Streamfab 5.0.5.6 - Fox.com downloads are 1080p even after selecting 720p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Streamfab 5.0.5.6 - Fox.com downloads are 1080p even after selecting 720p

Problem might have been in previous versions as well.

Setings/VIP Services Video Resolution is set to 720p. Episode comes up with 1080p selected, click option for 720p and click download. Download shows "720p" next to episode name - resulting file shows dimensions of 1080p. File size more matches one for a 1080p selection than 720p.

Ran a quick comparison test on a requested 1080p download of the same episode and file size matches one for 720p - so resultion for both must be 1080p.

Seems to be any episode/show on Fox.com site - at least the half dozen shows I'm downloading for.

A lot of what is on Fox.com can also be found on Hulu but at 720p.

Comment

For those that don't have trouble "analyzing" in Hulu - like the new Monarch series from Fox.

Funny, ABC.com seems to use the same downloader as Fox.com in StreamFab, but the resolutions are pulling as 720p for ABC. Thought if one site had the problem, then more would.
      Last edited by RogerDH20; 10-04-2022, 01:55 AM.

Comment

ABC is a Disney company. It will always be 720p. That's decided at the corporate level of Disney and has nothing to do with StreamFab.

As far as Monarch on Hulu, I had no trouble with the initial analysis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 12.54.10 AM.png
Views:	263
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	415808

But when I tried to download, it kept erroring out. I closed down StreamFab and loaded up the Chrome browser. It failed every attempt to play the episodes but, of course, the video ads had no problem playing. Looks like a Hulu problem. You'll have to wait until they fix it.

Comment

Hulu must have fixed it. I got it this time on the first try with absolutely no problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 6.13.32 AM.png
Views:	194
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	415812

Comment

Working...
          X