How come I do not get Thumbnails from HBO and Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come I do not get Thumbnails from HBO and Netflix

How come I do not get Thumbnails from HBO and Netflix and Showtime and the rest of the providers? I know its a small thing and I am not trying to be a pain, its just a question, I am not asking for it to be fixed, I just would like to know why.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

I'd actually like to disable thumbnails. I just found that the thumbnails from disney cause the player in Plex on a CCwGTV to crash when hdmi passthrough is enabled. So now I strip them when I convert the MP4 to MKV

Also I've noticed the HBO never has any meta data

Comment

Originally posted by AGuyWithAComputer View Post
      I'd actually like to disable thumbnails. I just found that the thumbnails from disney cause the player in Plex on a CCwGTV to crash when hdmi passthrough is enabled. So now I strip them when I convert the MP4 to MKV

Also I've noticed the HBO never has any meta data
      Thank you for your feedback but I sort of like the Thumbnails { if that's what they are called} Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. I will post a screenshot. These are two different one from different programs, but its just an example, I would like to have them. I really don't care what one, but I am a bit OCD and its make my collection look better.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	Curb Thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	414668 Click image for larger version  Name:	HBO Thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	414669
      Last edited by Chameleon; 09-01-2022, 02:32 PM.

Comment

At first I liked having them... but I rarely, if ever, use the file system to navigate to, and view my movies, so I'm fine with our without them.

I use Plex on Roku, Shield Pro, FireTV, our phones, our tablets, etc. which its own art. I occasionally use Kodi on my Shield Pro, it too uses its own art. So the files having thumbnails doesn't really matter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          How come I do not get Thumbnails from HBO and Netflix and Showtime and the rest of the providers? I know its a small thing and I am not trying to be a pain, its just a question, I am not asking for it to be fixed, I just would like to know why.
          We need more specific details, please name one or two of the videos that do not give you the Thumbnails, and post the related StreamFab log file, we will check, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

Thank you for your feedback but I sort of like the Thumbnails { if that's what they are called} Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. I will post a screenshot. These are two different one from different programs, but its just an example, I would like to have them. I really don't care what one, but I am a bit OCD and its make my collection look better.
            Click image for larger version Name:	Curb Thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.3 KB ID:	414668 Click image for larger version Name:	HBO Thumbnail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.8 KB ID:	414669
            I was thinking of an option to disable them, not just get rid of them completely. Because someone will like them

Yes I usually call them thumbnails. I think the actual term in a MP4 or MKV file is cover art. But it's probably something to do with the streaming provider not providing them

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I was thinking of an option to disable them, not just get rid of them completely. Because someone will like them

Yes I usually call them thumbnails. I think the actual term in a MP4 or MKV file is cover art. But it's probably something to do with the streaming provider not providing them
                see here under version 5.0.2.4 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm does choosing MKV remove the thumbnail cover ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

see here under version 5.0.2.4 - https://www.dvdfab.cn/downloader-new.htm does choosing MKV remove the thumbnail cover ??
                  • New: Removed the thumbnail cover when downloading videos as MKV files.

Yes, thankyou I probably never read the notes. Thank you again. I would like the ability to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

I don't download as mkv. But I convert to MKV. I've always had to remux mkv files produced by the Fab products due to the way they add subtitles to them. The forced tracks arn't first and marked as forced. But that's just my OCD

I've added a option to remove them from the mkv's I create in my post process script now

Comment

I don't download as mkv. But I convert to MKV. I've always had to remux mkv files produced by the Fab products due to the way they add subtitles to them. The forced tracks arn't first and marked as forced. But that's just my OCD

I've added a option to remove them from the mkv's I create in my post process script now
                      If you download with StreamFab manually, (as in you pick everything in the dropdown then add to queue or download) you can select which tracks are set to default.

You just need to click to the left of the tick box so that the little orange triangle appears next to it:

Hope this helps...
                      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Actually that only takes care of it being default but won't mark it as forced. But you can skip the extra muxing and just run a script that will then just mark it as forced after StreamFab creates the MKV
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

The problem is, I don't need to CC forced or default, I need the English forced to be forced, and it should be first in the list of subs. Assuming it actually downloads the forced. I also do some things with striping the annoying netflix bongs at the begging and silent credits at the end when it's needed so the extra muxing isn't that big of a deal, Most of the time it's done in a few seconds anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X