Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazon Prime has been much faster for me lately :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime has been much faster for me lately :-)

Fyi,

Just received an email from DVDFab/StreamFab re: 20% faster on Amazon/Disney (see attached)

⬇️

The download speed and time spent on downloads are essential when you download a video.

Recently, we upgraded the downloading process for Amazon and Disney+, which will cut back on your time by about 20%.

• Before, the process consisted of downloading the video, downloading the audio, decrypting the audio, decrypting the video, and finally remixing the video and audio. - (Bolding by Mike for emphasis)

• Now, video and audio will be downloaded and decrypted simultaneously, and then remuxed.

⬆️

I don't use Disney a lot, but live on Amazon Prime.

I have noticed in the last week since upgrading that the download speed has been over 21 MB/s for me on Amazon Prime!

Very timely with:

1. Amazon hosting a lot of the Bond Movies for 60th Anniversary with pretty good download resolutions/6Channel audio as well as The Sound of 007 (Amazon Bond Music Documentary)

2. TheCW also has some really good resolutions of:

Ian Fleming - The Man That would Be Bond (4 parts)

Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mike_M; 10-05-2022, 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
    Fyi,

Just received an email from DVDFab/StreamFab re: 20% faster on Amazon/Disney (see attached)

⬇️

The download speed and time spent on downloads are essential when you download a video.

Recently, we upgraded the downloading process for Amazon and Disney+, which will cut back on your time by about 20%.

• Before, the process consisted of downloading the video, downloading the audio, decrypting the audio, decrypting the video, and finally remixing the video and audio.

• Now, video and audio will be downloaded and decrypted simultaneously, and then remuxed.

⬆️

I don't use Disney a lot, but live on Amazon Prime.

I have noticed in the last week since upgrading that the download speed has been over 21 MB/s for me on Amazon Prime!

Very timely with:

1. Amazon hosting a lot of the Bond Movies for 60th Anniversary with pretty good download resolutions/6Channel audio as well as The Sound of 007 (Amazon Bond Music Documentary)

2. TheCW also has some really good resolutions of:

Ian Fleming - The Man That would Be Bond (4 parts)

Mike

I was just going to mention that myself. i have also noticed a greatly improved speed.
    Formerly DVDKingdom

Comment

I used to get 70-80 MB/s but now it's even better!

How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I'm truly grateful that they added more speed but what took them so long? Non-DRM streaming downloaders like IDM and TubeDigger have had multiple download processes for as long as I can remember. Another thing is that I would have gladly given up the faster Amazon download for a little longer if they had used the time to fix Paramount+ to produce a usable video download. It'll be 6 weeks when they finally take another try at getting a working Paramount+ video. Isn't anyone there capable of setting Priorities?

Comment

Although it is much faster, the speed shown is inaccurate.

I just hit 442 MB/s and it is physically impossible.

My Internet speed is 1.6 Gbps. Take 1600 Mbps and divide by 8 and you get 200 MB/s.

Then you top it off with that computer being connected to a 1 Gbps switch and you can see the numbers are bogus.

I have never hit more than 120 MB/s with my newsgroups or with speed test from that computer so, to me, it seems it is misrepresenting the speed.

You can see in the screenshots below, Streamfab claims 442 MB/s when my actual router says 130 MB/s is the max i have EVER attained.

Hopefully this is a simple case of bad math or error in the code and not a deliberate attempt at misleading...
          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Hi,

It’s the UI problem, we will check it, thanks!

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X