Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Streamfab is Totally Broken (StreamFab Server Problem, fixing...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab is Totally Broken (StreamFab Server Problem, fixing...)

Cant get any site at the moment is thier an outage on the servier side nothing works
    Attached Files

I also can't download from any site, just started before 7:00 EDT, so just before 11:00 GMT. Software usually crashes when I try to cancel endless analysis (if it gets that far). I've tried domestic US streaming services (no VPN required) and everything I subscribe to using a VPN - no luck with ANY of them, and that's using two laptops with different versions of the software.

As the competition can download without any problems, I'm skeptical that this is a massive DRM change that affects every single service I subscribe to, around the globe - simultaneously.

Comment

Disney+, Prime and Netlfix dont work at the moment for me.
      Attached Files

Comment

it must be a server issue at thier end as no site at all works now

Comment

And naturally it occured right after the online support window closed.
          Last edited by artsunlimited; 09-22-2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I had some good shows lined up on Peacock tonight too Days of our Lives and Vampire Academy

Comment

All sites are dead for me as well.

Comment

Hey guys,

It's not just 5.0.5.3. - 5.0.5.4 also can't download from any site right now for me - no problems with competitor software.

I've spent two hours testing/uninstalling/reinstalling/deleting temp/cache files between 5.0.5.4 and 5.0.5.3.

Initial problem, I *thought* was with Peacock+ (see attached logs).

1. Uninstalled StreamFab 5.0.5.3 using Windows uninstall and also removed configuration when I saw there was a new version this morning.
                2. Deleted Temp/Cache/log files for 5.0.5.3 (since StreamFab uninstall doesn't )
                3. Installed StreamFab 5.0.5.4 as administrator from offline version, analyzed Vampire Academy for 8 minutes then got error that the StreamFab browser was not compatible with Peacock+ (See attached logs)
                4. Uninstalled StreamFab 5.0.5.4 using Windows uninstall and also removed configuration.
                5. Deleted Temp/Cache/log files for 5.0.5.4 (since StreamFab uninstall doesn't )
                6. Re-installed 5.0.5.3 as administrator from offline software.
                7. Same issue with Peacock+, Vampire Academy
                8. Saw this new thread/post
                9. Uninstalled 5.0.5.3
                10. Deleted Temp/Cache/log files for 5.0.5.3 (since StreamFab uninstall doesn't)
                11. Installed StreamFab 5.0.5.4 as administrator from offline version, analyzed Vampire Academy for 8 minutes then got error that the StreamFab browser was not compatible with Peacock+
                12. Tried Amazon Prime, it also can not download, just analyzes, then StreamFab locks up.
                13. Tried Disney+, last episode of She-Hulk, analyzes, then StreamFab locks up.
                14. Can do #12 & #13 with competitor's software.
                15. Did #12 & #13 last night with StreamFab

*Frustrated*

Mike

Win 64/bit
                Currently on StreamFab 5.0.5.4 installed as Administrator with Offline Version
                No VPN

Attached Files

Comment

Yes it's a server issue can't believe no staff are on here looking at this at the moment

Comment

Why should we be reliant on their servers to use the software? Their servers should only be accessed one time, to activate the software.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                      Hey guys,

It's not just 5.0.5.3. - 5.0.5.4 also can't download from any site right now for me - no problems with competitor software.

I've spent two hours testing/uninstalling/reinstalling/deleting temp/cache files between 5.0.5.4 and 5.0.5.3.
                      I blame you! They probably tried to fix this DVDFab/StreamFab install folder by doing something to the domains and now the software cannot reach the servers!

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

I blame you! They probably tried to fix this DVDFab/StreamFab install folder by doing something to the domains and now the software cannot reach the servers!

Jpp72,

Mike - despite all the rage, I'm still just a rat (Beta-Tester?) in a cage
                        Last edited by Mike_M; 09-22-2022, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I did the whole uninstall/reinstall thing this morning. I echo the sentiment that it appears we've been left hanging. This obviously was not tested beyond a simulation experiment before being released upon us. If the authentication server is cocked up, no one there should be sleeping until it is bloody well fixed. I cannot begin to express my disappointment with this situation.

Comment

I also am unable to download anything. If this is infact caused by a communication issue with DVDFab servers I'm very upset. Neither DVDFab nor StreamFab's functionality should rely on 100% uptime from them. I have plenty of space on my computer to store the entirety of the decryption resources needed for both pieces of software to function without a handshake from DVDFab. I wouldn't have invested a penny into this software if I'd known they were going to design it that way, especially DVD/Blu-Ray/UHD ripper.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I ran into the same issue trying to download from Hulu.

I knew there was a call home when the app started, had to white list the call to russia and china to use the app. But to even download, ugh. That shouldn't be a thing really.

Comment

Working...
                              X