StreamFab 6.1.1.2 (Win) Amazon Video Resolution Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreamFab 6.1.1.2 (Win) Amazon Video Resolution Problem

I found a problem with the selection of available resolutions on Amazon Prime.

If you want to download a series with multiple seasons, but the first seasons are only available in SD, the resolution for the other seasons cannot be changed individually to HD.

Therefore, the SD resolution is then adopted for all seasons.

It would be great if you could set the available resolutions for each season of a series.

At the moment, it is very time-consuming to download such series with changing resolutions.​

Copy and paste URL in SF works, to download just the series that is in HD, however, we need a change in the way the software recognizes each season.
    I think it is on the list of future updates because I have read other threads on the subject requesting the same.
    I am also waiting for a change in this aspect.​

Comment

Prime has a problem with seasons even on a Roku. You need to add the season you are currently watching to your My Stuff list. If you do not, even on the Roku, you get all sorts of problems.

Comment

Just discovered the same issue with Hulu too. I was wondering why every other episode of the TV show I was downloading was going big small big small big small, as in, 1.69Gb, 1.16Gb, 1.69, 1.16Gb, 1.69Gb, then I remembered that every other time I go into the TV show, it analyzes it differently. Sometimes it immediately goes in to analyze the entire series, other times it goes in like P+ behavior, you select the season, then click the episode, then it analyzes and selects the episode you clicked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty92 View Post
          I found a problem with the selection of available resolutions on Amazon Prime.

If you want to download a series with multiple seasons, but the first seasons are only available in SD, the resolution for the other seasons cannot be changed individually to HD.

Therefore, the SD resolution is then adopted for all seasons.

It would be great if you could set the available resolutions for each season of a series.

At the moment, it is very time-consuming to download such series with changing resolutions.​
          Hi all,

We are working on this problem, StreamFab will analyze the videos again when beginning to download, and will also notify to you when the episode includes the higher resolution or audio, e.g. Season 1 has SD only but Season 2 has FHD.

BTW, it's better to tell us some video links for testing.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post

BTW, it's better to tell us some video links for testing.

Wilson
            Usually, the longer a show has been running, the higher the likelyhood of it having SD and HD resolutions...

Examples on Amazon US:

Big Brother (24 Seasons)

The Challenge (38 Seasons, 28 Available on APV)

Chopped (54 Seasons)

Saturday Night Live (48 Seasons)

Here is a screenshot of some shows i have that have a lot of Seasons. They might not all be on APV though...

Comment

Remember this problem also affects shows that have different bit rates on different episodes, and some episodes have forced subtitles and some do not.

Comment

Working...
              X