StreamFab 5.0.5.5 Amaon Prime Video Subtitles Baked into Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 5.0.5.5 Amaon Prime Video Subtitles Baked into Video

This seems to only happen on a few movies I've actually purchased and not any "free with Prime" content so far. I downloaded a few older war movies only to find the subtitles had been baked into the resulting file with no way to switch them off. If i redownload them with no sub track selected however, the video comes out fine. I would like to have them as the audio quality can be questionable for movies of these age and some of the dialogue is spoken in a thick accent or is just not very clear, but I don't want them baked into the video. Please look into a fix for this in a future update. The movies in question are Crash Dive (1943), PT 109 (1963), Destination Tokyo (1943), and Operation Pacific (1951). I'd look into getting these on disc but the HD remasters have not been released on Blu-Ray thus far, so StreamFab is my only hope.
    Last edited by wemickna; 09-30-2022, 08:23 AM.

Originally posted by wemickna View Post
    This seems to only happen on a few movies I've actually purchased and not any "free with Prime" content so far. I downloaded a few older war movies only to find the subtitles had been baked into the resulting file with no way to switch them off. If i redownload them with no sub track selected however, the video comes out fine. I would like to have them as the audio quality can be questionable for movies of these age and some of the dialogue is spoken in a thick accent or is just not very clear, but I don't want them baked into the video. Please look into a fix for this in a future update. The movies in question are Crash Dive (1943), PT 109 (1963), Destination Tokyo (1943), and Operation Pacific (1951). I'd look into getting these on disc but the HD remasters have not been released on Blu-Ray thus far, so StreamFab is my only hope.
    do you have subtitles disabled ??

Comment

Yes, the subs track is turned off when playing it in a player but they still show up at the top of the video, indicating that they've been burned into the video track. I can download them with no sub track selected and the problem is fixed, indicating that StreamFab is causing the problem during download / remux. I had the same problem with a couple specific episodes of shows on Crunchyroll but it was quickly fixed by the developers.

Comment

By any chance, in StreamFab's Settings in the VIP Services section (down the bottom), do you have "Always download the forced subtitle" checkmarked? If so, uncheck it and I believe you'll get what you want when you redownload one of those movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          By any chance, in StreamFab's Settings in the VIP Services section (down the bottom), do you have "Always download the forced subtitle" checkmarked? If so, uncheck it and I believe you'll get what you want when you redownload one of those movies.
          That seems to fix it. Good to know, thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X