StreamFab Mac Platform is a Constant Disappointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab Mac Platform is a Constant Disappointment

I have put a ticket in for this, but also want to post here to see if others feel the same way. If you are a StreamFab for Mac user, how do you feel? I feel like I didn't get what I paid for because the windows platform is always updated first. And exchanging platforms when the lag is not the customer's fault seems reasonable to me.

"The Mac version lags behind like an unwanted stepchild and the functionality is NEVER the same between the 2. Windows is always one ahead. Yet I paid the same price. I believe that since you can't maintain the Mac version in the same timeframe as the Windows version you should allow for a change of platforms. Seriously, at this moment, the Windows StreamFab has been updated TWICE with no update to the Mac version yet. So I would like to stress that it really aggravates me when you send me emails like this one just received that announce fixes that I DO NOT GET."

Because Windows is always ahead of Mac at everything.

Comment

Originally posted by LycanHD View Post
      Because Windows is always ahead of Mac at everything.
      Thanks, but I'm really not trying to get into a philosophical debate over which platform is best. My point is that when I purchase any other commercial Multiplatform product, the manufacturer makes it clear what the differences between the platforms are truthfully. Examples:

1) Microsoft Office 365 - Microsoft clearly states what the differences are in the components included and the support structure and I could make an informed decision for to best suit my needs.
      2) McAfee AntiVirus - McAfee clearly states what the differences are in the components included and the support structure and I could make an informed decision for to best suit my needs.
      3) 1Password - 1Password clearly states what the differences are in the components included and the support structure and I could make an informed decision for to best suit my needs.
      4) Adobe Creative Cloud - Adobe clearly states what the differences are in the components included and the support structure and I could make an informed decision for to best suit my needs.
      5) Virtualbox - Oracle clearly states what the differences are in the components included and the support structure and I could make an informed decision for to best suit my needs.

On the flip-side, StreamFab is advertised as having identical features at the same price point. No mention is made about the Mac version being updated less frequently than the Windows version. The customer is left to assume there is no difference when their in truth is a huge difference in capabilities and problems. I believe due to the way they advertise the products and are not specific about these major differences, and because the products are the same price, they should not argue with a customer who wants to turn in a Mac StreamFab license for the "supposedly identifcal" yet superior product. I believe this is not excessive to ask. I believe the company knowingly tries to pry more money out of Mac users hands when they realize they have been duped into believing they are the same. If this were clear and truthful in the marketing materials, I would agree I should not expect an even swap. However, they do not make it clear and they provide less to Mac users for the same money and then want more to fix the issue by switching platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by solomonj View Post
        I have put a ticket in for this, but also want to post here to see if others feel the same way. If you are a StreamFab for Mac user, how do you feel? I feel like I didn't get what I paid for because the windows platform is always updated first. And exchanging platforms when the lag is not the customer's fault seems reasonable to me.

"The Mac version lags behind like an unwanted stepchild and the functionality is NEVER the same between the 2. Windows is always one ahead. Yet I paid the same price. I believe that since you can't maintain the Mac version in the same timeframe as the Windows version you should allow for a change of platforms. Seriously, at this moment, the Windows StreamFab has been updated TWICE with no update to the Mac version yet. So I would like to stress that it really aggravates me when you send me emails like this one just received that announce fixes that I DO NOT GET."

https://dvdfab-newwebsite.s3.ap-nort...wsletter221222
        I can't say I disagree... Especially following the recent changes to the streaming services DRM stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Streaky View Post

I can't say I disagree... Especially following the recent changes to the streaming services DRM stuff
          I’ll add to the list of disappointed users as well. Updates are horrendously behind, sometimes 3+ versions. I have 5 versions of SF installed because each fix breaks another module, which doesn’t seem to be a problem for windows. MPD module is windows only, which isn’t known well. I asked when it was coming to Mac and was told probably never due to browser requirements. I know Mac is EXTREMELY challenging for developers now, even more so with the Ventura update and coding requirements are more costly, but don’t advertise it as being the same when they clearly aren’t. I asked recently if I could convert my license to windows and leave the Mac license behind and I was told my only option was to repurchase the software. Wow. ​ I would gladly give up my Mac license to move it over to windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Dula87 View Post

I’ll add to the list of disappointed users as well. Updates are horrendously behind, sometimes 3+ versions. I have 5 versions of SF installed because each fix breaks another module, which doesn’t seem to be a problem for windows. MPD module is windows only, which isn’t known well. I asked when it was coming to Mac and was told probably never due to browser requirements. I know Mac is EXTREMELY challenging for developers now, even more so with the Ventura update and coding requirements are more costly, but don’t advertise it as being the same when they clearly aren’t. I asked recently if I could convert my license to windows and leave the Mac license behind and I was told my only option was to repurchase the software. Wow. ​ I would gladly give up my Mac license to move it over to windows.
            You, too, huh? Yeah I've been told the same multiple times. I understand the complexities, as you do, but there is no reasonable logical rationale behind their refusal to convert to Windows, as it is clearly a superior, more supported product. I truly believe their intent is to squeeze every penny out of customers that they can, including cases like ours. They don't care that our product is not what we paid for, or even close to what it was advertised as. They just want our money. With the DVDFab. product, this wasn't an issue because the Mac platform was not far enough behind the Windows version that it created excessive failures. But for StreamFab, there IS excessive failures. They should stand behind their product or do the right thing and let disappointed Mac users migrate their license at no charge from Mac to Windows. I also believe they s should stop selling the Mac version of StreamFab UNLESS they properly mark its shortcomings in a clearly visible way when customers go to purchase it.

Comment

Working...
            X