Version 6.0.0.1 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version 6.0.0.1 ?

Live update indicates there is a new version, when I click what's new, it only indicates version 6.0.0.0 on the site. So, what's new?

I, too, am wondering. Since another vendor (whose software I use) had a software 'update' posted to its update system by black hats (which stole browser passwords), I have to admit to feeling a bit paranoid about installing an update that even the vendor itself hasn't made any official post about. This isn't the first time this has happened with StreamFab and, if I could have a wish fulfilled, I would really appreciate if they would take the extra minute or two to post the update notes along with making the release available. It's pretty darned lazy to just post the update and not bother to post the update notes or even update the version number showing for the download link.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
      Live update indicates there is a new version, when I click what's new, it only indicates version 6.0.0.0 on the site. So, what's new?
      it's been updated - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...vember-03-2022

Comment

Anyone that uses the pop-up updater is just asking for problems. Do not use it, do not even look at any of its content, just hit Cancel or the X when it pops up. StreamFab would be wise to remove this piece of coding garbage completely. It is truly a self inflicted wound against the Customer Service people here as well as a headache to the users. Only use the offline updater such as the ones found at the top of the Forum messages in the yellow section of messages commonly referred to as "Stickies." There you will find along with the download links to the 64 and 32bit versions of the update, the latest Changelog as well as various hash codes used to determine the authenticity of the updates.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
          Anyone that uses the pop-up updater is just asking for problems. Do not use it, do not even look at any of its content, just hit Cancel or the X when it pops up. StreamFab would be wise to remove this piece of coding garbage completely. It is truly a self inflicted wound against the Customer Service people here as well as a headache to the users. Only use the offline updater such as the ones found at the top of the Forum messages in the yellow section of messages commonly referred to as "Stickies." There you will find along with the download links to the 64 and 32bit versions of the update, the latest Changelog as well as various hash codes used to determine the authenticity of the updates.
          The auto downloader has always worked perfectly fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh14 View Post

You can believe whatever you want to believe but when you start to have problems don't be surprised that one of the first things you're told to do is uninstall and then re-install StreamFab using the offline update. Anyone that has been on this Forum for awhile know this as fact and by experience. That's not just coming from me or any of the other users here, that has come from Mona and at least once from Wilson Wang (who rarely posts.)

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
              (Above bolded for emphasis by Mike)

Cats4U,

So true...

It is also worthwhile to uninstall the old version and install the new one from "scratch".

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
                Sometimes the pop-up in the app comes before the the "server" is ready for it.

I've also seen where the post in the forum is made, but the download link provided in it doesn't work yet...

In those cases, if I wait about 10 or 15 min and try again, then everything works.

I'm not sure the reason for the delays like that, I just know its how it has happened in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeh14 View Post

Hi Mikeh,

If you search for "Offline Installer" in the forum you will find many examples of issues, there are about 34 pages to search thru when I did.

... and that's only with this styling of "Offline Installer", I'm sure there's more with "Offline version" and other stylings.

Some examples of people acknowledging need from just the first few pages of "Offline Installer" search of this forum.

It's a pretty well accepted trouble-shooting step and known issue with the in program upgrade.

08-31-2022, 10:28 PM I did try starting the queue, restarting the queue by closing streamfab and then reopening. Same issue. Also, I always use offline installer when I update versions. - Isrdude

08-27-2022, 12:38 AM have you tried playing back the iso file to make sure that it plays ok ?? might try reinstalling dvdfab via the offline installer and post the latest... - October262

10-20-2022, 05:24 PM Note: The way I update is using the offline installer in the announcement link... - Blurayfan

10-21-2022, 10:13 AM So, I've reinstalled SF from the offline installer and launched it, both as admin. - JackSpade

08-31-2022, 06:54 PM when you changed versions, did you use the offline installer?- KidJoe​​

0​8-26-2022, 08:22 PM Online installer borked my StreamFab. Jpp72

08-26-2022, 05:47 PM Same issue here, used the offline installer above, without uninstallation and working again.. - VirulentPip

07-17-2022, 12:21 AM Roku downloader has always been slow. I always use the offline installer, but what would re-installing it do to help it? - Corey75

04-14-2022, 02:45 PM I updated to the latest version today and noticed that when I try to download from Hulu the video quality option is gone. I then re-installed using the offline installer and issue persists. - Jsinfate

01-28-2022, 07:20 PM Did you actually download the offline installer? Use the link below to save it to your hard disc, then launch it and let us know if that works.. - Rich86

01-25-2022, 10:51 AM You are correct, it does sound a problem with StreamFab it self. I have in the past also run in to technical issues with it when using the update function. Now instead when ever there is an update, i choose to uninstall the old version using Revo Uninstaller and then use the offline installer of the new version instead. That solved my technical issues. - Per K​

Mike
                  Last edited by Mike_M; 11-03-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

I connected yesterday and got the 6.0.0.2 is a new version message, clicked "What's New" and the new version wasn't listed. So it is a continuing thing. I do not always update it, only if the fix might affect me.

Why should be be paranoid about updates offered by the update check? It's not like a rogue agent would try to download something malicious. I imagine the update check looks at a specific server.
                    Last edited by MrGrackle; 11-10-2022, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X