Joyn/RTL+ Selection of available Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joyn/RTL+ Selection of available Resolutions

Hey, It would be great if it would soon be possible to get the available resolutions displayed and be able to select the desired one even with the streaming providers Joyn and RTL+.

Just like with Netflix and Amazon.​

The two should have options for picking the resolution. Maybe you can give us one or two title names and related screenshots to help us check it better?

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
      The two should have options for picking the resolution. Maybe you can give us one or two title names and related screenshots to help us check it better?
      Mona, my point is simply that before downloading, all available resolutions are displayed and then you can select the one you want.

At the moment, the downloader for Joyn and RTL+ only accepts the resolution that was preset in the settings.

However, not all videos on Joyn and RTL+ are available in 720p or 1080p.​

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post

Mona, my point is simply that before downloading, all available resolutions are displayed and then you can select the one you want.

At the moment, the downloader for Joyn and RTL+ only accepts the resolution that was preset in the settings.

However, not all videos on Joyn and RTL+ are available in 720p or 1080p.​
        I see, I have passed your request to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

I see, I have passed your request to the developer.
          Thanks, Mona.

I have now noticed something else:

The download speed for both Joyn and RTL+ is always very low.

Mostly only about 1-2 MB/s

I suspect this is because Streamfab uses the tool Youtube-DL for downloading.

There is the small tool aria2c for this, so you can download much faster.

Perhaps this could still be integrated.​

Comment

There is the small tool aria2c for this, so you can download much faster.

Perhaps this could still be integrated.​​
            Look again, my friend. It is there. Also, StreamFab doesn't use Youtube-DL. It uses yt-dlp which is called and updated by the YoutubeToMP3Process program.

I've noticed that you have complained about slow speeds here several times. Remember, it takes two to tango (as the saying goes). You might have the greatest Internet connection in the world but if their server is only putting out 1-2 MB/s, that's all your going to get. If they have a throttled CDN, same thing. In the past, I have repeatedly asked users complaining of slow speeds (perhaps one of them was you, I don't remember) to run a traceroot (tracert) or even a simple Ping to the service's actual server to see if there was any latency and not one of them has done that. It's just far easier to point the finger at StreamFab.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Look again, my friend. It is there. Also, StreamFab doesn't use Youtube-DL. It uses yt-dlp which is called and updated by the YoutubeToMP3Process program.

I've noticed that you have complained about slow speeds here several times. Remember, it takes two to tango (as the saying goes). You might have the greatest Internet connection in the world but if their server is only putting out 1-2 MB/s, that's all your going to get. If they have a throttled CDN, same thing. In the past, I have repeatedly asked users complaining of slow speeds (perhaps one of them was you, I don't remember) to run a traceroot (tracert) or even a simple Ping to the service's actual server to see if there was any latency and not one of them has done that. It's just far easier to point the finger at StreamFab.
              It is interesting that I myself can always download with 6 MB/s with yt-dlp and aria2c with Joyn and RTL+

Comment

It is interesting that I myself can always download with 6 MB/s with yt-dlp and aria2c with Joyn and RTL+
                Are you saying that Joyn and RTL+ do not use DRM?

Comment

Are you saying that Joyn and RTL+ do not use DRM?
                  Yes, of course there is DRM there as well.

I can download from there also only the videos, but not decrypt.

Nevertheless, the download is just about Streamfab significantly slower than when I use the tools themselves.

Apparently StreamFab does not use the full potential of it.​

Comment

To quote Wheezer's younger brother in The Little Rascals/(Our Gang) ---
                    Remarkable

Comment

If StreamFab does 1 thread at 1-2 MB/s, it makes sense that you get 6 MB/s with aria2c with the 5 threads by default...
                      How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

JPP72,
                        You deal with yt-dlp a lot more than I do, doesn't yt-dlp abort out with an error if it runs into a DRM video? That's what happens every time I use your script. Never have I seen it continue on to download an encrypted file. Besides, the difference between 1-2 MB/s and 6 MB/s is at most 40 Mb/s which is no way a significant amount. That would be 1/20th of my stated Internet speed. I don't know why this person refuses to use the standard test for speed and latency, traceroot (tracert). I guess he wouldn't be able to put the blame on SF then. Remarkable.​​​​

Comment

JPP72,
                          You deal with yt-dlp a lot more than I do, doesn't yt-dlp abort out with an error if it runs into a DRM video? That's what happens every time I use your script. Never have I seen it continue on to download an encrypted file. Besides, the difference between 1-2 MB/s and 6 MB/s is at most 40 Mb/s which is no way a significant amount. That would be 1/20th of my stated Internet speed. I don't know why this person refuses to use the standard test for speed and latency, traceroot (tracert). I guess he wouldn't be able to put the blame on SF then. Remarkable.​​​​
                          Yeah i was never trying to download DRM'd stuff so i never enabled that feature.

BUT. Because the DRM MPD wasn't downloading the subtitles, I had to adjust some of my scripts to allow downloading DRM'd stuff and i would the extract the subtitles and use it with the file downloaded by SF.

I have modified my scripts quite a bit since i gave them to you so i'll send you the updated ones.

To download DRM'd stuff with yt-dlp, you need to add --allow_u (Allow Unplayable) to the command-line. You can also add -k to that to keep the video track and audio track so you can use mp4decrypt on them if you have the decryption keys

Proper test to see the difference in speed between yt-dlp and sf for his case would be to remove the --downloader aria2c and make sure concurrent downloads are not enabled in the native downloader
                          How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I have modified my scripts quite a bit since i gave them to you so i'll send you the updated ones.
                            I'd like that a lot. I don't use them often but they've come in handy a few times.

Comment

Mona, any News about this Feature ?

Hope to see in next StreamFab Version.

Comment

Working...
                              X