6.1.2.3 Hulu is broken - " Housebroken"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post
    The very latest episode of The Simpsons has the same error. Maybe new set of drm keys?
    No, it's not DRM, other programs work fine.
    Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post

No, it's not DRM, other programs work fine.
      Yes they do, but still could be a subset of keys or something else. Other program sometimes finds a higher bitrate stream too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_M View Post
        Screen examples for above post.

1. Shows no detail using current StreamFab version
        2. Fails
        3. Downloads ok from The Competitor (720p)
        4. Grey's Anatomy 1920x1080 up to 5/19/23

Mike

US - CST, No VPN
        I am still on 6.1.2.1. I have zero issues downloading Housebroken in 1080p H265.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	168
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	425727

Only thing i can think of is the highest bitrate is the issue since you say the competitor has the same issue and they automatically grab the highest bitrate.

I personally think anything higher that 3500kbps is unnecessary with H265 unless you have tons of action/movement and even then i find it's fine between 2500kbps and 3500kbps.

High bitrates on 2D animation is 100% a waste, again, IMHO.

Curious if you could try the 3487kbps in H265 on 6.1.2.3 as i am not willing to upgrade after seeing all these issues.

Update: I just tried the highest bitrate in 6.1.2.1 and it also works. The file is the exact same so probably there is only 1 bitrate available and that dropdown is just generic. My new speculation now is that StreamFab is gearing up to update Hulu module next to add the same functionality as Amazon with the on-the-fly codec selection and downloading separate streams and they messed something up...
        How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

As I wrote in the other thread that is about the Hulu problem, it appears that it is working correctly now and I'm guessing it was a temporary glitch at Hulu. For me, I am now able to download HouseBroken S02E07 (not that I ever wanted to) in both x264 (AVC) and x265 (HEVC) at 1080p. All other downloads from Hulu today came down at 1080p AVC (my preferred resolution and format). I guess we can close this thread if Chameleon can download from Hulu without problem as well. Chameleon, what say you?

Comment

Not sure if Mike deleted his reply or if the mods did but i have a notification that Mike quoted my message but i cannot access his reply...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	101
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	425765
            How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

I'm still getting a failure during processing with Hulu. Latest attempt was S01E01 of Accused. I've been having the same problem with first episode of Timeless, though haven't tried that one today.

Comment

Originally posted by Cats4U View Post
                As I wrote in the other thread that is about the Hulu problem, it appears that it is working correctly now and I'm guessing it was a temporary glitch at Hulu. For me, I am now able to download HouseBroken S02E07 (not that I ever wanted to) in both x264 (AVC) and x265 (HEVC) at 1080p. All other downloads from Hulu today came down at 1080p AVC (my preferred resolution and format). I guess we can close this thread if Chameleon can download from Hulu without problem as well. Chameleon, what say you?
                QUESTION: When you could not download the episode, did it say "NEW" on the episode? I did not try S34E22 of The Simpsons again bc I got it with the fox instead.

Comment

I don't look at episodes. I always type in the name of the series and click on that resulting thumbnail. That will bring up SF's selection pop-up. That is my standard way I choose episodes on all the streamers. The only main exception to that is if the series is on my favorites list and then I click on the series thumbnail in "My List" or whatever it is called in that streamer and that brings up the selection pop-up. Now, Hulu has an annoying habit of listing episodes in the future as "NEW" and then listing what day they will air. Although this has been reported a long time ago to StreamFab, the selection pop-up falls for it every time and people that aren't aware of it think there are more episodes available than they thought. Of course, the future episodes fail to download and the SF forum gets another "Hulu won't download" message added to the collection. I always know in advance what episodes I am going to get before I even click on the Hulu button. And if there are more there on the selection pop-up, I ignore them.

Comment

Working...
                  X