[Windows V6.1.0.0] CrunchyRoll Subtitles Being Burned In Somehow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Windows V6.1.0.0] CrunchyRoll Subtitles Being Burned In Somehow

I have the setting Subtitle Format set to "Remux Into File" and the output has English burned in and other subtitles added. I have tried changing this to "Extract to SRT File" but the output still has burned in subtitles. This is not normal coming from CrunchyRoll

Image shows an example of the burned in subs (back) and the remuxed subs (front)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	example.png
Views:	516
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	419986

What is the show/episode so others can try it?

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
      What is the show/episode so others can try it?
      Any from my experience. I tried four in total, but the example above was Chainsaw Man subbed

Comment

Originally posted by Bradf3rdc View Post

Any from my experience. I tried four in total, but the example above was Chainsaw Man subbed
        are the subtitles already burned in ??

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

are the subtitles already burned in ??
          Of course not? Why would I complain about a video with burned in subs if the source had them burned in from the beginning

Comment

Of course not? Why would I complain about a video with burned in subs if the source had them burned in from the beginning
            just tried chainsaw man S01 E01 streamfab did not give me any options for subtitles just the video quality, anyhow the English Subs are already burnt
            into the video.

Comment

just tried chainsaw man S01 E01 streamfab did not give me any options for subtitles just the video quality, anyhow the English Subs are already burnt
              into the video.
              Yeah the CrunchyRoll module could definitely use some love, there has never been a subtitle selection from when I started using it. They just capture all. I think you are confirming the issue here, given that you have downloaded the video. Though given the phrasing " English Subs are already burnt into the video​" makes it sound like you are saying that the source video already has the subtitles burnt in. Which if that is what you intended to say i'm not sure what would give you that impression as I am positive it isn't

Comment

Yeah the CrunchyRoll module could definitely use some love, there has never been a subtitle selection from when I started using it. They just capture all. I think you are confirming the issue here, given that you have downloaded the video. Though given the phrasing " English Subs are already burnt into the video​" makes it sound like you are saying that the source video already has the subtitles burnt in. Which if that is what you intended to say i'm not sure what would give you that impression as I am positive it isn't
                here is a screenshot - Click image for larger version

Name:	Chainsaw Man_S01E01_DOG & CHAINSAW_Moment.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	419999

Comment

here is a screenshot

Comment

Chainsaw Man has HardSub and SoftSub versions... StreamFab seems to only be parsing the HardSubs.

When using yt-dlp, i see both versions and am able to download the .ass subtitles along with the video without the HardSubs

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	296
Size:	383.1 KB
ID:	420158

Comment

Working...
                    X