• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SFab 6.1.1.9 The CW errors, 6.1.1.7 works

StreamFab 6.1.1.9 gives me errors when trying to download:

Superman & Lois - Season 3 S03E306
    Gotham Knights - Season 1 S01E106

I tried deleting temp/cache files - still didn't work.

I uninstalled 6.1.1.9 via Windows add/remove and also deleted saved parameters, rebooted, installed 6.1.1.7 from full offline install.

The above downloaded fine using SFab 6.1.1.7.

Re-installed 6.1.1.9 from full offline install and could not download above again.

Tried a few times & got same results - 6.1.1.9 not working on above, 6.1.1.7 did.

I skipped 6.1.1.8 (which *may* work), because I believe the last time it downloaded from The CW was with 6.1.1.7 - don't want to also test 6.1.1.8 - DVDFab/StreamFab can do that if they want.

Anybody else want to try the above two shows via The CW and see if they also get these errors on SFab 6.1.1.9?

Thanks

Mike

Attached: Log files
    Attach to reply due to this forum not liking logs w/screen captures also

US - CST, No Vpn, Win10/11 64bit Pro, StreamFab Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime​
    Attached Files

(Continued)

Attached with errors on SFab 6.1.1.9
    Attached SFab 6.1.1.7 worked

Mike

US - CST, No Vpn, Win 10/11 64bit Pro, StreamFab Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime
    Attached Files

Comment

No problem, Mike, but not exactly what you asked for. I've been holding off on updating StreamFab until after the weekend (when the updates came out on Friday). I let others be the guinea pig. I don't know when I'll update (if I do) with this release on a Wednesday. I ran this download using my modified 6.1.1.8 StreamFab. It uses the latest nightly FFMpeg and the latest MKVMerge. I also finally figured out how to replace the more than year old Python 3.7 with the latest Python release, 3.11-3. I don't think my modifications had anything to do with making the download work. I think the unmodified 6.1.1.8 would have worked, too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-26 11.29.49 AM.png
Views:	460
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	424675

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
        No problem, Mike, but not exactly what you asked for. I've been holding off on updating StreamFab until after the weekend (when the updates came out on Friday). I let others be the guinea pig. I don't know when I'll update (if I do) with this release on a Wednesday. I ran this download using my modified 6.1.1.8 StreamFab. It uses the latest nightly FFMpeg and the latest MKVMerge. I also finally figured out how to replace the more than year old Python 3.7 with the latest Python release, 3.11-3. I don't think my modifications had anything to do with making the download work. I think the unmodified 6.1.1.8 would have worked, too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-04-26 11.29.49 AM.png Views:	0 Size:	130.8 KB ID:	424675
        Cats4U,

Thanks!

DVDFab/StreamFab should take note of updating the interfacing software FFMpeg, MKVMerge, Python, etc.. that you have pointed out a few times to them for updating their programs to current version usage.

In addition to moving new software updates to Monday instead of Friday.

I thought they might have just broke it with 6.1.1.9 but just went to the last version I think I used on The CW, 6.1.1.7, and it worked ok.

Oink! Oink! (Guinea Pig sound)

You would *think* as many times as DVDFab/StreamFab has broken something while trying to fix something else, they'd have an array of things to test for different download modules and not play and endless game of Wack-A-Mole.

But that's how they role with QA.

Still curious if others get the same errors I got on 6.1.1.9 though for The CW for those two shows.

Mike

Attachment: SFab settings I use, didn't change any when upgrading to 6.1.1.9 after 6.1.1.7 worked for me.

US -CST, No Vpn, Win10/11 64bit Pro, StreamFab Lifetime, DVDFab Lifetime
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Mike_M; 04-26-2023, 04:33 PM.

Comment

The thing i find so frustrating is that shit breaks from version to version and yet no work has been documented in the release notes.

Why is the CW downloader not working when nothing has changed on the site and nothing is mentioned in the release notes?

Also, why can't we just get actual modules for M3U8 and MPD?? If we did, you could just use the M3U8 downloader to get those episodes as i just tried them with yt-dlp and they download no problems.

I tried with 6.1.1.9 and get failures too Mike_M
          Last edited by jpp72; 04-26-2023, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
            The thing i find so frustrating is that shit breaks from version to version and yet no work has been documented in the release notes.

Why is the CW downloader not working when nothing has changed on the site and nothing is mentioned in the release notes?
            Jpp72,

Can you confirm that you get errors on The CW module for those two shows (Latest Superman & Lois/Gotham Knights) using 6.1.1.9?

I'm not a programmer, but I'd guess mutual code/and or server settings shared/called from different modules is adjusted for one & throws off another that isn't simpatico with the change.

Seems like they'd have mapped some of these dependencies by now and/or do more extensive QA before releasing.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post

Jpp72,

Can you confirm that you get errors on The CW module for those two shows (Latest Superman & Lois/Gotham Knights) using 6.1.1.9?

I'm not a programmer, but I'd guess mutual code/and or server settings shared/called from different modules is adjusted for one & throws off another that isn't simpatico with the change.

Seems like they'd have mapped some of these dependencies by now and/or do more extensive QA before releasing.

Mike
              Yep i do get errors on both shows. They both work fine with yt-dlp :

Name:	image.png
Views:	438
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	424681

Something else i noticed when using yt-dlp is that The CW has multiple resolutions/bitrates so for you guys that download from there, maybe request the feature of selecting the resolution and bitrate.

Name:	image.png
Views:	418
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	424682

Comment

DVDFab/StreamFab should take note of updating the interfacing software FFMpeg, MKVMerge, Python, etc.. that you have pointed out a few times to them for updating their programs to current version usage.
                Yes, considering that in two months all hell could possibly come loose. Python 3.7 is set for end of life in June of this year. It is already on just security fixes that you have to compile yourself from source.

3.7 Lifespan
                3.7 will receive bugfix updates approximately every 3 months for about 24 months. Sometime after the release of 3.8.0 final, a final 3.7 bugfix update will be released. After that, it is expected that security updates (source only) will be released as needed until 5 years after the release of 3.7 final, so until approximately 2023-06.
                Then, in theory with Python 3.7 gone, so goes yt-dlp (which appears to be embedded in YoutubeToMP3Process.exe)

yt-dlp supports only Python 3.7+, and may remove support for more versions as they become EOL
                Or maybe nothing happens and we just go on using old obsolete versions of programs that are updated nightly with new features and bugfixes.

Comment

DVDFab/StreamFab/Mona/Wilson

Is this noted & being worked on?

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
                    DVDFab/StreamFab/Mona/Wilson

Is this noted & being worked on?

Mike
                    Actually, with 6.1.2.0 beta there does seem to be some work being done with regards to using newer versions. They are now using FFMpeg.exe 6.0 within the main program rather than 4.4. But the FFProbe.exe in the main section remains as 4.4. They've even switched to the type of FFMpeg that doesn't use, as I refer to them, the helper files, aka .dll files. But elsewhere, such as in the Youtube-DL directory, they are still using 4.4. MKVMerge and Python look like they are still their earlier versions.
                    After I made my usual experimental updating of the files I started to have some crashing, especially with the Amazon module for some reason. I'm back to the standard StreamFab 6.1.2.0 beta for now while I try to figure it out. That's ok. That's what experimenting is all about. You learn more from your failures than you do your successes.
                    I give the developer the highest praise for starting to make the effort to start on bringing the program components more up-to-date. It's easy to rest on your laurels but a lot of bug fixes and security issues go unaddressed if you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post

Actually, with 6.1.2.0 beta there does seem to be some work being done with regards to using newer versions. They are now using FFMpeg.exe 6.0 within the main program rather than 4.4. But the FFProbe.exe in the main section remains as 4.4. They've even switched to the type of FFMpeg that doesn't use, as I refer to them, the helper files, aka .dll files. But elsewhere, such as in the Youtube-DL directory, they are still using 4.4. MKVMerge and Python look like they are still their earlier versions.
                      After I made my usual experimental updating of the files I started to have some crashing, especially with the Amazon module for some reason. I'm back to the standard StreamFab 6.1.2.0 beta for now while I try to figure it out. That's ok. That's what experimenting is all about. You learn more from your failures than you do your successes.
                      I give the developer the highest praise for starting to make the effort to start on bringing the program components more up-to-date. It's easy to rest on your laurels but a lot of bug fixes and security issues go unaddressed if you do.
                      Cats4u,

Thanks for the update.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X