Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff/StreamFab/Programmer - Please fix Amazon CBR Audio

StreamFab Staff,

Please forward this to the programmer/developer to fix how StreamFab handles Audio for CBR on it's Amazon downloader product.

StreamFab gets the best available audio nearly every time for CBVR (HEVC).

This is *not* the case with StreamFab CBR audio even when better audio (bitrate/# of channels/Dolby) is available via Amazon. (see attached)

This occurs on Amazon Prime Movies, TV Shows, Addon Channels and purchased movies.

Amazon is my number one goto streaming service and it's frustrating to have to compare files in order to get the best available download, which also includes audio quality.

Thanks!

PS: This is probably even more important considering your recent email to me about your new "aggregate search engine" that you will be coming out with. The best download option is different for different people but should also consider audio quality in it's assessment.

We plan to launch:

* An aggregated search engine where you can search and compare videos from different platforms to find your best download option!

- StreamFab via email to me on July 27, 2022.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
    StreamFab Staff,

Please forward this to the programmer/developer to fix how StreamFab handles Audio for CBR on it's Amazon downloader product.

StreamFab gets the best available audio nearly every time for CBVR (HEVC).[/I]
    Some updates from today to include with yesterday's downloads.

Attached Files

Comment

I just grab the worst quality CVBR video stream then manually mux the audio from CVBR and video from CBR.

Comment

I'm pretty certain that was intentional as the fact that it would do that was stated in the initial release of the feature allowing users to choose between CVBR and CNR, The audio bitrate encoding type was paired with each.

It would be nice to be able to choose the audio bitrate encoding type as a separate choice, IMO.

I know bitrate encoding type isn't the correct term, but can't remember the correct term for fixed quality vs fixed bitrate in audio.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
          I'm pretty certain that was intentional as the fact that it would do that was stated in the initial release of the feature allowing users to choose between CVBR and CNR, The audio bitrate encoding type was paired with each.

It would be nice to be able to choose the audio bitrate encoding type as a separate choice, IMO.

I know bitrate encoding type isn't the correct term, but can't remember the correct term for fixed quality vs fixed bitrate in audio.
          Thanks for your post!

I read a few previous posts from Kid Joe (re: Fixed Respecting) and Mona (H265 is usually better quality) in regards to audio quality on Amazon.

***** ⬇️

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...azon-cbr-audio

Yes v4.0.1.3 has fixed respecting the H264/H265 setting for Amazon. The H265 (HEVC) files are smaller, but if I recall correctly that is because HEVC/H265 is more efficient at the same bit rates.

And so far Jolt and Without Remorse, which downloaded as H264 and 224 kb/s, 84 kHz, 2 Channel E-AC-3 (DD+) audio on 4.0.1.2, they now come down as HEVC(h265) video with 640 kb/s 48 kHz, 6 Channel (5.1), E-AC-3 (DD+) audio.

- KidJoe

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ged#post408173

Most streams with h265 video have better audio.
          StreamFab downloads them, not re-encode them.

- Mona

⬆️

To me this is a quality issue in audio and does not appear to be spelled out in any documentation on StreamFab's Amazon Downloader Module and their website.

It only says that a user has a choice of formats.

In the case StreamFab Amazon module if you choose CBR on Amazon the audio quality is diminished and you don't really have the choice of Audio options.

I kind of understand that it may be related to coding/re-encoding and only grabbing the standard offered configuration (fixed respecting?) for H264 from Amazon.

StreamFab currently takes a lot of time in downloading and processing a file and kicks off a "re-muxing" process near the end.

I don't know how difficult it would be for StreamFab to grab the best audio version and re-combine it in with the CBR/H264 format to produce a better file.

I do know that the alternate software does not *seem* to take much, if any time, in combining the best audio from Amazon into it's CBR File when it downloads these same files from Amazon Prime, subscribed channels or purchased videos.

I spent a lot of time (weeks) revisiting my movies and re-downloading what I think is the "best download option" for me.

Best for me: Good Resolution/Bitrate of Video and Audio with multi-channel/Dolby/Dolby+

I also spent time downloading files at least 3 different ways, putting them in a spreadsheet and comparing them for people to consider.

My main TV/Audio setup has a test emulation mode that emulates multi-channel from 2 channels, but it's *not* as good or enjoyable as having those aspects available in a download, especially in high action films and music offerings for artists.

Last edited by Mike_M; 08-09-2022, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadPixel View Post
            I just grab the worst quality CVBR video stream then manually mux the audio from CVBR and video from CBR.
            Hi all,

I know that the audio bitrate of CBR is 192 kbps/s, if we can confirm that the new video is played back well after mux from the CVBR audio and CBR video, we will consider to download CVBR audio when downloading CBR video from Amazon.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

Hi all,

I know that the audio bitrate of CBR is 192 kbps/s, if we can confirm that the new video is played back well after mux from the CVBR audio and CBR video, we will consider to download CVBR audio when downloading CBR video from Amazon.

Wilson
              Wilson Wang,

Thank You! for your consideration.

It will save a *lot* of work and go towards making StreamFab an even better and versatile product.

Really appreciate you looking into this.

It will be especially cool on the CBR files that are AAC stereo and have Dolby versions for the CVBR when there is a very notifiable difference in audio quality.

It doesn't just effect Amazon, but all of the other various channels and offerings including purchased videos.

Mike
              Last edited by Mike_M; 08-09-2022, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Hi all,

Wilson
                I've been muxing the two since CBR was enabled and I'm yet to see a situation where the audio was out of sync or didn't work properly.

Comment

Hi all,

Wilson
                  Nothing to confirm...they match and always have.

Comment

Thanks Wilson, that is great news! Hopefully it happens

Comment

Wilson Wang,

Could it also be possible to see the audio format and bit rate directly before the download?

For example, AAC 128 kbit or Dolby Digital 640 kbit.

At the moment, only the approximate file size is displayed for audio.

It would be very helpful to see the exact bit rate and audio format before the download.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
                        Wilson Wang,

Could it also be possible to see the audio format and bit rate directly before the download?

It would be very helpful to see the exact bit rate and audio format before the download.
                        This has been a question on my mind for a bit.

This would help a *lot* when updating stored files for quality due to lesser sound quality from previous CBR downloads.

The competition mentioned in StreamFab's recent email downloads the highest quality audio on CBR files and does what you are requesting - shows the audio quality before downloading.

Mike

Comment

Hi,

Here is the test version for downloading the high bitrate audio file when downloading the CBR video.

streamfab_x64_5049official_2022_08_17_11_26_57_dev _version5_5d45d47f.exe

omplete name : D:\New folder\Amazon\Kill Order_1.mp4
                          Format : MPEG-4
                          Format profile : Base Media
                          Codec ID : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
                          File size : 435 MiB
                          Duration : 1 h 17 min
                          Overall bit rate mode : Variable
                          Overall bit rate : 784 kb/s
                          Collection : Kill Order
                          Track name : Kill Order
                          Description : Chaos erupt when a group of armed men break into a high school classroom. They target David a quiet kid who secretly suffer from unexplained memories of a horrifying past. Tapping into a previously unknown strength David fights off his attacker and goes on the run. With his life and the lives of his loved ones in jeopardy David must master the use of his new superhuman strength and fighting skills
                          Recorded date : 2018
                          Writing application : Lavf58.76.100
                          Cover : Yes

Video
                          ID : 1
                          Format : AVC
                          Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
                          Format profile : Main@L2.2
                          Format settings : CABAC / 5 Ref Frames
                          Format settings, CABAC : Yes
                          Format settings, Reference frames : 5 frames
                          Codec ID : avc1
                          Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
                          Bit rate : 137 kb/s
                          Width : 512 pixels
                          Height : 288 pixels
                          Display aspect ratio : 16:9
                          Frame rate mode : Constant
                          Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
                          Color space : YUV
                          Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
                          Bit depth : 8 bits
                          Scan type : Progressive
                          Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.039
                          Stream size : 76.1 MiB (18%)
                          Color range : Limited
                          Color primaries : BT.709
                          Transfer characteristics : BT.709
                          Matrix coefficients : BT.709
                          Codec configuration box : avcC

Audio
                          ID : 3
                          Format : E-AC-3
                          Format/Info : Enhanced AC-3
                          Commercial name : Dolby Digital Plus
                          Codec ID : ec-3
                          Bit rate mode : Constant
                          Bit rate : 640 kb/s
                          Channel(s) : 6 channels
                          Channel layout : L R C LFE Ls Rs
                          Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
                          Frame rate : 31.250 FPS (1536 SPF)
                          Compression mode : Lossy
                          Stream size : 355 MiB (82%)
                          Language : English
                          Service kind : Complete Main
                          Default : Yes
                          Alternate group : 1

For the audio bitrate, I know that the other tool can show and choose the different audio bitrate before downloading the video, but in StreamFab, it always download the best one when downloading for EAC3 or AAC.

Wilson

Correct the Download Link
                          Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 08-17-2022, 08:36 AM.
                          Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson Wang, first of all, thank you for the link to the test version.

I (live in Germany) have now tested several films and series episodes in different resolutions on Amazon Prime.

Unfortunately, each time I found that the video and audio file were downloaded correctly, but as soon as "being processed" appears, the process stops.

So there still seems to be a problem.

Please take another look and fix this error.

Comment

Hi,

1. Here is the test version for downloading the high bitrate audio file when downloading the CBR video.

https://dvdfab-temp.s3-ap-northeast-...5_5d45d47f.exe

2. For the audio bitrate, I know that the other tool can show and choose the different audio bitrate before downloading the video, but in StreamFab, it always download the best one when downloading for EAC3 or AAC.

Wilson

Correct the Download Link

1. Updated to test/dev version and running a test of 32 previously downloaded movies from Amazon and various channels from the same sources.

Test of new version:

Finished, Video/Audio in Synch, GREAT CBR version!, 640 kb/s 6 Channel Dolby Digital Plus!:

Pet Sematary II
                              via STARZ Channel in Amazon
                              Sonic The Hedgehog 2 EPIX Channel in Amazon
                              Time Freak MovieSphere Channel in Amazon
                              Hit & Run Showtime Channel in Amazon

Finished, Video/Audio in Synch, Great CBR Version!, 224 kb/s 2 Channel Dolby Digital Plus! - Same as CBVR versions:

Black Mountain Side FreeVee Channel in Amazon
                              Modern Vampires Showtime Channel in Amazon

Queued up - awaiting results via Amazon Prime, Channels & Purchased

Purchased The Martian 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Purchase Spider Man - No Way Home 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Epix My Life As a Rolling Stone (Episode 1) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Paramount+ Star Trek Discovery (S4E13) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Paramount+ Evil (S3E10) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Starz Ghostbusters - Afterlife 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Showtime Dexter New Blood (S1E10) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Showtime Project Ithaca 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Showtime Wakefield Series (S1E8) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              FreeVee An American Werewolf in Paris 125 2 Channels AAC
                              Discovery+ Evil Lives Here (S12 Episodes 1-5) 128 2 Channels AAC
                              AMC+ A Discovery of Witches (S3E7) 128 2 Channels AAC
                              Discovery+ Ghosthunters (S13E9) 128 2 Channels AAC
                              Moviesphere Meatballs 128 2 Channels AAC
                              FreeVee Stevie Ray Vaughan 1954-1983 128 2 Channels AAC
                              AMC+ Needful Things 192 2 Channels AAC
                              AMC+ The Walking Dead (S11E16) 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Showtime Side Effects 448 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus

Just Amazon Prime, queued up...

The Doors - When You're Strange 125 2 Channels AAC
                              Thirteen Lives 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Flight 7500 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Intensive Care 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus
                              Kill Order 192 6 Channels Dolby Digital Plus

2. Thanks for explanation.

One *really* good reason to list the audio first prior to downloading it is to compare them to previously downloaded versions whose audio was the best at the time, but is now being offered by a different means (Streaming service or Channel).

This happens a lot with Amazon. A movie will be offered by Amazon itself or by another Channel. There are many times that the resolution may be better for the new source (you show it) and the Audio can also be different (which you don't show).

So you'd have to download the file to see if videos you previously downloaded have better audio than the version you have.

I can't upload any attachments due to 5 Kb limit (emailed Mona a screen shot) that Mona is looking into, so will post text results and then email Mona a spreadsheet with results.

Per Topic:

https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...or-forum-posts

Thanks!

Mike

US, Test Dev Version, No VPN, Win 10/64 (all current updates), Nvidia 2070 Super Graphics Card (latest drivers)
                              Last edited by Mike_M; 08-17-2022, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X