What is everyone's VPN of choice when using StreamFab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is everyone's VPN of choice when using StreamFab

I tried to search for VPN, but it would not bring any results. I have been looking at VPNs based on unlimited data, high bandwidth, and allowing multiple simultaneous logins. But I am wondering what everyone's actual real world experience has been like with StreamFab and your choice of VPN.

ProtonVPN is what I switched to about a year ago. Been with them for a year now and I get incredible unlimited speeds and most of the servers have worked flawlessly with streaming services. Using the wireguard setting in proton has enabled me to use a full gig up and full gig down on most speedtests and how busy the particular server is that I'm connected to. It's truly a great VPN.

Comment

I use a dns proxy called dns4me

Comment

Originally posted by DaveRip View Post
        I tried to search for VPN, but it would not bring any results. I have been looking at VPNs based on unlimited data, high bandwidth, and allowing multiple simultaneous logins. But I am wondering what everyone's actual real world experience has been like with StreamFab and your choice of VPN.
        see this VPN thread here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...aming-services

Comment

NordVPN is used for testing...

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thanks everyone. I had been reviewing NordVPN and ExpressVPN and then I used the link that Wilson sent and saw those were the two being compared out there as well. With Corey's recommendation, I went out and took a look at Proton VPN as well. I ended up getting NordVPN. It appears to be working for:

SUCCEEDED
            =========
            Tubi
            Crackle*
            HBO Max
            Peacock
            Amazon
            Hulu
            Roku
            CW

FAILED
            =======
            PlutoTV*

I also noticed that PlutoTV was not one of the sites checked in the link Wilson sent. So I am not sure if there is a workaround for them yet. But the rest is running a little slower, but all working well.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I had been reviewing NordVPN and ExpressVPN and then I used the link that Wilson sent and saw those were the two being compared out there as well. With Corey's recommendation, I went out and took a look at Proton VPN as well. I ended up getting NordVPN. It appears to be working for:

SUCCEEDED
              =========
              Tubi
              Crackle
              HBO Max
              Peacock
              Amazon
              Hulu
              Roku
              CW

FAILED
              =======
              PlutoTV

I also noticed that PlutoTV was not one of the sites checked in the link Wilson sent. So I am not sure if there is a workaround for them yet. But the rest is running a little slower, but all working well.

Comment

Ok, so I have tried everything I can think of and Pluto still fails through VPN. Any advice or is it just a fail for VPN? Everything else runs slower, but it all runs.

Comment

Ok, so I have tried everything I can think of and Pluto still fails through VPN. Any advice or is it just a fail for VPN? Everything else runs slower, but it all runs.
                  when you connect through a VPN, are you choosing a US IP address ??

Comment

Pluto works for me through Proton.

Comment

Anyone know how to get any to work with Netflix Korea? I tried expressvpn and with a Korean server and couldn't even log in. I contacted their support too and they tried and couldn't see the movie I was trying to see (Sinkhole). Maybe they have some restriction on email accounts needing Korean Domain.

I actually fired up a test virtual machine in Korea and even that didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mobe1969 View Post
                        Anyone know how to get any to work with Netflix Korea? I tried expressvpn and with a Korean server and couldn't even log in. I contacted their support too and they tried and couldn't see the movie I was trying to see (Sinkhole). Maybe they have some restriction on email accounts needing Korean Domain.

I actually fired up a test virtual machine in Korea and even that didn't work.
                        try with NORDVPN.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try with NORDVPN.
                          So you have personally been able to connect and watch Netflix Korea with Nord? I mean I keep hearing generalities, but I have yet to actually hear from someone who has successfully connected to Korea and watched something exclusive with their account, such a Sinkhole.
                          And considering I created a virtual machine on a Korean server farm and it couldn't log in, I don't know what else to try other than a Korean email domain and address and credit card and a new account ...

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

when you connect through a VPN, are you choosing a US IP address ??
                            Yes, I am using a US IP

Comment

Working...
                            X