Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRM MPD not working on CBS videos?

Hi

Videos from CBS from 7th Feb do not appear tobe working. Episodes before the 7th work fine so unsure what the problem is, maybe new drm. Link below. Using latest version of Streamfab.

Hope is proud of herself after telling Thomas her true feelings about him and what he’s done and demanding that he leave Forrester Creations.

Thanks

Anthony

I will pass your feedback to the developer.

Comment

Originally posted by acasco View Post
      Hi

Videos from CBS from 7th Feb do not appear tobe working. Episodes before the 7th work fine so unsure what the problem is, maybe new drm. Link below. Using latest version of Streamfab.

Hope is proud of herself after telling Thomas her true feelings about him and what he’s done and demanding that he leave Forrester Creations.

Thanks

Anthony
      Did you try VIP Services > Paramount and download it directly?
      This site is not using MPD Downloader.

Comment

Originally posted by acasco View Post
        Hi

Thanks

Anthony
        CBS doesn't use DRM.....google yt-downloader or tubedigger

Comment

Originally posted by jimc115 View Post

CBS doesn't use DRM.....google yt-downloader or tubedigger
          CBS does too use DRM - Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.png
Views:	404
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	421694

Comment

That's impressive...a picture no one can possibly read.

I had ZERO problems downloading it.
            Last edited by jimc115; 02-11-2023, 02:28 AM.

Comment

That's impressive...a picture no one can possibly read.

I had ZERO problems downloading it.
              did you use streamfab or yt-dlp ??

Comment

Either one will work.
                Look at the MPD file...Widevine is NOT enabled.

Comment

Either one will work.
                  Look at the MPD file...Widevine is NOT enabled.
                  the only mpd that i'm finding is the one for the advertisements.

Comment

Access to CBS.com is governed by being a user of a cable TV provider so ytp-dlp needs the appropriate options added. Tubedigger also needs cable TV info added. In the case of yt-dlp it would be these options -

--ap-mso MSO Adobe Pass multiple-system operator (TV provider) identifier, use --ap-list-mso for a list of available MSOs
                    ​​​​​ --ap-username USERNAME Multiple-system operator account login
                    --ap-password PASSWORD Multiple-system operator account password. If this option is left out, yt-dlp will ask interactively

There might be other considerations, as well. I'm not an expert on yip-dlp but those are the ones I have used in the past when the network website requires you to select your "TV Provider".

With October262's (barely readable) example, it does not show any MSO options listed. I don't know if he has a TV provider or not but without the options listed he will get the "DRM protected" as he did. StreamFab has no way to manually add the MSO options to it's internal yt-dlp coding. You have to go through the motions of clicking the "TV Provider" button and proceeding through the Adobe authorization. This authorization doesn't always seem to work properly. I'm not sure who is to blame for this. For a time here there was a long discussion about trying to access Telemudo through NBC.com and/or Peacock. The Adobe authorization never seemed to work right there. I think there was also an Adobe problem with TCM (Turner Classic Movies) at one point. I'm not sure if any of these Abobe problems were fixed and by whom.

In the end, CBS is only trying to get you to sign up for Paramount+. If you notice their commercials for their own shows that say something to the effect," Watch it Live or the next day on Paramount+". They never mention CBS.com. They are a business and are only trying to make more money off of you.​

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                      Access to CBS.com is governed by being a user of a cable TV provider so ytp-dlp needs the appropriate options added. Tubedigger also needs cable TV info added. In the case of yt-dlp it would be these options -

--ap-mso MSO Adobe Pass multiple-system operator (TV provider) identifier, use --ap-list-mso for a list of available MSOs
                      ​​​​​ --ap-username USERNAME Multiple-system operator account login
                      --ap-password PASSWORD Multiple-system operator account password. If this option is left out, yt-dlp will ask interactively

There might be other considerations, as well. I'm not an expert on yip-dlp but those are the ones I have used in the past when the network website requires you to select your "TV Provider".

With October262's (barely readable) example, it does not show any MSO options listed. I don't know if he has a TV provider or not but without the options listed he will get the "DRM protected" as he did. StreamFab has no way to manually add the MSO options to it's internal yt-dlp coding. You have to go through the motions of clicking the "TV Provider" button and proceeding through the Adobe authorization. This authorization doesn't always seem to work properly. I'm not sure who is to blame for this. For a time here there was a long discussion about trying to access Telemudo through NBC.com and/or Peacock. The Adobe authorization never seemed to work right there. I think there was also an Adobe problem with TCM (Turner Classic Movies) at one point. I'm not sure if any of these Abobe problems were fixed and by whom.

In the end, CBS is only trying to get you to sign up for Paramount+. If you notice their commercials for their own shows that say something to the effect," Watch it Live or the next day on Paramount+". They never mention CBS.com. They are a business and are only trying to make more money off of you.​
                      i don't have a cable/sattelte provider so that's the reason for it not working.
                      earlier, i tried with streamfab and it did download without any kind od sign-in.

Comment

The MPD is there...but you'll need to search for it. CATS4U is correct, you need a cable or other subscription to download. There are a few episodes for each show that are not locked, so if you are looking to download a series...you'd have to keep up weekly or miss the free episodes. As I stated...Widevine is not enabled, but it is set up to use both Widevine and Playready when they decide too.

TCM was not fixed to my knowledge and you still have to dig in and get the MPD link manually to get SF to download it. Can't blame SF for that...TCM is on a old version of Adobe Access.

Comment

Working...
                        X