To A Member Of StreamFab Staff..... Resolution Of HBOMAX 1080p Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
    Do you like the others have done and buy the competition and kick streamfab to the curb and use it only when absolutely necessary as in a service that the competition doesn’t have. I’m getting more than twice the download speed with the competition as well across all the services
    I did. a few months ago, when the HBO issue wasn't getting fixed. BUT not everyone can do that, or wants to spend more money. And to be honest, StreamFab's UI is better and search works. IF/When SF fails, I go to the other, but usually I spend my time using SF.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
      "probably"? The truth is we don't know what the SF team is doing, if they are making any progress or not, etc. and that not knowing after all this time invites speculation like this.

And define "SOON". What is your source that the combined HBOMax/DiscoveryPlus site/service will be available "soon"? While I've seen stories saying "expected in 2023", I haven't seen stories or statements from the companies with exact dates yet.

This issue with SF and HBOMax has been going on since the end of April. Just over 3 months. *IF* the Fab team are waiting on the combined service, how much longer will that be for us to have a working solution? And who is to say they can crack that new site/service immediately, if at all?

All that aside, *IF* that is their plan, they should just say so. Let the current customers know what to expect.
      Grow Up

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Grow Up
        Why? Because I ask what "soon" is? Or what the source is for the combined site being available soon? I honestly would like to know if I missed the announcement.

​​​​And again, if Fab's plan is to wait on the new combined service, they could just say it and prevent the speculation, conjecture, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          Why? Because I ask what "soon" is? Or what the source is for the combined site being available soon? I honestly would like to know if I missed the announcement.

​​​​And again, if Fab's plan is to wait on the new combined service, they could just say it and prevent the speculation, conjecture, etc.
          No...the grow up part is because you completely ignored the post.HBOMAX should have been fixed the same week it went to 720p. I can download 1080p with a simple script and an L3 key.
          The Op stated it needed an L1 key...not true.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

No...the grow up part is because you completely ignored the post.HBOMAX should have been fixed the same week it went to 720p. I can download 1080p with a simple script and an L3 key.
            The Op stated it needed an L1 key...not true.
            I wasn't replying about L1/L3 keys when I posted that. And I'm not trying to debate or discuss if it's an easy fix, hard fix, what is needed, etc. Because I don't know what method or process StreamFab uses or how it's any different, or the same, as what others use, or what else is out there.

I quoted exactly what I was replying to and asking my questions of. The mention of HBOMax and Discovery+ services merging soon and that is possibly why SF's HBOMax isn't fixed yet.

I know the HBOMax issue was fixed in the competition's app within days, so I would have thought SF should have been able to fix in a week tops, or at least now that it's been 3 months . (I mentioned in a different post that i purchased the other product months ago due to StreamFab lagging on with no fix).
            Last edited by KidJoe; 08-12-2022, 03:50 AM.

Comment

I know you can't say the competition name here on the board, but can some one private message me with that information. I would be interested to get it for HBO and if it works for Apple TV which has been forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
                I know you can't say the competition name here on the board, but can some one private message me with that information. I would be interested to get it for HBO and if it works for Apple TV which has been forever.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=413567.jpg
Views:	454
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	414189

They don't do Apple+.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jimd6500 View Post
                    Thanks
                    You're welcome. That was an email promotional ad sent out by StreamFab a few weeks ago to users, by the way. I never received it myself. Someone posted it here on the Forum and that's how I got it.

Comment

Working...
                    X