M3U8 Downloader Downloading ONLY Commercials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M3U8 Downloader Downloading ONLY Commercials

Just for shits and giggles, i wanted to see the difference when downloading with the built-in yt-dlp vs. native yt-dlp...

Went to NBC.com, more specifically, https://www.nbc.com/american-greed

Downloaded Season 15, Episode 19.

Download was pretty slow... And the resulting file was ~8 minutes of commercials.

Downloaded with native yt-dlp and have the full episode in 1080p, no commercials, and i also have the subtitles.

I don't really care since NBC has no DRM but thought i'd pass it on...

Were you able to confirm that the versions of the two yt-dlp were the same? As we previously discussed, one of the first things that SF does when running it's YouTubetoMP3Process.exe program is to update yt-dlp. The next time yt-dlp gets updated by its developers, check your StreamFab logs (I forget whether it was StreamFab.log or one of the other ones) and it will mention that yt-dlp was updated. That's how I found out about it. If they are the same then the options are set differently. Not much we can do about that other than send in a bug report.
    This brings up the question... Where is the yt-dlp program hiding in the first place? I'm guessing renamed in a temp folder somewhere. The log only seemed to mention when the file was updated and not just a regular get of the program. So I take that to mean that yt-dlp is already stored somewhere locally on disk.
    The usual disclaimer: I probably don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Comment

Working...
    X