P+ files sizes and show length

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P+ files sizes and show length

Trying to get the original twilight zone from Paramount plus. Several files come through at only 10 or 11 minutes long after several attempts I usually am able to get the correct shoulder length at about 22 minutes. But some of the files I am noticing even if they’re 22 or 23 minutes they are only about a third of the other file sizes. I really don’t want to have to go through every single episode to see if they have been captured correctly

Is this happening on any particular season? I'm nearing the end of downloading every episode from Season 1 but everything looks pretty consistent so far. All the episodes are about 25 minutes 30 seconds long and the average size is about 850,000 KB (+/- 20,000 KB).

Are you using 5.0.5.6?

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
      Is this happening on any particular season? I'm nearing the end of downloading every episode from Season 1 but everything looks pretty consistent so far. All the episodes are about 25 minutes 30 seconds long and the average size is about 850,000 KB (+/- 20,000 KB).

Are you using 5.0.5.6?
      First off I think I’m still on 5055. No it’s not any particular season other than I just started season four and all of those episodes are about 50 minutes long and twice the size as the others. My typical file size for the 23 minute episode is also between eight and 900 but I have some of them that are in the 300s but still show up as 22 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post

First off I think I’m still on 5055.
        Then I think you need to upgrade to 5.0.5.6.

I will continue, within the framework of the 50 per day rule, to test until I get them all. The Twilight Zone is a must-have for anyone who has a collection that revolves around shows that were part of television history.

Comment

Trying to get the original twilight zone from Paramount plus. Several files come through at only 10 or 11 minutes long after several attempts I usually am able to get the correct shoulder length at about 22 minutes. But some of the files I am noticing even if they’re 22 or 23 minutes they are only about a third of the other file sizes. I really don’t want to have to go through every single episode to see if they have been captured correctly
          WThomas69,

I tested by downloading the 1st three seasons of Twilight Zone from Competitor - watched 5 of them yesterday, played fine.

I just had to test one episode of Twilight Zone Season 4 Episode 1 and got *crazy* results - different two times with running on StreamFab 5.0.5.6

1. First attempt (see reply to this) with StreamFab 5.0.5.6 produced a file of the right size, *but* it only plays 5 minutes and 40 seconds!
          2. Second attempt (see reply to this) with StreamFab 5.0.5.6 produced a file of 27,345kbs and only plays the opening sequence and then audio

Paramount+ is unreliable and and can produce a file of the right size with messed up file or a file that is less that only plays part of the show.

Very disappointed!

I can't rely on StreamFab for Paramount+ and do not have the time, Like WThomas69 says, to play every show just to see if StreamFab is working for Paramount+ especially on the 1st of the month with all the new shows to get.

Mike

Attachements: Zip files of 2nd attempt above.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Mike_M; 10-01-2022, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

1. First attempt (see reply to this) with StreamFab 5.0.5.6 produced a file of the right size, *but* it only plays 5 minutes and 40 seconds!
            2. Second attempt (see reply to this) with StreamFab 5.0.5.6 produced a file of 27,345kbs and only plays the opening sequence and then audio

Paramount+ is unreliable and and can produce a file of the right size with messed up file or a file that is less that only plays part of the show.

Very disappointed!

I can't rely on StreamFab for Paramount+ and do not have the time, Like WThomas69 says, to play every show just to see if StreamFab is working for Paramount+.

Mike
            Two different files created by StreamFab 5.0.5.6 for Twilight Zone Series on Paramount+.

Both are seriously messed up.

Installed new version as administrator, deleted Temp & Queue files, then ran test.

Mike

Attached Files

Comment

Mike M… I do have the competitor any stream. Using it to get Frasier right now I will try twilight zone later. Functionally it is superior to streamfab but the user interface needs work. On a sidenote I hadn’t used it in a couple days and have a limit of 100 downloads available. Use them all. 48 hours later still only have 50 available I thought there was 100 available every 24 hours

Comment

Updated to 5056. Tried two different shows. They all seem to play right up to the point where the closing credits begin and stop.
                I really was hoping 5056 would fix it. Did the dev forget to give us the update?
                It would appear the fab team is on vacation through October 7th, ugh, two more weeks of waiting probably.
                Last edited by MrGrackle; 10-01-2022, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                  Updated to 5056. Tried two different shows. They all seem to play right up to the point where the closing credits begin and stop.
                  I really was hoping 5056 would fix it. Did the dev forget to give us the update?
                  It would appear the fab team is on vacation through October 7th, ugh, two more weeks of waiting probably.

MrKrawk,

I don't know what's going on, but I tried StreamFab 5.0.5.6. for another episode of Twilight Zone and it seemed to play ok to the credits but then also cut out the credits (like yours did) and is 49 seconds shorter.

*sigh*

So it's having some different issues that makes StreamFab 5.0.5.6 not really usable for Paramount+ right now.

One of the cool things about Twilight Zone is being able to lookup the names of some stars in the credits that you recognized, but couldn't quite identify by name.

Twilight Zone is definitely a show that I want the credits on.

Mike
                  Last edited by Mike_M; 10-01-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Mike M… I do have the competitor any stream. Using it to get Frasier right now I will try twilight zone later. Functionally it is superior to streamfab but the user interface needs work. On a sidenote I hadn’t used it in a couple days and have a limit of 100 downloads available. Use them all. 48 hours later still only have 50 available I thought there was 100 available every 24 hours
                    Just in case you didn't know, be sure to get the below that's not included in the normal episodes offered.

Rod Serling wrote a teleplay intending for it to be the pilot episode of a new series called The Twilight Zone. Although it ended up airing on a different show, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, it is considered the seed episode and has even been adapted as one of The Twilight Zone radio-show episodes.

"The Time Element" Twilight Zone Concept - Aired on Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse
                    YouTube でお気に入りの動画や音楽を楽しみ、オリジナルのコンテンツをアップロードして友だちや家族、世界中の人たちと共有しましょう。
                    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-01-2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Just in case you didn't know, be sure to get the below that's not included in the normal episodes offered.

Rod Serling wrote a teleplay intending for it to be the pilot episode of a new series called The Twilight Zone. Although it ended up airing on a different show, Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, it is considered the seed episode and has even been adapted as one of The Twilight Zone radio-show episodes.

"The Time Element" Twilight Zone Concept - Aired on Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9y8z2L4bxw
                      there's another twilight zone lost episodes that you need to find
                      online called Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics
                      both episodes are on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

there's another twilight zone lost episodes that you need to find
                        online called Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics
                        both episodes are on youtube.
                        October262,

Thanks for the heads up!

Using M3U8 in StreamFab to get 'em.

"Twilight Zone In the Theater"
                        From wikipedia:Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost ClassicsTwilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics was a 1994 telefilm consisting of two Rod Serling stories...

"Twilight Zone Where The Dead Are"
                        From wikipedia: Twilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost ClassicsTwilight Zone: Rod Serling's Lost Classics was a 1994 telefilm consisting of two Rod Serling storie...

Mike

Comment

With only minor exceptions, I'm not really interested in collecting Specials. But I did happen to see this list of Twilight Zone TV specials from theTVDB ( https://thetvdb.com/ ). They also had a long list of radio shows, as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-02 8.25.47 PM.png
Views:	217
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	415777

Comment

Working...
                          X