Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREEZE AND/OR CRASH ON *EVERY* STREAMING SERVICE - ON SEV'L VERSIONS ON DIFFERENT PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FREEZE AND/OR CRASH ON *EVERY* STREAMING SERVICE - ON SEV'L VERSIONS ON DIFFERENT PCs

As of about 30 minutes ago, Amazon Prime froze on me when trying to analyze a video to add to my download queue, then crashed. Now nothing in ANY queue on ANY service - AP, Netflix, Hulu, HBOMax, Stan - will download. I either get freezing of the download arrow, or else it slooowly progresses to endless analyzing, then crashing. The competition isn't having any trouble downloading content, so it's not across the board DRM issues (which would have to be almost every major streaming service, all at once) - so WHY DOESN'T THIS SOFTWARE WORK NOW? WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET DVDFAB TO MAINTAIN ITS PRODUCT FOR THE EXISTING SERVICES IT'S SUPPOSED TO SUPPORT RATHER THAN TRYING TO CONSTANTLY ADD NEW ONES??

*LOG ATTACHED*
    Attached Files
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 09-22-2022, 11:26 AM.

Peacock just says to make sure you can view the video - which I can, so that for sure is broken. Have not tried others yet.

Comment

Its been like this all day and not one word from staff, very odd indeed.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Yes, same here in Australia. Netflix, Prime. Error logs saying couldn't connect to server. Maybe the dvdfab server? It doesn't log the URL.

Comment

Its strange that nothing has been posted by a Mod on this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            Its strange that nothing has been posted by a Mod on this situation.
            They usually post/reply in regular working hours in THEIR timezone so i don't expect anything for another 10-12 hours
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Usually, international programs have 24 hours Moderation, but I guess this is their rule.

Comment

LOL, any bets on how badly sales and refunds are gonna be off this month? Let's just say that anyone who downloaded this software before 11 AM GMT today is NOT gonna be too impressed with this product.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
                  LOL, any bets on how badly sales and refunds are gonna be off this month? Let's just say that anyone who downloaded this software before 11 AM GMT today is NOT gonna be too impressed with this product.
                  And life is not always 100% perfect.

Comment

Maybe a DDoS attack, just kidding.

Comment

Their API for ChromeCDM is down as well, probably why no services work.

Comment

Here's a good one for y'all... I had streamfab opened up on one of my computers and forgot to start it overnight. I came back today and it had crashed with the error reporting screen showing. It was IDLE!!!! Freaking weird.

Just a heads up... I just downgraded to 5.0.5.0 and it started downloading from discovery. I'm going to downgrade all of my computers and do tests on multiple sites and I'll report back.

EDIT: False positive. 5.0.5.0 is doing the same thing as 5.0.5.4 and the rest in between. It just happened to be a coincidence that discovery started working. That seems to be the only service for me that works so far after trying all the rest.
                        Last edited by corey75; 09-22-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

My thought is that there are legal issues and the software is dead. I've never seen this kind of lack of response before. It was good while it lasted. Will we ever get our money back? Don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
                            Here's a good one for y'all... I had streamfab opened up on one of my computers and forgot to start it overnight. I came back today and it had crashed with the error reporting screen showing. It was IDLE!!!! Freaking weird.

Just a heads up... I just downgraded to 5.0.5.0 and it started downloading from discovery. I'm going to downgrade all of my computers and do tests on multiple sites and I'll report back.
                            Thanks for the suggest I'll try downgrading, unfortunately the ability to downgrade is a paid add-on and I don't think a lot of people added it.

I've also been getting random auth errors on these forums

Comment

Nope, I can now add to my queue, but it won't actually download using 5.0.5.0.

My assumption is there's a phone home feature in the software and their server is not working properly for whatever reason, based on it affecting all versions, all sites, and only this brand. there are other servers in their purview that appear to be failing randomly. Yes it's an assumption but the only situation that really makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X