Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Babysitting HBOMax segmented downloads

Re: StreamFab 6.1.0.6 (bug?)

When downloading segmented TV shows and movies from HBOMax, StreamFab occasionally fails to resolve the last segment. Download speed drops to almost nothing (generally 2-4Kb) and progress halts. Either the download eventually fails, or I have to manually cancel it in order for the batch downloads to continue. Immediately trying the same episode again almost always succeeds. As a result, it's necessary to babysit StreamFab in order to ensure that it isn't wasting inordinate time trying to download a file that--for whatever reason--won't complete.
    Last edited by zapt; 02-09-2023, 06:07 PM.

can you post a log?

Comment

Here's today's log.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
        Here's today's log.
        I have passed the log file to the developers.

Comment

Mona Can you see if they've made any progress on this? Many HBOMax segmented series are still basically hanging while trying to download the final segment of certain episodes. At 5AM, I resumed downloading the Doctor Who TV series (Season 9), and it only managed to resolve four episodes in four hours. Rather than failing when downloading that final troublesome segment, StreamFab keeps trying--apparently, indefinitely until I catch the issue. So the only way to safely do a batch download of a TV series is to check progress every 10-15 minutes to ensure that StreamFab isn't "stuck." (Note: I don't know if this is restricted to HBOMax or if it also affects segmented downloads on other streaming services.)
          Last edited by zapt; 03-19-2023, 06:10 PM.

Comment

The QA team can only see this problem for one time. And it can be solved by changing the VPN connection node.
            They checked your log file and run tests with the title you have tried, and the batch download of 12 episodes went through well, they did not reproduce the problem.
            Please clean up the caches, update the version, and try again. ​

Comment

I don't use a VPN and already had the current version. I've now deleted the cache folder as you've suggested. I'll let you know if this corrects the problem as soon as I identify another batch I want to download.

Comment

I too have experienced this problem. I am in the USA and do not use a VPN. I've deleted cache, re-installed SF but the problem still exists. Mona said she would send my log to the developer. No update as of 03-30-2023.

Comment

Originally posted by bwnautilus View Post
                  I too have experienced this problem. I am in the USA and do not use a VPN. I've deleted cache, re-installed SF but the problem still exists. Mona said she would send my log to the developer. No update as of 03-30-2023.
                  Hi bwnautilus,
                  With the info you provided, the QA team can duplicate it now. And they suggested that you try to pause the download and then restore the download and see the result..
                  https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ax-d-l-problem

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

Hi bwnautilus,
                    With the info you provided, the QA team can duplicate it now. And they suggested that you try to pause the download and then restore the download and see the result..
                    https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...ax-d-l-problem
                    Hi Mona,

That's exactly what I've been doing to get around this problem. But this means I have to check SF every 5 minutes or so which is a PITA. Does the developer have a solution for this?

Comment

Mona I've been doing the same consistently. Do the developers have any idea why stopping and then restarting the same download often succeeds (usually on the first or second attempt)? Is it a transmission issue from HBOMax?

Comment

Mona Update for 6.1.1.4 with emptied cache; that is, everything in the Cache folder was deleted.

It's a new month, so there's new content at HBOMax. Very little has changed regarding how SF handles segmented downloads.
                        1. Several episodes of Roots and one or two of Walker: Independence simply failed when attempting to download the final segment (Fail text displayed).​
                        2. One episode of Roots appears to have hung in the middle of downloading the segments. Given that the speed remained unchanged, it's possible that the progress indicator simply froze.
                        3. One movie (The Hangover) hung when trying to download the last segment.
                        As before, pausing and later retrying the same downloads generally succeeds.

Note that having such downloads quickly Fail is the best temporary fix. It doesn't prevent the batch from moving to the next item. It's the freezing that is requiring us to regularly check to see if downloads are progressing properly.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I am experiencing the same issue.

Comment

A lot of things on HBOMax seems to result in this now

Comment

The developer team will look into the freeze issue as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X