StreamFab - Analyzing the Video Takes Long Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab - Analyzing the Video Takes Long Time

I am using StreamFab version 5.0.5.5 and unfortunately I have noticed since a few days that the analysis of the videos before downloading now sometimes takes several minutes.

Then the download runs through correctly and quickly, but it has otherwise never taken so long for the analysis.

I have also installed the latest version 5.0.5.6 - Same problem.

So it would be great if someone from the developers could take a look at this.

I am otherwise very satisfied with the program.

When they come back from their holiday week they'll want a copy of your StreamFab.log. Also, telling them which specific streamer modules you are seeing this slowdown with and what specific videos you are having problems with would be helpful. Tell them if you are using a VPN and any other information that might aid them.

Comment

Everything I download is very slow, I mean its dowjn loading at KBs . Its not my network either, everything else is speedy. All PCIe SSDs Click image for larger version

Name:	Slow.gif
Views:	831
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	415819
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        When they come back from their holiday week they'll want a copy of your StreamFab.log. Also, telling them which specific streamer modules you are seeing this slowdown with and what specific videos you are having problems with would be helpful. Tell them if you are using a VPN and any other information that might aid them.
        It's about videos from Amazon Prime.

It sometimes takes several minutes to analyze a video before downloading it.

Until a few days ago, it always went through very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
          Everything I download is very slow, I mean its dowjn loading at KBs . Its not my network either, everything else is speedy. All PCIe SSDs Click image for larger version  Name:	Slow.gif Views:	1 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	415819
          Hi Chameleon,

What version of StreamFab are you on?

Fyi, StreamFab 5.0.5.6 only produced an audio file for me on new Quantum Leap Series on Peacock+.

I had to downgrade to 5.0.5.5 StreamFab in order to get good files from Peacock+ for new Quantum Leap series.

Mike
          Last edited by Mike_M; 10-04-2022, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
            Everything I download is very slow, I mean its dowjn loading at KBs . Its not my network either, everything else is speedy. All PCIe SSDs
            Your attachment shows that you were doing an audio download at the time. A Peacock+ audio download is almost always slower than video. The video download would have occurred between 1 to 50% of the download. Your audio download is not really overly slow. It is at 3.12 megabits per second. Do the math - 390 kilobytes/sec = 3120 kilobits/sec = 3.12 megabits/sec.

Marty, I'm sorry that your post has taken a different direction but still Mona is going to be asking for the StreamFab.log. If you want us to test out your problem we'll need to know what video you are trying to get. Is it really every video you try on Amazon Prime that takes a long time analyzing?

Comment

It was slower for the video. V5056, and its slow
              believe me.
              Last edited by Chameleon; 10-05-2022, 01:01 AM.
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

I'll ask the usual question but I know I'll get the usual answer back... How is your Internet connection? And you'll say, it works perfectly. Everybody's Internet always works perfectly when asked. Short of doing Ping and Traceroute tests there's few ways for the end user to know whether that's true or not. I've learned over time not to push the bad Internet possibility because people get very defensive about their service.
                One thing you have possibly going against you is that you've stated that you live in Hong Kong. Let's face it, it's not a member of the British Empire any longer. We all have newspapers and know of the differing conditions now. Whether those conditions have any effect on your ability to watch or download Peacock+, I have no personal knowledge. I really think that the only ones that could help you directly are the staff at StreamFab because in theory, at least, they are facing similar conditions. I wish you the best of luck.

Comment

In CBR mode, the download analyzes 10 minutes, CVBR mode starts immediately.

Comment

Working...
                  X