Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avatar The Way Of Water Video Length Too Long

Streamfab x64 6.1.2.1, Amazon Downloader

Avatar the Way of Water downloads fine but every player reports it as 6 hours long. The video plays fine, 3 hours 18 minutes but at the end of the movie the player stops with a phantom 3 hours to go.

Is there something I should be tweaking? I bought the HD version and I've tried all three bit rates with the same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Neal
    An intentional omission is still a lie.

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Since it can be played well, it might be just a runtime displaying the problem.
    Please offer us the StreamFab.log file anyway.

Comment

I've attached the log. I've sure the video itself is not 6 hours long. The players don't understand this though. :-) I'm using Jellyfin and just have switch away and mark the movie watched manually.

Thanks!
      Attached Files

Win8=WTF? Win8.1=Not helping. Win10=Pastel Pansy City. Win11=Did I buy a Macintrash? Win12=MacinRehashed

Comment

Originally posted by NewMelle View Post
        I've attached the log. I've sure the video itself is not 6 hours long. The players don't understand this though. :-) I'm using Jellyfin and just have switch away and mark the movie watched manually.

Thanks!
        Try edit it with avidemux. Open it, set start and stop. Under video and audio choose copy. Save as new mp4​

Comment

Thanks!
          Log is received, thanks.

Comment

It might be one of the subtitles tracks. Try downloading it without subtitles or remove the subtitle track. I had a similar issue.

Comment

Downloading without subtitles worked. Thanks!

At least I know what does it now should it happen again.

Comment

Downloading without subtitles worked. Thanks!

At least I know what does it now should it happen again.
                A simple remux with MKVtoolnix woulda saved you the download.

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post

Try edit it with avidemux. Open it, set start and stop. Under video and audio choose copy. Save as new mp4​
                  I am having the same issues with AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER. I saw your post and and it sparked my interest in AviDemux. Just to check it out I used a movie I had already downloaded from Amazon. It does what you indicated, but it strips the subtitles from the movie. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way it is?

I just don't understand why I am having such difficulty with this particular movie. In all that I have downloaded this is the only one that I have had an issue with. I download a ton and use a converter to add subtitles to the video stream. This one has me pulling what ever hair I have left OUT!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

John
                  Billings, MT
                  Last edited by John-Billings; 09-28-2023, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Try it with MKVToolnix

Comment

Originally posted by John-Billings View Post

I am having the same issues with AVATAR THE WAY OF WATER. I saw your post and and it sparked my interest in AviDemux. Just to check it out I used a movie I had already downloaded from Amazon. It does what you indicated, but it strips the subtitles from the movie. Am I doing something wrong, or is that just the way it is?

I just don't understand why I am having such difficulty with this particular movie. In all that I have downloaded this is the only one that I have had an issue with. I download a ton and use a converter to add subtitles to the video stream. This one has me pulling what ever hair I have left OUT!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

John
                      Billings, MT
                      the only way to keep the subtitles is to have them hard coded (burned in) to the movie

Comment

the only way to keep the subtitles is to have them hard coded (burned in) to the movie
                        That is incorrect. You can extract the subtitles with FFMpeg, mp4box, or even CCExtractor before playing with AVIDemux. If it's an MKV, mkvextract or mkvcleaver does the job.

If you want the absolute simplest way, use Subtitle Edit.

Load the movie, set the format to SubRip (.srt) and then go to File | Save As and save the .srt.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	431111
                        Last edited by jpp72; 09-28-2023, 05:09 PM.
                        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

That was my ultimate goal. I save the movies from streamfab and then convert to MP4's with hard coded subtitles. Play those back on my ROKU devices off a USB stick because ROKU won't show subs embedded in MP4's. Sooo, the damn mp4 downloaded from Amazon is screwed up in that everything I own for video crashes trying to hard code the subs. I even tried Creator to build a Blu-ray with both Avatars. It processed Avatar and when it went to Way of the Water, it hung for hours and I eventually had to cancel. I got so pissed, I bought the damn Blu-Ray I have created several multiple movie single disks to play on my player in my bedroom when I crash, but need the mp4's for the living room with a ROKU device. All this would go away if ROKU could use subtitles, but from my research, it's not in their game plan

Thanks to you all for the information. I truly appreciate it! But, with the disk on the way, this particular Way of the Water issue has become moot.

Have a great day and weekend folks!

John
                          Billings, MT

Comment

Originally posted by D300 View Post
                            Try it with MKVToolnix
                            Thanks. I got it installed (64bit Windows), but couldn't get it to run on my Win 7 Pro. Kept asking for missing 32 bit DLL's. I download a couple, but gave up after 3 and it asked for more.

See my post above.

Again, thanks!

John
                            Billings, MT

Comment

Latest non-official MKVToolnix for Win7 - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...e5#post2702240
                              Compiled by Autodidact.

Comment

Working...
                              X