StreamFab v5.0.5.3: Paramount Plus Module Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mona View Post
    For the "incomplete downloads" problem, I will have the QA team check.

That is appreciated. Before 5053 I had greater than 95% success rate. Now, every download is incomplete.

Comment

I always delete the log and temp folders first. It did not help.

Comment

Hi Mona,

I see we got 5054 released but no mention of this issue. Have they been able to confirm that this problem and fix on the next version?

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

Hi Mona,

I see we got 5054 released but no mention of this issue. Have they been able to confirm that this problem and fix on the next version?
          No it didn't fix it. Paramount is still broke.

Comment

I hope this is on the list and being worked on.

1. Someone monitoring StreamFab servers/access during your "weekend" so we're not down for 17 hours.
            2. HBO 1080
            3. Apple+ 480
            4. Peacock+ keeps logging off if not displayed as the active window and being utilized (has to be 1st in queue and processing)
            5. Paramount+ processes resulting in partial files or files with just the logo as a movie?! (This topic)

Anything else?

Mike

Comment

Mike,
              I agree with all except #5. I'm not seeing the partial videos problem since the server problem ended. Granted, I only did 3-4 TV downloads and no movies. But even at that I was surprised because nothing was written about it in the Changelog. When 5.0.5.4 came out I had just enough time to do one TV download with it before the server went down. MediaInfo and viewing showed that it was missing the last section of the show after where the last commercial had been. Truth is that I was so mad that it hadn't been listed in the Changelog and wasn't fixed in that one TV download that I wrote up a "Nastygram" and was going to send it. With everyone confused and writing even nastier Nastygrams I decided to hold off sending it. I'm glad I did because as I said, since the server has been fixed so has the Paramount+ problem for me. I have some more shows I want to do so I'll be testing quite a bit more over the weekend.

I've got a few things rolling around in my head that I might want to propose to StreamFab (or not). Things like a Priority Committee and a Beta Test Team. The users need to take the decision making out of the Developer's hands. There is no way that speed improvements and title language should have been worked on before some of the other major problems we're faced with. And far too often the fix makes more problems than the original problem. Someone needs to fully check the Developer's work before it is released to the general user base.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                Mike,
                I agree with all except #5. I'm not seeing the partial videos problem since the server problem ended. Granted, I only did 3-4 TV downloads and no movies. But even at that I was surprised because nothing was written about it in the Changelog. When 5.0.5.4 came out I had just enough time to do one TV download with it before the server went down. MediaInfo and viewing showed that it was missing the last section of the show after where the last commercial had been. Truth is that I was so mad that it hadn't been listed in the Changelog and wasn't fixed in that one TV download that I wrote up a "Nastygram" and was going to send it. With everyone confused and writing even nastier Nastygrams I decided to hold off sending it. I'm glad I did because as I said, since the server has been fixed so has the Paramount+ problem for me. I have some more shows I want to do so I'll be testing quite a bit more over the weekend.

I've got a few things rolling around in my head that I might want to propose to StreamFab (or not). Things like a Priority Committee and a Beta Test Team. The users need to take the decision making out of the Developer's hands. There is no way that speed improvements and title language should have been worked on before some of the other major problems we're faced with. And far too often the fix makes more problems than the original problem. Someone needs to fully check the Developer's work before it is released to the general user base.
                Hi Cats4U,

I tried American Gigolo from Paramount+ after the servers came up and it still only produced a file that plays the Showtime Logo.

I ended up getting it from Alternative Software.

I just tried it again with StreamFab 5.0.5.4 and it did the same.

This was from an offline install of 5.0.5.4, installed as administrator.

I also deleted all the temp & cache files before running it just now.

It successfully got all the segments, created a "temp" file of the right size, but the resulting file is *only* a video of the ShowTime logo that's 1,480kb.

Will attach log files again here (Log file from running right now - see attached) and also screenshots as a reply to this.

Mike
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mike_M; 09-23-2022, 11:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Hi Cats4U,

I just tried it again with StreamFab 5.0.5.4 and it did the same.

It successfully got all the segments, created a "temp" file of the right size, but the resulting file is *only* a video of the ShowTime logo that's 1,480kb.

Will attach screenshots as a reply to this.

Mike

Here's the screenshots (see attached) from just now trying American Gigolo from Paramount Plus, Episode 3 using StreamFab 5.0.5.4.

Ran from an offline install as administrator of StreamFab 5.0.5.4 and deleted temp & cache files before trying it again now.

Mike
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mike_M; 09-23-2022, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Mike,
                    You are correct, Sir! American Gigolo is an American mess. I did one TV show and it came out ok and then I did another one and it was cut off. Did another movie, also cut off. Double checked the 3 TV shows from earlier and I was right, they were alright. So weird! Then I started to get fancy and played around with American Gigolo. First I replaced the mkvmerge.exe with a newer version. Didn't help, put back the original. Then replaced ffmpeg.exe with a newer one. It actually seemed to speed up the processing but still the file was cut off and bad. Put back the original. Oh,well, I tried.

Ok, Developer, this is a priority. The Fall TV Season has just started. Get it fixed.

Comment

Mike,
                      I just realized that I goofed but it didn't change anything. I was downloading American Gigolo the movie and you were talking about American Gigolo the new Showtime show. I just downloaded Episode 3, as you stated, and found the same problem as the movie, 6 sec. audio. I wonder if it being coded as HDR has anything to do with it? I ask because I never saw those light/color-related entries in MediaInfo before and those are the ones with the 6 sec. audio. Shows with cut short videos are the regular coding. I think that's called SDR now. I'm stumbling around at the edge of my knowledge range so don't quote me.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gila Monster.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	415495 Click image for larger version

Name:	Haunted.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	415496 I'm having the same issues with Paramount movie downloads, all lasting 6 seconds or less. I attached a screenshot of a screen that I have never seen before. When I hit the download button, nothing happens so I opened a ticket with DVDFab. I am also having problems recently with Paramount. They just added a skip button to several TV series I watch so that we can bypass opening credits and since then I have had an issue with when I am finished watching an episode and log off, when I log back on, instead of going to the next episode it takes me to the middle of the episode I just watched. It's probably a coincidence, but the movie download problem started at the same time.

Comment

I'm having the same issues with Paramount movie downloads, all lasting 6 seconds or less. I attached a screenshot of a screen that I have never seen before. When I hit the download button, nothing happens so I opened a ticket with DVDFab. I am also having problems recently with Paramount. They just added a skip button to several TV series I watch so that we can bypass opening credits and since then I have had an issue with when I am finished watching an episode and log off, when I log back on, instead of going to the next episode it takes me to the middle of the episode I just watched. It's probably a coincidence, but the movie download problem started at the same time Click image for larger version

Views:	346
ID:	415499 Click image for larger version

Views:	279
ID:	415500

Comment

I'm having the same issues with Paramount movie downloads, all lasting 6 seconds or less. I attached a screenshot of a screen that I have never seen before. When I hit the download button, nothing happens so I opened a ticket with DVDFab. Click image for larger version

Views:	361
ID:	415502 Click image for larger version

Views:	292
ID:	415503

Comment

i am having the same problems with paramount+

Comment

has anyone paid attention to the 'Downloading' screen. it seems when the 'Processing' stage hits it's not actually processing (progress bar) and when the 'Remuxing' phase hits it doesn't look like it's remuxing (progress bar).

Comment

Working...
                                X