Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderators/Programmers please look at this - Peacock Plus - New Quantum Leap S01E03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moderators/Programmers please look at this - Peacock Plus - New Quantum Leap S01E03

Now StreamFab with Peacock+ module is not working for some reason on new Quantum Leap Series episode 3.

1080p and 720p (tried both) produces a file that only plays audio.

Monitor of segments during download showed they were in temp files, but evidently not combined appropriately.

Previous version StreamFab 5.0.5.5 worked for episodes 1 & 2 of new Quantum Leap series, but now *they* also produce only audio files in StreamFab 5.0.5.6.

*May* try previous version of StreamFab for episode 3, but am *really* tired of having to do this and testing.

Mike

Attachment: Log files

US - CST, No VPN, Win 10/64, StreamFab 5.0.5.6 installed as Admin, deleted temp & queue first
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-04-2022, 03:04 PM.

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

*May* try previous version of StreamFab, but am *really* tired of having to do this and testing.

Mike

Attachment: Log files

US - CST, No VPN, Win 10/64, StreamFab 5.0.5.6 installed as Admin, deleted temp & queue first
    StreamFab/DVDFab,

Evidently you broke something else, again, while fixing something in new release 5.0.5.6 that has "Fix: A problem that the downloaded Peacock videos are incomplete" in release notes.

StreamFab 5.0.5.5. works with Peacock+ with Quantum Leap new series, StreamFab 5.0.5.6 doesn't and only results in audio file.

So users have to use 5.0.5.5 for some things and 5.0.5.6 for others?

Not cool having to do all this jumping thru hoops.

Mike

US - CST, no VPN, Win10/64, installed 5.0.5.5 as Admin from offline version, deleted all queue and temp files.

Last edited by Mike_M; 10-04-2022, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Sorry, Mike, I hate to do this to you but I didn't have a bit of trouble downloading Quantum Leap Episode 3.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-04 2.22.45 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	415831

General
      Unique ID : 211662280842195182065082422646865898756 (0x9F3CAC277609FC33321A60D66507AD04)
      Complete name : R:\AFAB_Out\Quantum Leap\S01\Quantum Leap_S01E03_Somebody up There Likes Ben.mkv
      Format : Matroska
      Format version : Version 4
      File size : 2.27 GiB
      Duration : 42 min 23 s
      Overall bit rate : 7 681 kb/s
      Movie name : Somebody up There Likes Ben
      Encoded date : UTC 2022-10-04 18:14:57
      Writing application : mkvmerge v68.0.0 ('The Curtain') 64-bit
      Writing library : libebml v1.4.2 + libmatroska v1.6.4

Video
      ID : 1
      Format : AVC
      Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
      Format profile : High@L4
      Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
      Format settings, CABAC : Yes
      Format settings, Reference : 4 frames
      Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
      Bit rate : 7 814 kb/s
      Width : 1 920 pixels
      Height : 1 080 pixels
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate mode : Constant
      Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
      Color space : YUV
      Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
      Bit depth : 8 bits
      Scan type : Progressive
      Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.157
      Stream size : 2.25 GiB (99%)
      Writing library : x264 core 164 r3095 baee400
      Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=0.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=0 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=34 / lookahead_threads=5 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=48 / keyint_min=4 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=2pass / mbtree=1 / bitrate=7814 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=7814 / vbv_bufsize=7814 / nal_hrd=none / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.41 / aq=1:1.00
      Default : Yes
      Forced : No

Audio
      ID : 2
      Format : AAC LC
      Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
      Codec ID : A_AAC-2
      Bit rate : 96.0 kb/s
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Channel layout : L R
      Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
      Frame rate : 46.875 FPS (1024 SPF)
      Compression mode : Lossy
      Stream size : 29.2 MiB (1%)
      Language : English
      Default : Yes
      Forced : No

I watched the video by randomly skipping around from start to end and it appeared normal in both video and audio. I don't know what to tell you, I didn't do anything special, just my normal routine.

Almost forgot to mention - running 5.0.5.6.
      Last edited by Cats4U; 10-04-2022, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        Sorry, Mike, I hate to do this to you but I didn't have a bit of trouble downloading Quantum Leap Episode 3. I watched the video by randomly skipping around from start to end and it appeared normal in both video and audio. I don't know what to tell you, I didn't do anything special, just my normal routine. Almost forgot to mention - running 5.0.5.6.
        Hi Cats4u,

No problem.

Noticed you had format .MKV, so I uninstalled 5.0.5.5, deleted temps/cache again, installed 5.0.5.6 as admin from offline full version and tried .MKV.

Worked for me too.

Then I changed settings to .mp4 and it also worked for 5.0.5.6 now.

This is odd.

I always install as admin from full offline version and whenever I have problems delete the temp and cache files and try again.

I *didn't* totally uninstall 5.0.5.6 this morning and then try a reinstall of 5.0.5.6 - only deleted temp/cache files & re-ran with only audio file resulting, then reverted to 5.0.5.5 because I knew it worked on Quantum Leap new series for Episodes 1 & 2 and it worked.

Don't know why New Quantum Leap series - Episodes 1 ( and 2, & 3 on re-running) didn't work previously on 5.0.5.6 this morning and only resulted in an audio file - no video at all, but logs are above for programmers.

I noticed that the file that did work this afternoon had at least 300 lines of code more in it's StreamFab file in logs and the one that didn't work this morning had a suspicious line that indicated "File Merge Error" when it was supposed to combine the video/audio that wasn't in the file that worked this afternoon.

I'd think that it might be due to Episode 3 just coming out and hitting Peacock servers, but it did the same when testing with episodes 2 & 3 previously this a.m on 5.0.5.6.

I guess the only one that might be able to figure out what happened and at what point is the programmer if they look at the file, but now that it's working after an uninstall/reinstall, don't know if they will/need too.

Will just make sure that now I do an uninstall/reinstall in addition to deleting temp/cache files.

But this is a *lot* of work to troubleshoot with issues/quirks that happen so often now.

Trying different settings/resolutions/versions, installing as admin from offline version only due to problems with upgrading via StreamFab update, deleting cache/temp files and when alternate software has same access to a streaming service making sure it works vs. StreamFab not working.

*sigh*

Mike

Comment

Don't feel bad, these things happen and you'll never learn the reason why. I had my own Peacock fun this morning at 6am. I happened to be up so I figured I'd be a nice guy and download my wife's soap opera for her so she'd have it when she first woke up. So, I got the show all set up on Peacock to download and I clicked Start. Round and round went the line while it analysed. And I waited and waited. I'm not like some here that watch the line go around three times and then say they waited 10 minutes. I waited. Anyway, I finally gave up and stopped it and went to Home. There was that damned cat. I hate that Peacock cat. I love cats. My wife and I run a non-profit cat rescue. But, boy, do I hate that Peacock cat. I must have had a dozen encounters with that cat this morning. One thing I will note though, I still have never been logged out as others have. Just cat errors with nothing specifically named as the cause. Finally the cat gave an error #6008 and there was something about "shaka". I did a search on it and it turns out that Shaka is the name of the Javascript player that Peacock uses and error #6008 has to do with encryption certification or licensing. Reading between the lines it appeared that the player was having a hard time connecting to the Peacock server that handles certifying the encryption. It had nothing to do with StreamFab. It was a Peacock internal error. By the time I finished all the research, the problem must have got fixed at Peacock because my next download attempt sailed right through as if nothing bad had happened in the last 20 minutes before that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

1.I love cats. My wife and I run a non-profit cat rescue.

2. Reading between the lines it appeared that the player was having a hard time connecting to the Peacock server that handles certifying the encryption. It had nothing to do with StreamFab. It was a Peacock internal error. By the time I finished all the research, the problem must have got fixed at Peacock because my next download attempt sailed right through as if nothing bad had happened in the last 20 minutes before that.
            Cats4U,

1. Cool!

2. You know, this *could* be linked to my issue because it occurred about the same time I believe - 8:30am? Maybe Peacock only did audio because it couldn't certify decryption for video? I erroneously believed (jumped the gun) that since the previous version of StreamFab handled episodes 1 & 2 of new Quantum leap and downgrading to previous version got them that it was a StreamFab issue with the new version. When it probably was a Peacock video/DRM retrieval error. Only the logs know for sure!

Mike

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-05 112619.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	415844

i was able to successfully download Quantum Leap episode 3 at 6:24AM US central time.
              Last edited by Blurayfan; 10-05-2022, 04:17 PM.
              Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Originally posted by Blurayfan View Post
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-10-05 112619.jpg Views:	0 Size:	5.9 KB ID:	415844

i was able to successfully download Quantum Leap episode 3 at 6:24AM US central time.
                BlurayFan,

Yeah, working fine now, it was when I did it yesterday around 8:30am on 10/4 - US CST time. (edited to add date/local time :-)

From discussion probably was a temporary fluke with Peacock+

Mike
                Last edited by Mike_M; 10-05-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

BlurayFan,

Yeah, working fine now, it was when I did it yesterday around 8:30am.

From discussion probably was a temporary fluke with Peacock+

Mike
                  mike the time was the day after aired on TV. Aired Monday 9PM
                  Last edited by Blurayfan; 10-05-2022, 04:28 PM.
                  Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

Working...
                  X