You Tube command line / API ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Tube command line / API ?

I'd like to call StreamFab / You Tube downloader from a batch file to pull movie trailers. The other program I have finds the You Tube trailer URLs and I'd like StreamFab to fetch them automatically and provide a return code when they have been downloaded (i.e. command line, API etc..). I looked in the manual and don't find anything on this type of capability. Right now I copy the URLs into StreamFab manually. I am hoping to automate this. Right now I have the You Tube standard version. I'd be happy to upgrade to Pro, if this is supported.

Thanks,

Jeff

Originally posted by jbinkley60 View Post
    I'd like to call StreamFab / You Tube downloader from a batch file to pull movie trailers. The other program I have finds the You Tube trailer URLs and I'd like StreamFab to fetch them automatically and provide a return code when they have been downloaded (i.e. command line, API etc..). I looked in the manual and don't find anything on this type of capability. Right now I copy the URLs into StreamFab manually. I am hoping to automate this. Right now I have the You Tube standard version. I'd be happy to upgrade to Pro, if this is supported.

Thanks,

Jeff
    try it with a .txt fileClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	209
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	418364

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

try it with a .txt fileClick image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	209
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	418364
      Thanks but that won't quite do it. I'd still need to run StreamFab from a command line, tell it to download the URLs in the text file and then shutdown.

Jeff

Comment

The command line is not supported, we will consider it as a feature request.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
          The command line is not supported, we will consider it as a feature request.
          Thanks for confirming. If you do consider it, I'd just want to pass a You Tube URL, maybe a download type (i.e. audio/video) and a resolution (i.e. 1080). A file with a list of URLs would be nice but not a priority.

Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X