Showtime on Paramount plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Showtime on Paramount plus

Showtime on Paramount I’m not available to try it yet but has anybody tried to get showtime content through Paramount plus yet? Paramount announced yesterday that Showtime is now included in Paramount plus plans for as little as two dollars more a month and that the Showtime contact would appear in a tab next to regular Paramount content

I think I read about 10 articles about this already with the most informative being in Variety https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...ts-1235355335/. The one thing I need clarification on is whether this also holds true for getting Paramount+ through Amazon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't which means I'll need to switch back to getting Paramount+ directly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      I think I read about 10 articles about this already with the most informative being in Variety https://variety.com/2022/digital/new...ts-1235355335/. The one thing I need clarification on is whether this also holds true for getting Paramount+ through Amazon. I'm pretty sure it doesn't which means I'll need to switch back to getting Paramount+ directly.
      Hi Cats4U,

Just got off the phone with Amazon Prime Video support - they don't have any information about the discounted Paramount+/Showtime bundle thru Amazon but have gotten a lot of calls asking about it.

Called Paramount+ (888-274-5343) and they said the only way to get the bundled discount was thru the Paramount+ website and as far as they know, they will not offer it thru Amazon.

So right now I don't *think* you can get it thru Amazon.

I'm thinking that if Paramount+/Showtime ever leaves Amazon Prime, like HBO did, you'd lose the bundle discount you signed up with if you have to re-sign on Paramount if you could get the same price on Amazon Prime.

I like it as a channel because I still get that dang 011 error (described by Paramount+ as popup blockers on) in StreamFab for Paramount+ site itself, but not via Amazon Prime as a channel and I *never* got any response from Paramount+ tech support on this problem and have not been able to figure out.

I can still get all Paramount+ content via "The Other Software" without getting the 011 errors.

Do this prior to October 2, per "bundle discount" - save $4 with ads & $2 without ads

Before October 2

New subscribers will be able to sign up for Paramount+ With Showtime for $7.99 a month for the basic, ad-supported service and $12.99 for the ad-free version. Current subscribers can upgrade to the bundle within their app.

After October 2

After the introductory discount ends October 2, the bundle will cost $11.99 with ads or $14.99 without them. Subscribers interested in having only Showtime, without Paramount+, will still be able to get it for $10.99 a month as a stand-alone offering as well as through third-party distributors.

Mike

Updated: Deleted info getting Paramount+/Showtime thru Amazon after speaking with both Amazon Prime & Paramount+ about getting discount thru Amazon for bundle. Paramount said no, Amazon Prime video support has not information on doing it.
      Last edited by Mike_M; 09-01-2022, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Someone else just pointed out that the "Manage Account" page on Paramount+ for a user subscribed via an Amazon channel now has a "Heads Up" at the bottom (see attached) that says the bundle is not available thru Amazon.

Didn't see the "Heads Up" yesterday on that page when I went to it.

It may have been added recently due to all the calls they're getting from Amazon channel Paramount/Showtime subscribers wanting the "bundle".
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 09-01-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I figured it was going to be that way. I already canceled my subscription through Amazon because my renewal is set to come up in just a few days. I placed a reminder in my calendar to sign up with Paramount+ direct the day after my Amazon one runs out. I'm going from $9.99 to $7.99 and getting Showtime to boot. I don't remember getting 011 errors the first time I was with Paramount+ directly so I hope I don't get them now.

Comment

I'm torn. I subscribe to both Paramount+ and Showtime with Starz via Amazon Prime channels. While I watch Paramount+ shows using the Paramount+ app on my streaming boxes, downloading with StreamFab from Amazon channel results in files with better audio and video quality.

But the Paramount+ and Showtime bundle (from Paramount directly) will be cheaper.

EDIT: actually I subscribe to Showtime+Starz for $14.99 and Paramount+ for $5.99. so I have to see what Starz on its own might cost through Amazon to see if its really worth it to split Paramount+ and Showtime off... If the price difference isn't much more than a few dollars a month, then keeping them on Amazon, which gives better downloads, would be worth it. hmm...
            Last edited by KidJoe; 09-02-2022, 04:32 AM.

Comment

$7.99 for both of them, but I have no idea whether they will work with Stream Fab.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
                I'm torn. I subscribe to both Paramount+ and Showtime with Starz via Amazon Prime channels. While I watch Paramount+ shows using the Paramount+ app on my streaming boxes, downloading with StreamFab from Amazon channel results in files with better audio and video quality.

But the Paramount+ and Showtime bundle (from Paramount directly) will be cheaper.

EDIT: actually I subscribe to Showtime+Starz for $14.99 and Paramount+ for $5.99. so I have to see what Starz on its own might cost through Amazon to see if its really worth it to split Paramount+ and Showtime off... If the price difference isn't much more than a few dollars a month, then keeping them on Amazon, which gives better downloads, would be worth it. hmm...
                That's a tough one.....if you give up Paramount $5.99....you can't get it back. But, if this is all leading to Paramount leaving Amazon....you'd lose it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                  $7.99 for both of them, but I have no idea whether they will work with Stream Fab.
                  Showtime content is just moved in as part of Paramount+. Shouldn't affect it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Showtime content is just moved in as part of Paramount+. Shouldn't affect it at all.
                    I was able to verify this as I was also on the fence wondering about Showtime. I have Paramount + through Amazon for $9.99 but do not have Showtime since it is part of my cable provider package bundle. In order for me to use StreamFab for Showtime I would have had to pay for it again separately which I was not going to do, since it only has a limited amount of content every now and then to watch.

For movies the MPD module works with Showtime Anytime but you only get 720p and it is a pain to use for a series as it will only download one episode at a time for a season, if you're lucky. My Paramount+ expires next week with Amazon (bonus), so it was a no brainer to let it run out and get the $7.99 bundle with Showtime. Downloaded a Series I was trying to get and couldn't with 'Anytime' today, it had 5 Seasons (50 episodes) and they all downloaded at 1080p. So, if anybody is in question or have a similar situation with Showtime, it's not a bad deal since it is embedded into Paramount+ now to use/watch.

Comment

I have had the Paramount+ and Showtime package for a year. I can now download ll the showtime content thought Paramount +. The only thing is that the showtime movies have the 5 second SHOWTIME in the beginning. It downloads great. With 1920x1080

Comment

Originally posted by bourquein View Post
                        I have had the Paramount+ and Showtime package for a year. I can now download ll the showtime content thought Paramount +. The only thing is that the showtime movies have the 5 second SHOWTIME in the beginning. It downloads great. With 1920x1080
                        Yup...I've noticed the quality through Amazon has dropped, so when I expired on Prime on the 11th...switching was just the obvious thing to do....and of course as you stated...1080p on Showtime.

Comment

SkyShowtime is now up and running in the Scandinavian countries with their own app.
                          Paramount+ has been announced to shut completely down on October 20th.

Comment

As Paramount+ will be replaced by SkyShowtime in the Nordic countries, will the StreamFab subscription for Paramount+ be replaced as well so we can download from SkyShowtime?

Comment

Would appreciate a response to the question if SkyShowtime will be supported... Paramount+ is not longer working in the Nordic countries, and probably several others as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X