Can't log into Smithsonian channel using Spectrum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM M3U8 Can't log into Smithsonian channel using Spectrum

Using 5.0.5.6 for Windows. When I to go to www.smithsonianchannel.com and click on something, it asks me to log in with my TV provider, which is Spectrum. When I click on Spectrum a new tab opens, blank, and the label on the tab is "about:blank#blocked". How can I get the page to show Spectrum's login instead of this blank page?

Thanks in advance!

Let's start with the most basic question first and move on from there. Have you paid Spectrum for the Smithsonian Channel to be part of your cable TV lineup?

Comment

Haha. I have had the same problem and have already open another post on this like 4 months back.

Comment

I have the same problem with version 6.1.3.4. Can't log in with my account (Directv)
        Please fix.

Comment

It's not letting the adobe authenticator through......every provider is blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
            Let's start with the most basic question first and move on from there. Have you paid Spectrum for the Smithsonian Channel to be part of your cable TV lineup?
            I have Spectrum too, and Smithsonian is part of the lineup

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post
              It's not letting the adobe authenticator through......every provider is blocked.
              Yep, that's the problem again. The Adobe problem happens every once in awhile. I don't have Spectrum but I'm locked out of Smithsonian, too, on Comcast/Xfinity. Previous Adobe problems with Xfinity that were talked about here were with TCM and Telemundo. I haven't checked in awhile and so I don't know if they ever got fixed. I have no problem viewing Smithsonian on a regular Chrome browser or downloading via Tubedigger. Since no DRM is involved you should be able to use straight YT-dlp as long as you provide the MSO-related command parameters.

​--ap-mso MSO Adobe Pass multiple-system operator (TV provider) identifier, use --ap-list-mso for a list of available MSOs
              ​​​​​ --ap-username USERNAME Multiple-system operator account login
              --ap-password PASSWORD Multiple-system operator account password. If this option is left out, yt-dlp will ask interactively​

That's probably the problem with SF. They are not providing that info. More times than not, for me anyway, using the Adobe authenticator works to get a streamer. And then you have times like this where it just doesn't. The developers need to figure out why. I'll post a log later.

Comment

Originally posted by atrdriver View Post
                Using 5.0.5.6 for Windows. When I to go to www.smithsonianchannel.com and click on something, it asks me to log in with my TV provider, which is Spectrum. When I click on Spectrum a new tab opens, blank, and the label on the tab is "about:blank#blocked". How can I get the page to show Spectrum's login instead of this blank page?

Thanks in advance!
                on your regular browser, once you are signed in to your TV provider and can view the locked episode,
                does copying the unlocked episode URL from your regular browser and pasting it into streamfabs browser work ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

on your regular browser, once you are signed in to your TV provider and can view the locked episode,
                  does copying the unlocked episode URL from your regular browser and pasting it into streamfabs browser work ??
                  It does NOT. Yet another BROKEN module.

Comment

Over a year since I originally opened this topic and it still doesn't work. On my normal browsers I can log into my Spectrum account and watch Smithsonian Channel at will. But in Streamfab, now version 6.1.6.8 when I try to authorize with Spectrum I get a new page with the about:blank#blocked as the tab name. Can we try to fix this please?

Comment

Originally posted by atrdriver View Post
                      Can we try to fix this please?
                      After the DRM problem is over I will bring this up with the developer. In the meantime, I stand by everything I wrote back in August of last year in message # 7 above. For some streamers the Adobe authenticator works and with others it doesn't. Whether this is an SF bug, an Adobe bug, or a streamer bug, I have no idea.

Comment

Working...
                      X