HBOMax not Max not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBOMax not Max not working

I am unable to download content from Max what was HBOMax after logging in using my credentials I am getting this error.

"The Video Stream detected is DASH MPD format, which is not supported by YouTube Plus downloader yet"

I did not select a YouTube Plus downloader I selected HBOMax and logged into my MAX using my HBOMax credentials

I've tried clicking on two different items (movie and TV episode). Both try to add it to the queue using the DRM MPD downloader rather than the HBOMax or Max downloader. (I have only the three free trials on DRM MPD, but a lifetime subscription to the HBOMax downloader. Regardless, the DRM MPD downloader fails.) On Shazam!: Fury of the Gods, for example, the Cancel, Add to Queue, and Download Now dialog box refuses to exit after you click one of the buttons, and there is a failure dialog box behind it.) Selecting Add to Queue does add it to the queue, but then fails to download it ("Failure accessing video from the streaming website" error message).

The big issue appears to be that--although we're being successfully transferred to the MAX site and logged in by clicking the StreamFab HBOMax icon--the link to the correct downloader isn't happening and DRM MPD doesn't work.

Notes

1. If I perform the same action in Microsoft Edge, I'm transferred from HBOMax, automatically logged into the new MAX, and the same selected movies plays correctly in the browser.)
    2. StreamFab should now have a separate Max icon to take us directly to the right site and downloader.

Comment

Sounds like we will have to wait for an update to fix

Comment

You were likely re-directed to the MAX web site. Using the "current" (maybe old soon??) HBOMax downloader in Streamfab doesn't work on MAX yet.

When I tried to log into HBOMax, it told me that MAX was here, re-directed me and logged me in. Using StreamFab, it takes me to the MAX page, and yes, it tries to download using MPD downloader and that doesn't work.

Now that the new MAX page is live, we need to wait for the developers to work on it and fix StreamFab so it works with Max. I have no idea how long that will take.

PS: You can subscribe to MAX via Amazon channels and download from StreamFab's Amazon downloader. You'll be able to also use those credentials to log into the MAX web site and app, so you'll be able to watch using the Max app on Roku/FireTV/AndroidTV and later download from Max if/when FAB fixes Streamfab.
        Last edited by KidJoe; 05-23-2023, 07:58 PM.

Comment

HBO Max works for me,they won't change to just MAX until 2024 in Scandinavia + other European countries, they haven't given an exact date yet. So HBO MAX + Discovery+ are separate.​

Comment

Originally posted by tomolo View Post
            HBO Max works for me,they won't change to just MAX until 2024 in Scandinavia + other European countries, they haven't given an exact date yet. So HBO MAX + Discovery+ are separate.​
            Yes, my understanding is the change happened in the USA and US Territories/region. BUT not rest of world yet, that will happen in phases.

It will be interesting to see if FAB keeps the existing HBOMax downloader, and adds a MAX Downloader for those regions who have converted. OR if they change the current HBOMax downloader to be MAX (meaning those who haven't converted yet might be out of luck).

Comment

If they get it working and that's a big "if", it will only be Max, all other countries will be out of luck if Max is not enabled in their country. Use Amazon Prime for Max, or HBOMax, that will work. But then again they will have to get Amazon Prime working properly also.
              Last edited by Chameleon; 05-25-2023, 04:20 PM. Reason: spelling errors
              Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

6.1.2.4 update is out. No fix yet.

Comment

I have to ask... Why redirect US users to a StreamFab downloader (DRM MPD) that clearly fails to work with Max? From a customer service standpoint, it would be better to just display an Under Construction-type error message rather than having us log in every day to see if maybe the problem has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by zapt View Post
                    I have to ask... Why redirect US users to a StreamFab downloader (DRM MPD) that clearly fails to work with Max? From a customer service standpoint, it would be better to just display an Under Construction-type error message rather than having us log in every day to see if maybe the problem has been fixed.
                    StreamFab is built to recognize specific domains. If they don't recognize the domain, then it tries to find an MPD or a M3U8.

HBO Max module recognizes hbomax.com but not max.com. So when it detects a video from max.com, it tries with DRM MPD or DRM M3U8.

There is no problem to fix. They basically need to add a new module for Max. Just like when there used to be just HBO Go and then HBO Max launched. Because both were/are available simultaneously, they created a new module for HBO Max.

Logic dictates that they should create a Max module for US customers while other regions can keep using the HBO Max module.

This will 100% be in the release notes so there is no need to "keep trying" every new version if there is no mention in the release notes.
                    Last edited by jpp72; 05-31-2023, 09:54 PM.
                    How to post issues in the StreamFab Section

Comment

Originally posted by Chameleon View Post
                      If they get it working and that's a big "if", it will only be Max, all other countries will be out of luck if Max is not enabled in their country. Use Amazon Prime for Max, or HBOMax, that will work. But then again they will have to get Amazon Prime working properly also.
                      What do you mean by they will have to get Amazon Prime working properly?

I have had no issues downloading from the Max Amazon Prime Channel.

As for the Max module, i am not holding my breath cause all the problems they have with getting 1080p. Competitor released a version supporting Max 5 days ago but right now, it's 720p with shit audio and no H265. If that's where they are at, i don't even want to think about what it's gonna be in SF

Comment

Originally posted by jpp72 View Post
                        Competitor released a version supporting Max 5 days ago but right now, it's 720p with shit audio and no H265. If that's where they are at, i don't even want to think about what it's gonna be in SF
                        They did? I'm still seeing daily posts there asking about support or reporting it not working.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKrawk View Post

They did? I'm still seeing daily posts there asking about support or reporting it not working.
                          I just tried 10 minutes ago and it works just fine. But at 720p and 66kbps Stereo.

In Any case, if you still want to use StreamFab's HBO Max downloader and don't care about subtitles, just connect to a VPN and go nuts.

I tried NordVPN Argentina and Brazil and AR doesn't work but BR does...

I'd love to know if any or the Nordic countries have English subtitles so i could use a VPN from there instead...

Comment

So i just tried Finland and they do have English subtitles but the catalog is much smaller. They don't even have a Last Chance section

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	2168
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	426040

Comment

Funny....StreamFab is advertising a "MAX" downloader that was in 6.1.2.3 but, afaik, it doesn't work.

Comment

Working...
                              X