No announcement yet.

Amazon prime uk no longer downloading eac3 audio, or showing file size in gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon prime uk no longer downloading eac3 audio, or showing file size in gb

Right before the server crash, I was downloading from Prime UK with the same format as Prime US - EAC3 audio downloading as a separate file on EVERY selection, with the video file size visible in GB. Now all that's changed - audio is no longer EAC3 - which was selected when it was added to my download queue - but AAC, and not in a separate downloaded file. The download is in "segments" - which I'd expect to see with Peacock or Stan as that's their format, but NOT Prime.

FYI, this selection was in my queue BEFORE the server crash.

Normally I'd take this to Online Help, but oops - there's no one there.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 09-23-2022, 04:38 AM.

yep, I'm seeing this as well, something is still broken

Comment

Prime US doesn't seem to be affected. haven't tried Prime Canada yet. I just started a UK Prime 30-day trial only a few hours before the servers %$#! the bed - talk about timing, huh?

Having Online Help pull the "oops, no one's here" card means they can hide for the weekend, as it's Friday for them. Making a career of avoiding your client base when they need assistance is NOT a great business strategy, just sayin'. The competition does NOT pull this sort of thing.
      Last edited by artsunlimited; 09-23-2022, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Hi artsunlimited. I'm on Prime US, and I'm also having the issue on Prime with fragments, and AAC instead of EAC3.

Comment

The developer will check the EAC3 audio problem.

Comment

I think it might just be a GUI issue, check the downloaded files with media info and they look the same as before

Comment

Originally posted by tomsamuels View Post
              Hi artsunlimited. I'm on Prime US, and I'm also having the issue on Prime with fragments, and AAC instead of EAC3.
              Hi Tom - I haven't encountered it yet on US Prime - everything in my queue shows both EAC3 and file size when downloading, even videos I just added tonight. FWIW, I'm still using 5.0.5.1. to access US Prime, but I updated to 5.0.5.4 on the laptop that's accessing Prime UK - and I did it right after the servers quit.

Comment

The files do download EAC just the GUI is displaying inaccurate info in 5054. I reverted to 5053 redownloaded the file. Compared all aspects they were exactly the same. Just what the gui showed was wrong.
                Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

I'm seeing that now once I fully download a file. The audio actually is EAC3.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                    The files do download EAC just the GUI is displaying inaccurate info in 5054. I reverted to 5053 redownloaded the file. Compared all aspects they were exactly the same. Just what the gui showed was wrong.
                    Thanks for checking that out, that info is much appreciated - I think you and DeadPixel are correct, and that it's a GUI issue.

Comment

Working...
                    X