how does streamfab choose streams to DL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does streamfab choose streams to DL

been using streamfab for several months now and over working well, i've also used a major competitor's version for a while in the past but will stick with streamfab in the long term ...

question i had: with respect to streams available from providers like HBO, i found that regardless of which res/quality/size i choose, i don't always get that when it downloads.

for example, if i select 1440 from the dropdown of what's available ... i will not get it for some episodes of a show. i would sometimes get 1080 or 720. realize that is probably due to what's available for download .... but thought maybe I should change the region for HBO and see if that helps ? just trying to figure out whether that's a general HBO thing, in terms of how they prep their streaming content ... or a limitation to streamfab/drm.

also not sure if prime has higher res versions to download for new shows, especially the #1 show at the moment. i would assume so, but i am only being shown the 1080 versions.

otherwise, i like how streamfab can get content as HEVC in an MP4 container with multiple audio and subtitle tracks ... that's nice to have

btw, i run it in a vmware win11 vm, in case that makes any difference to options available to me.

any thoughts ?

Comment

for example, if i select 1440 from the dropdown of what's available ... i will not get it for some episodes of a show. i would sometimes get 1080 or 720. realize that is probably due to what's available for download .... but thought maybe I should change the region for HBO and see if that helps ? just trying to figure out whether that's a general HBO thing, in terms of how they prep their streaming content ... or a limitation to streamfab/drm.
      The HBO Max 1080p is partially restored, it will download the best one available at the time of downloading, so sometimes get 1080 or 720 for now.

Comment

the first 2 episodes of a current popular show were able to be downloaded in 1440. however the remainder are 1080 and 720.

i asked to see if this is correct: that larger resolutions of episodes are not available right away on HBO, instead they are slowly added over time if it is in their plan to do that .. ?

Comment

Originally posted by sierra117 View Post
          t

i asked to see if this is correct: that larger resolutions of episodes are not available right away on HBO, instead they are slowly added over time if it is in their plan to do that .. ?
          We will add support to download higher resolution slowly.

Comment

is there some limitation for decrypting the higher res versions of HOTD ? or they are not show because HBO doesn't present them to sf when i try to click on the show to see the episodes to download ?

Comment

is there some limitation for decrypting the higher res versions of HOTD ? or they are not show because HBO doesn't present them to sf when i try to click on the show to see the episodes to download ?
              Can you get the same show when playback through a web browser?
              Please provide the StreamFab log file too, thanks.

Comment

the first 2 episodes of a current popular show were able to be downloaded in 1440. however the remainder are 1080 and 720.

House of the Dragon was a weird one. For the episodes as far as downloading them in higher res. The episodes per release dates had something to do with that.
                House of the Dragon - Wikipedia in the link provided you will see that episodes 1- 4 you should have been able to download those episodes at 1440p because they were before September 15. Anything after the 15th because of the DRM change is/will be coming down as 720p for every episode and that is not just StreamFab.

What was weird was that StreamFab only downloaded episodes 1- 2 at 1440p and episode 3 will only download at 1080p while ep - 4 the best you could get was 720p. If that is what you are referring to.

Comment

Working...
                X