Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FREEZE AND/OR CRASH ON *EVERY* STREAMING SERVICE - ON SEV'L VERSIONS ON DIFFERENT PCs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprisingly, I'm able to get discovery and tubi to work. Everything else is failing.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
      Nope, I can now add to my queue, but it won't actually download using 5.0.5.0.

My assumption is there's a phone home feature in the software and their server is not working properly for whatever reason, based on it affecting all versions, all sites, and only this brand. there are other servers in their purview that appear to be failing randomly. Yes it's an assumption but the only situation that really makes sense.

You would be correct that it phones home, it gets the decryption keys for the content from their server, which seems to not be working. Without the decryption keys, most things won't work since streamfab doesn't have the keys locally, aside from a few services where it still can (IE discovery, tubi, crunchyroll, and funimation)

Comment

A major competitor's store is also broken, so it's possible they're being attacked and the competitor that is still working just has a less invasive licensing system

Comment

Yep same here just says analysing then crashes

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
            Here's a good one for y'all... I had streamfab opened up on one of my computers and forgot to start it overnight. I came back today and it had crashed with the error reporting screen showing. It was IDLE!!!! Freaking weird.

Just a heads up... I just downgraded to 5.0.5.0 and it started downloading from discovery. I'm going to downgrade all of my computers and do tests on multiple sites and I'll report back.

EDIT: False positive. 5.0.5.0 is doing the same thing as 5.0.5.4 and the rest in between. It just happened to be a coincidence that discovery started working. That seems to be the only service for me that works so far after trying all the rest.
            Discovery is NOT DRM protected.

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
              A major competitor's store is also broken, so it's possible they're being attacked and the competitor that is still working just has a less invasive licensing system
              Major Competitor only suffering HBO downgrade at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Major Competitor only suffering HBO downgrade at the moment.
                Exactly. I can DL from Prime in three countries using them, as well as HBOMax (albeit in 720p, which they're aware of and working on.)

Comment

Sorry for the trouble. The server issue has been fixed, please kindly try again.

Comment

Originally posted by corey75 View Post
                    Surprisingly, I'm able to get discovery and tubi to work. Everything else is failing.
                    Not surprising at all since those 2 don't have DRM so no need to phone home to get the keys
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Working...
                    X