Is streamfab lossless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is streamfab lossless

does streamfab re-encode the video it downloads?
    thanks!

Originally posted by adambot View Post
    thanks!
    see post #1 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-streamfab-faq

Comment

No, we do not re-encode the video. You get what you pick for download.

Comment

Originally posted by adambot View Post
        thanks!
        All streaming providers use compression so they use less data as they stream, which can help reduce buffering, accommodate for internet congestion, etc. This is lossy. But StreamFab downloads them from the Streaming services without changes. It doesn’t recompress, re-encode etc.

In other words, the movies/shows exists in the streaming service in a lossy format, but StreamFab itself is not introducing any further loss.

There was a DRM issue for a time (starting around the end of 2021), and Streamfab worked around this by re-encoding, BUT that has long since been fixed (early 2022), and that work around (re-encoding) is no longer used.

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
          All streaming providers use compression so they use less data as they stream, which can help reduce buffering, accommodate for internet congestion, etc. This is lossy. But StreamFab downloads them from the Streaming services without changes. It doesn’t recompress, re-encode etc.

In other words, the movies/shows exists in the streaming service in a lossy format, but StreamFab itself is not introducing any further loss.

There was a DRM issue for a time (starting around the end of 2021), and Streamfab worked around this by re-encoding, BUT that has long since been fixed (early 2022), and that work around (re-encoding) is no longer used.

this is the answer i was looking for -- i thought i remembered it re-encoded at one time in the past, but couldn't find if that changed...

Originally posted by october262 View Post
          apparently i was blind and missed the FAQ...

Thank you everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X