all your replies. I should have clarified that my C: Drive is 256gb. Because the temp folder was not cleared out, it contained 3gb of unnecessary files which inflated my daily incremental system backup. Thanks for letting me know that DVDFab is aware of this. I will read the thread that Mike suggested.

Comment

Quote: "In the meantime, you might want to consider incorporating the line "del C:\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\*.*" (no quotes) into a script and making a shortcut to it on your desktop."

This morning, I changed the temp file location setting to "Users\%UserName%\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab". After downloading 4 videos from Netflix, I found the leftovers in the OutputTemp folder, not the Temp folder.

Comment

Get version 5.0.4.5. Just out. Don't use the updater. Get the program file using the address in the sticky announcement above in this forum. The leftovers are gone now. At least they were with the one download I've done so far today.

Comment

Just because it's done this correctly once doesn't mean the problem is solved. It's definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by twhiting9275 View Post
                Just because it's done this correctly once doesn't mean the problem is solved. It's definitely not.
                I totally agree with you except for your last sentence. Once is not enough to prove a fact. When I run a test I do multiple downloads of random videos from various streaming sites unless the problem is centered around a specific video or site. Unfortunately I had to deal with a situation today where Comcast (my provider) was working on something up a pole down the street for most of the morning into the afternoon. My Internet and TV was going down all day long. I was lucky to squeeze in that one download that I mentioned in my prior post. It wasn't until early evening that I was able to do my normal testing routine. For that test I downloaded 7 random videos, one each from a different streaming site - Amazon, Paramount+, Peacock, Hulu, Netflix, Tubi and theCW. All downloaded successfully and when I went to my outputTemp folder, it was empty. To my eyes and mind the problem is solved.
                Please explain why you say it is definitely not.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                  Please explain why you say it is definitely not.
                  Go into temp/metapicture. If you haven't cleaned this out, it'll have hundreds (maybe thousands) of files. Being 'temporary', they should be cleaned out after use

For now, it appears that this might be resolved (partially). The largest bit of content (outputtemp) appears to be good. However, it's not fully cleaned out, and needs to be when not used.

The only thing in there should be temporary stuff (such as cache). If that ever gets over a gig, it's too much.

Comment

Yeah, I guess if one is truly obsessed with getting rid of all temporary files then, sure, those should be removed as well. I have 58 files in my folder and they amount to 51 MiB of space. If I had 1000 times that amount I'd be wasting a whopping 52 GB of storage space.

My thought on the metapicture folder has been that PlayerFab uses those pictures for it's library display. I do not know that as fact because I do not use PlayerFab. It would make sense for them to do that rather than go out on the Internet and retrieve them again.

Comment

Working...
                    X