To A Member Of StreamFab Staff..... Resolution Of HBOMAX 1080p Downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To A Member Of StreamFab Staff..... Resolution Of HBOMAX 1080p Downloads

The issue is that as of a certain date..... all new additions to the HBOMAX video catalog have a maximum download resolution of 720p.....

I..... along with many others..... have submitted log files in the past.....

This situation has existed now for four months..... so I have a simple question which I would like answered by someone from StreamFab.....

What is the status on this issue being resolved?
    Last edited by weavermovies; 08-02-2022, 06:29 PM.

They need a L1 CDM to get 1080p it is the same with Apple TV+

Comment

Originally posted by Bonde View Post
      While I realize this is a public forum..... and we live in a country where we all enjoy the privilege of Freedom of Speech..... I would remind you of the preface I have chosen for the topic of this thread.....

To A Member Of StreamFab Staff.....

Consequently..... to insure that the topic doesn't get lost in the usual subjective suppositions which have allowed this to go on for the four months I mentioned above..... I would ask that everyone refrain from their opinions and let the powers that be tell us all exactly when we are going to have resolution.....

Thank you for your understanding.

Comment

how come a certin other company has already broken the protection months ago all know who they are

Comment

Yes this is a public forum, but this means that it is also visible to HBOMAX and the other content owners of the Movies and TV shows. Great that logs have been submitted, next step is to be patient and await a future update.
          Last edited by yoyo57; 08-03-2022, 12:00 PM.

Comment

think we have been patient enough been well past two months

Comment

There is still some problem to get addressed, and the developer needs more time to work it out, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                There is still some problem to get addressed, and the developer needs more time to work it out, thank you.
                With all due respect..... that has been the same response for the last four months.....

And to be completely candid..... I believe there is another reason that we are not being told.

Comment

I like a good conspiracy theory and it is a slow day for Alex Jones news, so tell me more

Comment

I think its time people moved on to the competition which works with HBO. The latest email from DVDFab even tells you who the competition is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonde View Post
                      So does Amazon.....not a good excuse.....Apple TV is blocking 1080p to browsers. HBO is not.

HBOMAX and Discovery Plus will be the same site soon and is probably why it is not being fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
                        HBOMAX and Discovery Plus will be the same site soon and is probably why it is not being fixed.
                        "probably"? The truth is we don't know what the SF team is doing, if they are making any progress or not, etc. and that not knowing after all this time invites speculation like this.

And define "SOON". What is your source that the combined HBOMax/DiscoveryPlus site/service will be available "soon"? While I've seen stories saying "expected in 2023", I haven't seen stories or statements from the companies with exact dates yet.

This issue with SF and HBOMax has been going on since the end of April. Just over 3 months. *IF* the Fab team are waiting on the combined service, how much longer will that be for us to have a working solution? And who is to say they can crack that new site/service immediately, if at all?

All that aside, *IF* that is their plan, they should just say so. Let the current customers know what to expect.
                        Last edited by KidJoe; 08-11-2022, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
                          You have to understand that this issue has been going on for 3 Months with "we need more time" as the only response and that doesn't sit well with paying customers. What does "more time" even mean? a week, a month, a year? Taking so long and statements as vague as this invites speculation, supposition, conspiracy theories, crazy thoughts, etc.

Look at my post history, I've been a pretty strong supporter and very satisfied, even Loyal, customer of SF since the beginning, along with the other FAB products i had purchased before that, even after the DRM remover for iOS debacle, but even my loyalty and satisfaction has been waning as this issue continues to drag on.

I hope this doesn't take much longer to fix, but if it does, any communication or details you can provide would go a long way.
                          Last edited by KidJoe; 08-11-2022, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Do you like the others have done and buy the competition and kick streamfab to the curb and use it only when absolutely necessary as in a service that the competition doesn’t have. I’m getting more than twice the download speed with the competition as well across all the services

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
                              Do you like the others have done and buy the competition and kick streamfab to the curb and use it only when absolutely necessary as in a service that the competition doesn’t have. I’m getting more than twice the download speed with the competition as well across all the services
                              Sounds simple enough but, although i have a lifetime license for the competition, i do not use it because to me, the killer feature of StreamFab is the H265 downloads and close second is choosing the bitrate. Both those things can't be done with the other one.
                              How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                              X