Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I *think* the servers are back up :-)

Hey guys,

Just downloaded last episode of Vampire Academy from Peacock, downloading from Roku site now.

No "server down message" at top of this forum now either, it's now been replaced with a "server's up" message.

Mike
    Last edited by Mike_M; 09-23-2022, 04:21 AM.

Does the file size seem consistent with your previous downloads? I'm seeing major changes in audio and possibly file size selection from Prime UK, in videos that were supposed to have EAC3 audio when they were added to my queue - but are now downloading in different format (audio download is no longer a separate file), with AAC audio now selected.

Comment

Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post
      Does the file size seem consistent with your previous downloads? I'm seeing major changes in audio and possibly file size selection from Prime UK, in videos that were supposed to have EAC3 audio when they were added to my queue - but are now downloading in different format (audio download is no longer a separate file), with AAC audio now selected.
      Well...I can tell you that audio is always a separate file.It's part of how the DRM works. And ...you are getting the lowest level of 1080p on a browser....so not sure...looking at Ring of Power...I am seeing similar size video and audio of the previous episodes for Amazon US. It is defaulting to CVBR where as I believe it stayed where you used it before...not positive though.

What were you trying to download?

If is running noticeably slower, by I'm getting E-AC3 audio
      Last edited by jimc115; 09-23-2022, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Well...I can tell you that audio is always a separate file.It's part of how the DRM works. And ...you are getting the lowest level of 1080p on a browser....so not sure...looking at Ring of Power...I am seeing similar size video and audio of the previous episodes for Amazon US. It is defaulting to CVBR where as I believe it stayed where you used it before...not positive though.

What were you trying to download?

If is running noticeably slower, by I'm getting E-AC3 audio
        Agreed - I expressed that badly; I was trying to say that prior to this you'd actually see that audio file downloading after the video file, and you could also see its size. Now, you don't. Unless VLC's media info is wrong, it appears the audio codec of files shown as AAC *is* actually E-AC3, which is a relief - so why the misinformation, dammit?

Comment

Agreed - I expressed that badly; I was trying to say that prior to this you'd actually see that audio file downloading after the video file, and you could also see its size. Now, you don't. Unless VLC's media info is wrong, it appears the audio codec of files shown as AAC *is* actually E-AC3, which is a relief - so why the misinformation, dammit?
          Don't know...but I experienced the same...showed 1080p all through downloading and never showed an audio...I thought there wasn't going to be any....but it was there.

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

Don't know...but I experienced the same...showed 1080p all through downloading and never showed an audio...I thought there wasn't going to be any....but it was there.
            It's only the recent upgrade (5.0.5.4) that does this, and big damn untested glitches like this are exactly why I don't upgrade immediately unless I have to - I only did it this time because I didn't immediately realize it was a server issue and hoped it might fix the software crashing.

Anyhoo, I reinstalled 5.0.4.3. and now I can see both the size of the video file, as well as the audio track when it downloads, like always. Thanks again to Bluerayfan for reporting that fix yesterday!

Comment

It's only the recent upgrade (5.0.5.4) that does this, and big damn untested glitches like this are exactly why I don't upgrade immediately unless I have to - I only did it this time because I didn't immediately realize it was a server issue and hoped it might fix the software crashing.
              A very sound practice.....

And along that same thought process..... if Windows users don't already..... you may want to consider manually creating a "System Restore Point" prior to any version upgrade.....

It is always better to be safe than sorry should you find yourself wanting to restore your operating system back prior to it's upgraded state.

Comment

No matter what version of streamfab I try I can only download 50% of anything from peacock but the funny thing is my download speed goes through the roof but yet the show isn't downloading anymore. When is this gonna get fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
                  No matter what version of streamfab I try I can only download 50% of anything from peacock but the funny thing is my download speed goes through the roof but yet the show isn't downloading anymore. When is this gonna get fixed?
                  The developer is checking the Peacock problem. Please kindly wait, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                  X