Amazon stuck at processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon stuck at processing

This has been happening for the past few versions, including the new 6000. I haven't had any problem until recently. The show downloads just fine, then gets stuck during processing. This only happens on my desktop. My laptop processes Amazon shows without any problem. Since everything used to work just fine on my desktop, and it still works on my laptop, I'm thinking there is nothing wrong with Streamfab, but that I have some kind of software compatibility issue. Just speculating here, but both machines also have DVDFab and PlayerFab installed. The only difference is that I keep them updated on my desktop, but not on my laptop. In fact, the laptop is still running version 6 of Playerfab, while I upgraded my desktop to version 7. I've done a full uninstall and reinstall of Streamfab without success. My next step is to uninstall Playerfab and DVDFab and see what happens, but I'm just guessing here. Anyone have any ideas?

Let's fill in some of blanks in the information - Where are you located? What Operating System is your desktop? What OS is your laptop? Did you delete your log and Temp directories when you re-installed SF? I assume you used the offline updater when you did the full uninstall and reinstall. Are you running SF in Admin mode? Could you give the names of one or two videos that are causing you problems? Exactly how long are you waiting for the Processing to complete? Did the green line start to move across the screen during Processing and stop? Did the line not appear at all or did it make it all the way across and just stayed there? Did you try rebooting your desktop?
    Mona and the developer will want to see a copy of your StreamFab.log, so clean out your log directory and run another attempt on your desktop with one of the videos you had problems with before. After that attach the StreamFab.log here to your replies to me. Together all that should provide the developer with enough information to help them figure out what is causing your problem. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by timebeing View Post
      This has been happening for the past few versions, including the new 6000. I haven't had any problem until recently. The show downloads just fine, then gets stuck during processing. This only happens on my desktop. My laptop processes Amazon shows without any problem. Since everything used to work just fine on my desktop, and it still works on my laptop, I'm thinking there is nothing wrong with Streamfab, but that I have some kind of software compatibility issue. Just speculating here, but both machines also have DVDFab and PlayerFab installed. The only difference is that I keep them updated on my desktop, but not on my laptop. In fact, the laptop is still running version 6 of Playerfab, while I upgraded my desktop to version 7. I've done a full uninstall and reinstall of Streamfab without success. My next step is to uninstall Playerfab and DVDFab and see what happens, but I'm just guessing here. Anyone have any ideas?
      are you using the x64 bit version or the 32 bit version of streamfab ??
      you might try the 32bit version of streamfab and then retry your Amazon shows
      and see if you still have issues with Amazon.

Comment

That's a lot of questions. Thank you so much for your detailed response. I'm located in the US. Both machines are running Windows 11 Pro. Neither machine is using a VPN. Since I last posted, I went ahead and uninstalled all DVDFab related products (DVDFab, PlayerFab, StreamFab). I then deleted all related folders, including hidden folders (such as the folders in AppData and ProgramData). I rebooted and re-installed only Streamfab using the offline updater (version 6000). I then downloaded "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse." I let it run, and it eventually completed after a little over two hours from start of download to completed file. I hadn't let it run that long before because I was used to the whole process taking only a few minutes. For comparison purposes, I downloaded the same show on my laptop, which is also running version 6000. It took a little less than seven minutes. This is the kind of speed I used to see on my desktop. I'm not running SF in admin mode on either machine. I'm attaching the latest log from my desktop. Thank you so much for all of your help.
        Attached Files

Comment

Follow up to may last post. I checked to see if I had the same issue with other providers. There is no problem with Hulu, but the same situation occurs with Peacock. I downloaded the latest episode of Dateline (season 31, episode 7) on both machines. It took 11 minutes from start of download to finished file on my laptop, but it took 158 minutes on my desktop. I'm attaching the log from my desktop. It's the same as the last one I attached except for the addition of the Peacock download. Thanks again
          Attached Files

Comment

I just noticed what might be a significant difference between the desktop and laptop. While both are running Windows 11 Pro 64 bit, the desktop is running version 10.0.22621 build 22621, while the laptop is running version 10.0.22000 build 22000. I noticed this when my laptop just prompted me to update to Windows 11, version 22H2. I'm including this info just in case. I'm not sure if it matters.

Comment

Same issue for me. Downloads then hangs when beginning the processing stage. Using 32 bit on Windows 11. Using 6.0 build in USA.

Comment

Yes, it is a lot of questions but to someone who is trying to solve a problem, it is the type information that they hope everyone provides when they are saying they have a problem.
                It sounds to me like there is definitely a networking problem in that desktop. How about we let the Win11 Microsoft network troubleshoot take a try at finding the problem and possibly fixing it?
                • Select Start, and go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.
                • Next to Internet Connections, select Run and follow the instructions.
                • When prompted, choose the option to troubleshoot connection to the internet.
                This is from https://windows101tricks.com/slow-internet-windows-11/ which has other things to try as well.
                Let me know how it goes.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I ran the internet troubleshooter but it wasn't able to find any problems. Just for clarification, my shows download with good speed. It's the processing that takes a long time. I was operating under the assumption that once a show is downloaded, my computer does the rest. Does processing happen over the internet?

Comment

You'd have to double check with Mona as to whether anything is happening on the Internet during Processing. I do not think so but I don't work for StreamFab. We did recently learn that our computers contact a StreamFab server during the Analysis but I'm not aware of anything during Processing.
                    At this point my suggestion is to do a full uninstall of StreamFab including deletion of the log and Temp directories and not keeping the configuration and then re-install 6.0.0.0 found at https://www.dvdfab.cn/mlink/download...=StreamFab_x64
                    But before you do that, I've got another idea I want you to check out first. Load up Window's Task Manager. With StreamFab NOT running, see if Qcef.exe is showing as running in the Task Manager. If it is, terminate its process by highlighting it and clicking End Task. If you had to do that then try loading StreamFab up again and try seeing if the processing slow down is gone. If the slow down isn't gone or if Qcef.exe was never running to begin with, I would suggest the re-install.

Comment

Cats4U, thank you for all of your attempts to help. I tried your most recent suggestions without success. I even rolled back Win 11, ver 22H2 to 21H2 to see if that had anything to do with it. No joy. At this point, I'm tired of dealing with it and resigned to downloading on my laptop. This is okay, but I still wish I could figure out what's going on.

Comment

Originally posted by timebeing View Post
                        That's a lot of questions. Thank you so much for your detailed response. I'm located in the US. Both machines are running Windows 11 Pro. Neither machine is using a VPN. Since I last posted, I went ahead and uninstalled all DVDFab related products (DVDFab, PlayerFab, StreamFab). I then deleted all related folders, including hidden folders (such as the folders in AppData and ProgramData). I rebooted and re-installed only Streamfab using the offline updater (version 6000). I then downloaded "Tom Clancy's Without Remorse." I let it run, and it eventually completed after a little over two hours from start of download to completed file. I hadn't let it run that long before because I was used to the whole process taking only a few minutes. For comparison purposes, I downloaded the same show on my laptop, which is also running version 6000. It took a little less than seven minutes. This is the kind of speed I used to see on my desktop. I'm not running SF in admin mode on either machine. I'm attaching the latest log from my desktop. Thank you so much for all of your help.
                        I've passed this log file to the developer; if they can find out something, I will update you.

Comment

I managed to resolve the problem. I changed the name of the cache folder at Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Temp\cache. I restarted StreamFab. It created a new cache folder, and everything worked just fine. I had tried deleting the contents of the cache folder in one of my previous attempts to resolve the problem, but it made no difference. I have no idea why forcing StreamFab to create a new cache folder worked, but it did.

Comment

Working...
                          X