update fails and hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

update fails and hanging

haven't used this in a couple weeks, on 6.1.0.1 now but updates to 6.1.0.4 keep failing. Also can't get anything from peacock, tried 3 titles and all 3 hang at analyzing video

Originally posted by wthomas69 View Post
    haven't used this in a couple weeks, on 6.1.0.1 now but updates to 6.1.0.4 keep failing. Also can't get anything from peacock, tried 3 titles and all 3 hang at analyzing video
    are you updating via the built in online method or the offline installer ??

Comment

It is best to always update the program with the offline installer.

With the online update you often have problems.​

Comment

I created a ticket for the same situation reported, support does not know what to do to solve it. Detail, I followed to the letter all the suggested guidelines. It is easier to say that the problem is on the side of those who use the software. I use the competitor's for the same streaming service and never had problems. So where is the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Josephus View Post
          I created a ticket for the same situation reported, support does not know what to do to solve it. Detail, I followed to the letter all the suggested guidelines. It is easier to say that the problem is on the side of those who use the software. I use the competitor's for the same streaming service and never had problems. So where is the problem?
          Same, only use SF for services not on AS, peacock being one

Comment

It is easier to say that the problem is on the side of those who use the software. I use the competitor's for the same streaming service and never had problems. So where is the problem?
            Agree, so where is the problem?

Would say it is easier to say that you have more problem than a little bit in using Streamfab on here. This was nothing but a highjack post. What is and was the original post problem....I don't see it because it is not noted or mentioned what is failing or a log posted to help, and Peacock is not one of the services being offered by the competition, but you still jumped at it in reply. From the original post it looks like the OP went from 6.1.0.1 to 6.1.0.4 and still having the same problem which seems to be an install issue, need to try a clean install, try installing the offline version and posting logs.

Comment

"Where is the problem?" For SF, it's us or just me. I have sent several logs to support and they insist on saying the same thing over and over again:

“Please go to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" to uninstall StreamFab. After that open My Computer and go check if there is any related file left in C:\Program Files OR wherever you installed StreamFab, manually delete them. Also, please go to Documents to delete the StreamFab folder.

If you have a cleaning tool like CCleaner, you can use the tool to help clean the registry.

After that, please download and install the offline version of StreamFab https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64, and then right-click on it to run it as administrator to see the result.

Please delete the two folders and then run StreamFab to try again and see the result.
              %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
              %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/log

If still have a problem, please specify links to the videos you have problem with, and send the latest StreamFab.log for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is:
              C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log”

When I tell them that it didn't solve the next response is that the log will be sent to the developers.

And I never get a response with a solution.

Comment

You have tried all the solutions proposed by support and nothing solved it. Where is the problem? On their side, of course.

Comment

wthomas69

Please try applying the above solution and see what happens. It might be helpful.

Comment

"Where is the problem?" For SF, it's us or just me. I have sent several logs to support and they insist on saying the same thing over and over again:

“Please go to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" to uninstall StreamFab. After that open My Computer and go check if there is any related file left in C:\Program Files OR wherever you installed StreamFab, manually delete them. Also, please go to Documents to delete the StreamFab folder.

If you have a cleaning tool like CCleaner, you can use the tool to help clean the registry.

After that, please download and install the offline version of StreamFab https://dvdfab.cn/mlink/download.php?g=StreamFab_x64, and then right-click on it to run it as administrator to see the result.

Please delete the two folders and then run StreamFab to try again and see the result.
                    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/Temp
                    %HOMEPATH%/Documents/DVDFab/StreamFab/log

If still have a problem, please specify links to the videos you have problem with, and send the latest StreamFab.log for troubleshooting, the default location for log file is:
                    C:\Users\your computer name\Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\Log”

When I tell them that it didn't solve the next response is that the log will be sent to the developers.

And I never get a response with a solution.
                    From what you posted Josephus, if you done all that was requested as you posted. I would say that something is blocking you from using some of the StreamFab services on your computer. The competition installs differently than StreamFab, is why it's works, and it doesn't. I have used CCCleaner and several different viruses and malware programs to get rid of an imbedded bug, nothing worked. Didn't happen with StreamFab but with one of my computers. Do you have another computer to try StramFab services to see if it will run off another computer? It worth a try in trying if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Down2Earth View Post

From what you posted Josephus, if you done all that was requested as you posted. I would say that something is blocking you from using some of the StreamFab services on your computer. The competition installs differently than StreamFab, is why it's works, and it doesn't. I have used CCCleaner and several different viruses and malware programs to get rid of an imbedded bug, nothing worked. Didn't happen with StreamFab but with one of my computers. Do you have another computer to try StramFab services to see if it will run off another computer? It worth a try in trying if you can.
                      I gave Josephus advice as what to check but I have no indication that he took it.
                      ​​​​
                      If this were happening to me I would obtain the file's CDN server's address using a program like The Stream Detector and then run a Traceroute (Tracert) or just a simple Ping to see if you are experiencing any latency or other communication problem somewhere along the way.
                      He is located in Brazil but insists on hijacking threads from people located in other parts of the world and trying to make their problems his own. As you can see, I see his as a communication problem. If this was a problem with SF you would see hundreds of posts here about it rather than the few posts of various subjects that have appeared on this forum this week. I would be remiss if I failed to mention that Brazil is going through a time of political turmoil. It is not unusual for communication to be hampered or squelched duting such times. I have no direct knowledge of this happening in Brazil but if Josephus had followed my advice he would get clear indication, one way or the other, as to whether this was occurring.

Another quote of mine (below) was to the OP of a thread that Josephus hijacked goes on to explain my method of a clean uninstall/install. I disagree with SF's suggestion to use Window's uninstaller to uninstall StreamFab. Using a 'professional' uninstaller is more likely to remove all traces of the previous SF content. Also, CCleaner (which is considered a highly suspect program since being taken over by Avast) will never remove all SF registry content like a 'professional' uninstaller will at the time of the uninstall. In any event, I do not consider Josephus' problem to be SF-related. I firmly believe it is communication related.

If I were in your situation I would do a complete clean install. I personally do one with every new version install. Get a "professional" uninstaller, like Revo, IOBit, Ashampoo, etc. (this list might help - ) and completely remove all traces of StreamFab including registry entries. Manually delete everything in your Log and Temp folders. Then install StreamFab fresh and configure your Settings. Hopefully this will clean up any problem you might have.
                      One thing the quote left out, but I have advocated for in dozens of other posts, always use the offline update files and not do a pop-up updater. I prefer to get my new version files from the announcement "sticky" section (yellow area at the top of this forum) posted by a StreamFab Staff member (usually Wilson Wang).

Comment

About the online update problem, check if there is any log files in this path, and then send them to us to better check, thanks.
                        C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\updateLog

Comment

Working...
                        X