Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some movies not downloading from Amazon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some movies not downloading from Amazon.

Hello

I have been downloading the James Bond movies from Amazon over the past 2 weeks. Up until now they have been working fine. But yesterday when I tried to download the next couple of movies they error out. I have had a look at the log files (attached) and they give the error

Code:
    Info: PlayBackUrl Return fail Data =  { "error": "wrong_region", "customer_home_region": "FE"
    It does work from some movies but it only appears that the James Bond movies are not working. As far as I know the only difference is that I updated to version 5.0.5.2 yesterday - just before I attempt to download yesterday. I have had a look and I can watch the movies through a normal web browser from the computer. I have even went back to try and download a title that did work and it gave the same error.

I have also tried using a VPN (NordVPN) set to both Australia (where I live) and the US and it still did not work. I do not normally use a VPN to download through Streamfab.

I cleared the log folder and reproduced the error for the movie The World is Not Enough. I also downloaded another movie The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard which did download correctly so it is only for some movies.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Screaming Eagle View Post
    Hello

I have been downloading the James Bond movies from Amazon over the past 2 weeks. Up until now they have been working fine. But yesterday when I tried to download the next couple of movies they error out. I have had a look at the log files (attached) and they give the error

Code:
    Info: PlayBackUrl Return fail Data = { "error": "wrong_region", "customer_home_region": "FE"
    It does work from some movies but it only appears that the James Bond movies are not working. As far as I know the only difference is that I updated to version 5.0.5.2 yesterday - just before I attempt to download yesterday. I have had a look and I can watch the movies through a normal web browser from the computer. I have even went back to try and download a title that did work and it gave the same error.

I have also tried using a VPN (NordVPN) set to both Australia (where I live) and the US and it still did not work. I do not normally use a VPN to download through Streamfab.

I cleared the log folder and reproduced the error for the movie The World is Not Enough. I also downloaded another movie The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard which did download correctly so it is only for some movies.
    have you tried clearing your cookies & site data for Amazon ??

Comment

have you tried clearing your cookies & site data for Amazon ??
      Thank you for the suggestion. I had not tried it at the time of the post, however I have since but it did not fix the problem.

Comment

Are you trying to get the videos from www.amazon.com.au or somewhere else? Are you subscribed to Amazon Prime or are you renting the videos?

And, of course, the ubiquitous question - when you updated to 5.0.5.2 did you use the pop-up updater or did you download directly from the DVDFab/StreamFab website?

Comment

Are you trying to get the videos from www.amazon.com.au or somewhere else
          I use the Amazon link from the home screen which takes me to www.primevideo.com. Even navigating to the Amazon Prime Video website through a web browser takes me to primevideo.com.

Are you subscribed to Amazon Prime or are you renting the videos?
          Yes I am currently subscribed to Amazon Prime and no I am not renting the videos.

And, of course, the ubiquitous question - when you updated to 5.0.5.2 did you use the pop-up updater or did you download directly from the DVDFab/StreamFab website?
          I used the pop-up updater. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled from the DVDFab/StreamFab website.

Comment

I completely forgot that Amazon connects outside the US to www.primevideo.com. I did a VPN to Sydney and then a Traceroot to www.primevideo.com and it appears to go to a server in Japan. I would guess that that would not take you out of your region if you went directly from Australia. VPN to the US probably would. But I'm on the very edge of my knowledge for that sort of thing so I wouldn't take me too seriously on the subject. Hopefully they'll be able to find something in the log.

But, please, don't use the pop-up updater in the future. The general consensus is that it is not updating completely and thus is causing problems.

Comment

If I may ask, which James Bond titles are you having issues with? I'm wondering if for some reason they are geo-fenced or possibly have been taken offline?
              You say you live in Australia but is your Prime account set Australia as well ie. an Australian home address?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, but you don't have StreamFab set up to use a proxy under Settings > Network do you?
              Last edited by jsinfate; 09-21-2022, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X