Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• artsunlimited
    replied
    Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    It's been a while since I downloaded more than about 10 per service per day. So I don't know if they changed it. But....

Were both instances of StreamFab using the same FAB account/login? If so that is likely why.

The limit was 50 per streaming service per FAB account. I don't know what time of day that resets exactly.
    I asked numerous times before Online Help stopped being maintained and was told each time that it resets at midnight my time - my major concern was since there's no counter to keep track of remaining downloads available, I was afraid that if I did hit quota, the software might not reset. In spite of being assured that it would roll over and reset "at midnight", I've only run my downloads up to 48 or 49 each for Amazon and HBO within that 12am-11:59pm time frame - but I've also done it several days in a row. I never hit that 50 limit due to that fear - until today.

Since 12:01 EST, I've downloaded 26 Prime videos on 1 laptop, and only 6 on another - and now it says I've reached my limit! I have no idea what OK (12) means.

So just when the heck does "tomorrow" start, StreamFab? Because either way you count it, I'm being cheated of my quota, since I did NOT download 50 Prime selections from 1:55 PM EST yesterday until 1:55 PM today (time of last download). (From 2PM Nov 22-23 the count would be 10 on one laptop, and 37 on another - so no matter when "tomorrow" starts, there's no way I can still be at maximum download limit in a 24 hour time frame at 3:16 PM today.)

Given the looming DRM change on Dec 6, this is really a kick in the teeth. Since SF has resisted installing a daily counter to track remaining downloads left, someone needs to go on the record here and answer what's a really basic question - WHEN DOES THE DOWNLOAD COUNTER RESET?

I do NOT have a problem with limited downloads of 50 - I DO have a problem with being told that quota runs from midnight to midnight my time and then finding out that wasn't true, because at this point it sure looks like this software is now throttling back on that count.

Mona - what gives here?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2022-11-23 14.21.52..jpg Views:	0 Size:	33.4 KB ID:	418065
    Last edited by artsunlimited; 11-23-2022, 08:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    replied
    Originally posted by KidJoe View Post
    It's been a while since I downloaded more than about 10 per service per day. So I don't know if they changed it. But....

Were both instances of StreamFab using the same FAB account/login? If so that is likely why.

The limit was 50 per streaming service per FAB account. I don't know what time of day that resets exactly.

I thought about this over the past few months as I saw repeated questions. A thread this week, convinced me to sit and type this up. Hopefully some find it helpful. Mona Wilson.Wang signals wangtao Mod's, feel free to remove this if you don't feel its appropriate. You are also welcome to edit, correct, change, revise,

And my understanding is that using different Amazon Prime accounts won't make a difference if both use the same StreamFab Amazon downloader module.

Well that is annoying... When i first got StreamFab 5.x.x.x, i was downloading 100 per day before it complained.

I was always wondering WTF was going on but i wasn't complaining.

Obviously noone in their right mind is gonna fork over a full extra lifetime license when you can just add extra computer licenses for waaaaayyyy less.

The fact is it should work on a per streaming account and not per StreamFab account. It's really not suspicious if one is Amazon Canada with a Canadian account and Canadian IP while the other one is Amazon US with a US account and a US IP...

Thanks for the hint KidJoe. Much appreciated.

Would be nice to know exactly at what time it resets so i can schedule it to start the queue at exactly that time.

Leave a comment:

• KidJoe
    replied
    Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    StreamFab v6.0.0.1 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime USA with a US account
    StreamFab v6.0.0.3 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime Canada with a different Canadian account

Both of them stopped after 26 episodes, saying Daily limit was reached.

Was the limit changed??? If so, why?

I thought about this over the past few months as I saw repeated questions. A thread this week, convinced me to sit and type this up. Hopefully some find it helpful. Mona Wilson.Wang signals wangtao Mod's, feel free to remove this if you don't feel its appropriate. You are also welcome to edit, correct, change, revise,

And my understanding is that using different Amazon Prime accounts won't make a difference if both use the same StreamFab Amazon downloader module.

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    replied
    Originally posted by october262 View Post
    Ya i know this. It says 50. Not 26.

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
    StreamFab v6.0.0.1 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime USA with a US account
    StreamFab v6.0.0.3 on Windows 10 PC: Downloading from Amazon Prime Canada with a different Canadian account

see this here - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...n-on-downloads

Leave a comment:

• jpp72
    started a topic StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

StreamFab v6.0.0.x: Amazon Download Limit Changed?

Working...
X