Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corey75
    replied
    Originally posted by artsunlimited View Post

Thanks for testing it - and I bet you're right. I haven't upgraded yet - is the quota counter Mona referred to in this new upgrade, or did she mean "coming version" of 6.0.0.5.?
    The download counter is indeed in 6.0.0.4.

Leave a comment:

• bwnautilus
    replied

is the quota counter Mona referred to in this new upgrade, or did she mean "coming version" of 6.0.0.5.?
    I received the upgrade notification after Mona posted the message in this thread. So I can only assume she meant 6.0.0.4.

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post
    After upgrading to 6.0.0.4, I was able to download 50 titles from Amazon today. While I'd like to think what we experienced over the past few days was just "a disturbance in the force" my suspicion is someone fat-fingered some settings on the SF servers. Anyway, happy to see the download quota is now correctly working. Thanks Mona
    Thanks for testing it - and I bet you're right. I haven't upgraded yet - is the quota counter Mona referred to in this new upgrade, or did she mean "coming version" of 6.0.0.5.?

Leave a comment:

• bwnautilus
    replied
    After upgrading to 6.0.0.4, I was able to download 50 titles from Amazon today. While I'd like to think what we experienced over the past few days was just "a disturbance in the force" my suspicion is someone fat-fingered some settings on the SF servers. Anyway, happy to see the download quota is now correctly working. Thanks Mona

Leave a comment:

• Cats4U
    replied
    I did 46 Amazon downloads yesterday for testing purposes. I usually only keep 3-4 videos in any given queue. Usually only 10 downloads total per day or less. I'm 66 years old, I don't have enough time left to watch everything if I set up a 7000 video queue all the time.

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by Mona View Post
    The download quota is 50 per service per day.
    Please wait for the coming version and then try again, it will indicate the number of downloads.

If there is a problem, please feedback again, thanks.
    Mona, thanks so much for responding! The thing is, I'm using versions 6.0.0.0. and 6.0.0.2, and my Prime quota hit its limit yesterday with a combined total of 32. I've been using these versions consistently for about a month/few weeks now, so this is not a new-version glitch.

If the download quota is still 50, then this should not have happened, and I'm not the only one it's happened to - @bwnautilus​ got capped at 21 after I did, with v.6.0.0.2., which I'm also using. Please, can we have an explanation for this short count?

I really appreciate the new version coming with a counter (long awaited, yay!), but it doesn't address this current issue. BTW, the quota did reset at midnight my time, which was a huge relief, but why have TWO versions that've both been performing reliably up until now suddenly started to short-count my downloads, when AFAIK Amazon hasn't lowered any hammers?
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-25-2022, 05:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mona
    replied
    The download quota is 50 per service per day.
    Please wait for the coming version and then try again, it will indicate the number of downloads.

If there is a problem, please feedback again, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Well a whole business day has come and gone over in China and not a peep from any of the SF staff. And I know for a fact they don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there - it's just a normal day for them. This is not a good sign.
    Yeah, we're into the second day of this nonsense and the silence speaks volumes. Why they think hiding until the weekend comes means this cutback will be any more acceptable come Monday is beyond me.

Mona Wilson.Wang - can we PLEASE have an answer from someone as to why the download quota has been reduced?
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-24-2022, 04:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bwnautilus
    replied
    Well a whole business day has come and gone over in China and not a peep from any of the SF staff. And I know for a fact they don't celebrate Thanksgiving over there - it's just a normal day for them. This is not a good sign.

Leave a comment:

• corey75
    replied
    ​​Unfortunately, I'm with you guys as well... My downloads were just sliced in half again as well. At first I thought it was the 6x version since it happened on that computer first. I can vouch it's not just on 6x. I have streamfab installed on 4 machines and the 3 others are still all running 5.0.5.3. The download limit is hitting max on every single one of them. I can also vouch it started about 48 hours ago from writing this. I was adding videos to my queue when I noticed that a popup on 6x said I reached my download limit. I knew I was only half way there. Then a couple minutes later one of the other computers running 5x popped up the limit too.

This has to be something they changed on their side. At first I thought it was my account. Although it's refreshing to know it's not just me, I also agree that this is not right that they decreased our downloads to half of the limit they put in place prior to this. I find it ridiculous that our limit here has been cut again, while the main competitor has just doubled our download limit over there. Hmm, coincidence (or not perhaps). I've been using the competitor a lot over the last 48 hours because of this nonsense. I was preparing for the black friday deals on Amazon as well, only to find out there's another cap put in place here. Ugh, what the heck is streamfab doing? ​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    I just started being capped at 21 downloads for Amazon Prime. I'm on 6.0.0.2 with a Prime USA account, no VPN. What's up Mona ?
    Mona And while we're at it, why has Online Help chat been disabled? The deciding reason I bought this software - and let's face it, it's not cheap - was because of the ability to communicate directly with a rep for help. It was a really efficient source of assistance more times than I can count, and made me feel like I had a safety net - and now the chat button has been removed.

Sorry, but submitting an email is NOT "Sound and Solve Your Issues Immediately Online" - that assurance is just a mockery at this point, and I don't like feeling that I was a huge chump for buying this product.

If it were live, I could at least bring the download quota issue to someone's attention about 15 minutes from now, instead of having to wait for hours (or even days?), until you or someone else answers these posts. Given the DRM change on Dec 6th, SF throwing out a capricious and unreliable download quota at this point is the worst development possible.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-24-2022, 03:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bwnautilus
    replied
    I just started being capped at 21 downloads for Amazon Prime. I'm on 6.0.0.2 with a Prime USA account, no VPN. What's up Mona ?

Leave a comment:

• potenial_user
    replied
    While I'm not a super fan of the download limit, limiting your downloads does help you fly under the streaming services' radar should the ever decide to audit anything at some point.I rarely download more than 10 from any service within a 24 hour period.. but that's my own choice, and not everyone is as cautious.

Leave a comment:

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by jpp72 View Post

That is just a countdown timer that says how many seconds before that pop-up will be automatically cleared. It was introduced because people would queue stuff over multiple services but once one service reached the max, you had to click ok for it to move to other services.
    Thanks - I just saw it count down on my other laptop when checked to see if it was "tomorrow" yet. I only noticed it in the screenshot - I should've realized it was a countdown, but I'm so damned PO'd right now that I'm not in the mood to look for rational explanations, since there seems to not be a heckuva lot of those regarding this product.

I am convinced something changed in version 6.
    I have a horrible feeling this thing can't count for toffee now. My main fear is that it won't reset.
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-23-2022, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    replied

Since 12:01 EST, I've downloaded 26 Prime videos on 1 laptop, and only 6 on another - and now it says I've reached my limit! I have no idea what OK (12) means.
    That is just a countdown timer that says how many seconds before that pop-up will be automatically cleared. It was introduced because people would queue stuff over multiple services but once one service reached the max, you had to click ok for it to move to other services.

So just when the heck does "tomorrow" start, StreamFab? Because either way you count it, I'm being cheated of my quota, since I did NOT download 50 Prime selections from 1:55 PM EST yesterday until 1:55 PM today (time of last download). (From 2PM Nov 22-23 the count would be 10 on one laptop, and 37 on another - so no matter when "tomorrow" starts, there's no way I can still be at maximum download limit in a 24 hour time frame at 3:16 PM today.)
    Back when i was doing 100 at a time, i would start the queue in the late afternoon and would start the next 100 around the same time the next day and it would work. I am convinced something changed in version 6. Why would it tell me i reached my limit at 26 and then i can start another 26 on an other machine??? I guess i will install an old 5.x version on a 4th computer to see if i am right...

Given the looming DRM change on Dec 6, this is really a kick in the teeth. Since SF has resisted installing a daily counter to track remaining downloads left, someone needs to go on the record here and answer what's a really basic question - WHEN DOES THE DOWNLOAD COUNTER RESET?
    That is exactly why i started downloading a bunch of stuff i had been putting off. That and the fact that a ton of Amazon Prime Channels are on special for Black Friday.

I do NOT have a problem with limited downloads of 50 - I DO have a problem with being told that quota runs from midnight to midnight my time and then finding out that wasn't true, because at this point it sure looks like this software is now throttling back on that count.

Mona - what gives here?
    Yeah Mona, what gives?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X