Paramount+ downloading small files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount+ downloading small files

I was trying to download a video from Paramount+ and it gave me 6 seconds worth of nothing, would anyone like to explain why? StreamFab.log

I have exactly the same problem. Quick enough to take our money and provide shoddy software !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluey11 View Post
      I was trying to download a video from Paramount+ and it gave me 6 seconds worth of nothing, would anyone like to explain why? [ATTACH]n415460[/ATTACH]
      We could duplicate the problem. The developer is working on the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveMovieBuff View Post
        I have exactly the same problem. Quick enough to take our money and provide shoddy software !!!
        I understand the frustration. I feel it as well. That being said with the exception of the server outage recently the developers have been pretty responsive. In my experience with these types of software there is no such thing as 100% uptime. There are just too many changes/updates to the various OTT providers out there to expect that. How many times have we seen a fix implemented that is almost immediately followed by another change/update at one of these OTT providers? It is not something the developers can predict, they have to react and that reaction takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by kanipek View Post

I understand the frustration. I feel it as well. That being said with the exception of the server outage recently the developers have been pretty responsive. In my experience with these types of software there is no such thing as 100% uptime. There are just too many changes/updates to the various OTT providers out there to expect that. How many times have we seen a fix implemented that is almost immediately followed by another change/update at one of these OTT providers? It is not something the developers can predict, they have to react and that reaction takes time.
          For some ones first post a this forum, yours is extremely well said and intuitive.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Yes well said. When I read that negative post from moviebuff, it read like it was from that banned user twhiting

Comment

For me, two 30 minute shows only completed to 13 and 23 minutes. Two 45 minute show only completed to 36 and 12 minutes. This is after download and processing. It appears somethings up with Paramount downloader

Comment

If it was just the half a day server outage I would tend to agree, but HBO's been broken for so long I've forgotten how many months it's not worked. I /think/ we're around 4 or 5 months, Competitors had it working again in a couple of days. That's simply unacceptable. If there was any reassurance that it will actually be fixed soon, or even ever, my tone my be a little more supportive..

Comment

Originally posted by potenial_user View Post
                  ......HBO's been broken .....
                  I haven't seen this issue. Is this geographically related?

Comment

Originally posted by kanipek View Post

I haven't seen this issue. Is this geographically related?
                    In the US HBO only downloads at 7:20 P since April even on older titles. It was originally only on the newly added titles but now even older titles are 720 P downloads

Comment

version 5.0.5.6 has addressed the problem of downloading small files, they are now downloading correctly but they freeze during the first 10 seconds or so, if you manually advance your player a few seconds the remaing file plays correctly. Wait for version 5.0.5.7 I guess and hope all is well

Comment

version 5.0.5.6 has addressed the problem of downloading small files, they are now downloading correctly but they freeze during the first 10 seconds or so, if you manually advance your player a few seconds the remaing file plays correctly. Wait for version 5.0.5.7 I guess and hope all is well

Comment

Working...
                        X